PDA

View Full Version : How many egss is to many a day?

Celestial
12-02-2001, 06:55 PM
How many eggs is to many a day? For breakfast I will have 5 egg whites..I like how it tastes its easy etc....soemtimes I will have some with dinner too. But my question what is to much? Then again....isnt there a debate about eggs being healthy or non healthy...I only eat the whites....just curious!

big calvin
12-02-2001, 07:00 PM
some may disagree but i think the whole egg is much better then the white by its self. get more out of it. if there whole eggs i would say to much would be .....10+ :D ...if its whites.....maybe 24+

i dont like eggs but when i do eat them ill add ham and cheese :p

Orange357
12-02-2001, 07:00 PM
Imo Egg whites are fine they are put in many bodybulders diets and fat loss diets alike alot.. you can see some of the last few diets have had egg whites for breakfast...but personally the gas i get from eggs is unfuckinbeliveable so i tend to stay away frome them..

the doc
12-02-2001, 07:35 PM
if your only eating whites that is just 3 g protein/ white

I myself like the whole egg, 4-5 a day

Wizard
12-06-2001, 03:30 AM
1 per day for me

syntekz
12-06-2001, 07:37 AM
I eat 1 whole egg and 5 egg whites a day. Haven't had problems yet.

DumbbellTosser
12-06-2001, 09:00 AM
But is there a study that says whether or not there's a limit to how many eggs a person should eat a day?

I eat 6 a day every day. So if I shouldn't be doing this, I'd kinda like to know about it.....:angel:

hemants
12-06-2001, 09:13 AM
The issue is dietary cholesterol.

1 in 5 people (according to one study) is sensitive to dietary cholesterol.

Thus, if you are one of those 5, you should have no more than 3 or 4 eggs a week.

If not then then you just need to make sure you have a high ratio of unsaturated to saturated fats and trans fatty acids in your diet.

Eggs have gotten a bad rap for many years and there have been many recent studies (mostly sponsored by the egg boards) to look into things more carefully.

In terms of unsat/sat ratio eggs are good fat but they are high in cholesterol (see above).:study:

Celestial
12-06-2001, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by hemants
The issue is dietary cholesterol.

1 in 5 people (according to one study) is sensitive to dietary cholesterol.

Thus, if you are one of those 5, you should have no more than 3 or 4 eggs a week.

If not then then you just need to make sure you have a high ratio of unsaturated to saturated fats and trans fatty acids in your diet.

Eggs have gotten a bad rap for many years and there have been many recent studies (mostly sponsored by the egg boards) to look into things more carefully.

In terms of unsat/sat ratio eggs are good fat but they are high in cholesterol (see above).:study: How do u find out if you are one of these people?

the doc
12-06-2001, 10:11 AM
get your cholesterol checked

ericg
12-06-2001, 10:13 AM
probably genetic.....do your parents have high cholesterol levels, what are their diets like??

IMO.....you can eat egg whites all day long (Sinep did when he was cutting for his show), they even sell 100% (nothing added at all!!) egg whites in a carton that you can buy at a grocery store. Just eat the yolks as necessary to hit your fat goals for that meal. If ya think there is a major problem...go get some blood work done, then ya will find out.

mickeys
12-08-2001, 11:32 PM
they have a lot of cholestrol, just make sure youre only eating the whites

Reinier
12-09-2001, 03:53 AM
is there any link between blood sugar levels and blood cholesterol levels?