PDA

View Full Version : Combating a "Dirty" Bulk

Chubrock
04-14-2005, 07:49 PM
As of now, I'm on a super clean bulk. I'm finding that lately the cravings are getting worse (as if they'd get better). These latest cravings got me thinking. Could you combat a less clean bulk with a lot of cardio? I mean like in simplest terms, does massive cardio + unclean food = cleaner bulk. I realize that it def. won't be as clean as I am now, but with all the cardio, would it be THAT bad?

JTyrell710
04-14-2005, 07:55 PM
you might get less results, but that seems quite apparant in the first place by goin dirty. It might be worth it if you can't stick to your diet. IMO It isn't worth suffering every meal just so u can gain a couple pounds extra of lbm at the end of a bulk/cut.

Chubrock
04-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have stated the cravings are THAT bad. It's just every now and then I get a big urge to eat something not so healthy so to speak. I guess I was wondering if I could combat these cravings by countering with extra/ large amounts of cardio, or would the effect of still eating the crap be present?

JTyrell710
04-14-2005, 08:24 PM
there'd be an effect, but I think that it'd be minimized, of course. I say go for it, it won't make too much of a difference and everyone needs the sanity of cheatfood once in a while.

ReelBigFish
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Just have a weekly or bi weekly cheat meal or cheat day if needed. If you hold out too long you're more likely to go completely crazy when you do give in.

Built
04-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Go a little dirty for your bulk. Cutting is a royal pain no matter HOW you do your bulk - might as well enjoy yourself a bit while you can.

If you start packing on fat like crazy, you can always pull back a bit.

Chubrock
04-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the opinions guys (and gals). I'll go ahead and pose this other question in here first and see if anybody responds.

Do ya'll think I'm less likely to put on unwanted BF by having a cheat DAY once a week, or by having small cheats throughout the week (ie. a sugar free cookie here, A slice of pizza there)? I've always done the cheat meal on saturday and absolutely killed it, but if everybody thinks I may fair better by having real small cheats throughout the week, and staying extremely strict all the other time, I may switch it up.

Unholy
04-15-2005, 10:50 AM
I like the idea of the meal more, give you somethign to look forward to. Its easy to loose track of how many "little" cheats you have and over do it.

AllUp
04-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Go a little dirty for your bulk. Cutting is a royal pain no matter HOW you do your bulk - might as well enjoy yourself a bit while you can.

:thumbup:
If you're gonna go a little dirty on a bulk, you might as well go REAL Dirty!. :P

Either way you'll likely more than pay for it during the cutting period.

AllUp
04-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Just have one slight cheat day/week. You're more likely to follow a diet plan if you know there will be rewards in a little while (i.e carb days on UD2.). :D