PDA

View Full Version : Am I eating enough?

PrimeTime
12-02-2001, 04:21 PM
Ok, some of you people know my situation but for those that dont here goes...I'm 6'2'', somewhere around 175-180 lbs. at about 10% bf give or take one...I used to be 255 lbs. God knows where with bf...Anyways after losing all that weight I've leveled off at my current weight for at least 4 months, basically I'm neither bulking or cutting, I guess I'm just trying to get the best possible shape I can while lifting weights and doing cardio, what I really crave is the six pack but I still have a little flab around my midsection, nothing that a little work couldnt get rid of...I also dont want to lose very much more weight and be called a skinny dude for the rest of my life, so check it out do I eat enough?

Typical day

8 am Breakfast- 2 whole wheat toast with jam, glass of orange juice(oatmeal on weekends, sometimes with scrambled eggs)

10 am Little snack like a nutri grain bar or some piece of fuit

12 pm Lunch- Nothing heavy usually, some sort of sandwhich (egg or chicken), mac and cheese possibly or a chicken burger followed by a protein shake.

3 pm (If I remember) Another fruit snack

5 pm Biggest meal of the day...Meat and potatoes/Spaghetti/Lasagna, etc. without overeating

6 pm Workout

7 pm Post workout protein shake with a banana

Sometimes a snack, nothing fattening usually maybe weekends.

11 pm Cereal with yogurt and orange juice

I easily eat over 2000 calories a day, any thoughts??

pastdoubt
12-02-2001, 04:28 PM
If you have FLAB at 10% BF then it's most likely loose skin, for which I am not sure what you would do.

PrimeTime
12-02-2001, 04:32 PM
Yeah, more than likely it is, from the weight lost...the top of my stomach is tight with abs showing but the bottom is lagging a bit!

Not a lot of flab mind you, just not rock hard!

Budiak
12-03-2001, 01:31 AM
More protein! More protein in the breakfast, primarily. Also I think you're drinkng too much fruit juice. I'd say replace at least one serving of that orange juice with skim or 1% milk, and dont drink fruit juice late at night(stay away from simples at night).

PrimeTime
12-03-2001, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I always knew I needed more protein...maybe a morning shake is a good idea, it's just that I dont have alot of time right now maybe over the holidays I will give it a try and see what happens, I always use .5% or 1% milk...by the way what's wrong with juice before bed? Seems kinda trivial if that's the worst thing I can have before bed!

Jane
12-03-2001, 04:44 PM
yeah the orange juice doesnt seem all that wonderful. is it 100% orange juice? why not just eat an orange or two a day for your fruit servings?

PrimeTime
12-03-2001, 07:23 PM
Yeah, it's 100% orange juice, tropicana most of the time....I eat oranges sometimes, I just didnt know that orange juice was such a bad thing, what's the problem with it anyways?