PDA

View Full Version : How to lose weight

mattman1231
04-17-2005, 05:38 PM
I work out every night for about an hour, i do bench one night then do arm's the next night and keep repeating for about 5 days a week. I also do crunchs with a 10 or 15 pound weight on my chest. Now i know this is the diet section, but i just wanted to point out what i do ever week. I want to cut weight in my abs area and on the sides of my abs just so i can slim down and cut down a little. Now i know abs wont do anything much strengthen your abs not burn weight, but im kinda new too all this stuff and i was wonder how much if i should run everyday and how far and what too eat and not too eat and if there is any exercises to do to bunr fat faster. O yea i weight about 185 and im about 6 feet and im 16 years old

Shao-LiN
04-17-2005, 05:46 PM
You cannot spot reduce. Your lifting routine sucks. You don't even work legs. In the end, if you want to lose fat, you need to have a proper diet in place. There is a post stickied up top pointing out popular clean foods that are generally recommended. There should be a few posts asking the same question you are too...the search function can help in that regard and should give you numerous sources from which to learn from.

slapshot111
04-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Read around the forums, you can learn a lot, I did. Take a look at WBB#1 and try that for a while. Also get your diet straightened out.

MnM
04-17-2005, 07:13 PM
the stomach is going to be the last place you loose.....when you get a better diet and routine you'll see your upper body to get more cut but the stomach unfortunately is the last part to go away

_8_Ball
04-18-2005, 12:13 PM
I'll give you a piece of advice since your starting out...

Bench and Arms are WAY overrated... look at WBB #1 routine... it's a good start...

IRN-BRU
04-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Run for 20-30 minutes every day or two. Dont eat any junk food or sugar/sweets/cakes. That should cut you down.

If you want muscles too, you need to work out them all, especially your legs. You shouldnt bench and crunch for an hour, you must be using too light weights.

AzBboy
04-18-2005, 08:29 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=19 go to that link immediately. It will tell you how to diet. Get your BMR and AMR (youll know what im talking about when you go to the site) and be ready to do some math. Once you get your AMR, that will tell you how many calories your body uses during one complete day. To cut and get your abs, eat your AMR in calories EVERYDAY. That way, your body will break even everyday, you will eat the exact same much cals as your body uses up daily, and you wont gain/lose any weight. But, the real magic happens on your workout days. Eat your AMR INCLUDING ON WORKOUT DAYS. Those calories your workout burnt off will add up at the end of the week, and so long as you burn about 3,500 cals a week, you will lose a pound of fat a week. 1 hour weightlifting burns off approx. 360 cals, and one hour run burns off approx. 480 cals. Do the math to find how much workouts of each you need to do per week to burn off 3500 cals a week, then schedule your training days to match it. REMEMBER, you do not grow when you workout, you grow while you rest. What im trying to say is, working out for 1 hour 5 days in a row is not a wise idea. Hope this reply helps.