PDA

View Full Version : say cheese

D Breyer
04-15-2005, 08:54 PM
i've been browsing these forums for about a month now, and just decided to sign up. I'm 5'11" 185 lbs. I've had a ****ty diet for the past year or two, and my preformence in hockey and football started to lack, and now im trying to change it.......

my question is: is cheese good for you if you are cutting fat? some people say it doesn't matter, others say its terrible for you... who is right???

thanks

ozzyman
04-15-2005, 10:03 PM
I would say cheese may not be the best choice for someone who is trying to cut fat but then again as long as your still where you want to be in terms of calories than go for it...

Jabberwocky
04-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I eat string cheeze the macro's arent too bad.

Unholy
04-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Cottage cheese is the bomb diggidy dang, so is low fat string cheese :)

TheGimp
04-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Overall calorie intake is the main thing to be concerned about

Provided it fits into your daily calories then cheese is fine. Half fat cheese may be a better option as it is (obviously) less calorie dense

Cheese is a source of high quality, slow digesting protein and a great source of calcium. There is some evidence to suggest that calcium may encourage fat burning

no regrets
04-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm cutting right now and I always put a slice of fat free cheese on my egg whites and I eat cottage cheese every night before bed