PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with REALLY LOW BF%....

Punky
04-17-2005, 07:35 PM
For someone to attain a low body fat % (I'm not talking unhealthy low, but contest low), I would assume a lower cal diet is essential. To achieve a low bf% is being hungry a good part of the day to be expected and should someone just suck it up and deal with it or can you still achieve that goal with no periods of hunger at all? Does being NOT hungry mean you're eating enough overall vs if you feel hungry you're in a "fat burning" mode?

Jabberwocky
04-17-2005, 07:45 PM
For someone to attain a low body fat % (I'm not talking unhealthy low, but contest low), I would assume a lower cal diet is essential. To achieve a low bf% is being hungry a good part of the day to be expected and should someone just suck it up and deal with it or can you still achieve that goal with no periods of hunger at all? Does being NOT hungry mean you're eating enough overall vs if you feel hungry you're in a "fat burning" mode?

In most cases contest low is unhealthy =D

Optimum08
04-17-2005, 08:52 PM
:withstupi....contest low=major dehydration of the body...plus many other unhealthy things...

ryuage
04-17-2005, 09:12 PM
so whats unhealthy low? seeing how contest shape is about 4% and 3% would be fat surrounding your organs.

AzBboy
04-17-2005, 10:24 PM
punky, I am not very low bf (9%) but to answer your question, no, hunger is not a necessity when come time to cut. The deeper into your cut you get, the more foods you find that are low cal and fill you up. Also, drinking lots of water and eating moderate amounts of fat keep you feelin' full for the measly 2.5-3 hours between meals. And, the body goes by portion sizes rather by cals to determine if it feels full, so just find your low-cal big portion size foods (thers TONS of 'em) and your good to go.