PDA

View Full Version : Best cuts of T-Bone....

TBone4Eva
04-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Well, here I am. I'm getting back to weightlifting after laying off for about 8 months. Of course I've gotten fat, but I'll soon change that! I figured I'd keep a journal of my progress here to keep myself motivated :windup:. I'll be doing WBB #1 since the last time I did it I gained alot of strength and I plan to do so again.

I'm planning on improving my general fitness. Then I'll go on a cut later.

Primary Goals:
Increase strength
Increase LBM
Increase cardiovascular endurance

So, let's get this show on the road shall we.

Today - Sunday
Chest & Back

Chest
Barbell Bench Press - 8x155, 8x175
Incline Dumbbell Press - 8x50, 6x50
Assisted Dip Machine - 8x100, 8x100 (Note: lower numbers=progress)

Back
Pulldowns - 8x125, 8x137.5
Deadlifts - 8x185, 8x185
Cable Rows - 8x100, 8x100
Shrugs (Dumbbells) - 10x60

Notes: This first workout was damn hard after such a layoff. I'm really out of shape :(. Though, I am a bit surprised. I would have figured to have lost a lot of my previous strength, not like it was all the great to begin with, but I did 175 when my previous high was 185. I thought I was going to faint on the deadlifts. They took so much out of me. I know I"m really going to feel the DOMS in the next couple of days from them.

Pics will follow tomorrow :cry:. I'm exhausted and I don't feel like resizing them right now.

Patz
04-17-2005, 07:39 PM
looks good, tbone..

No offense, but I always wondered if you actually worked out, and now I know the answer! You've got plenty of starting strength. I've been at this since September, and I cant do 8 x 175. I'm sure it'll come back quick.

Best of luck..

TBone4Eva
04-17-2005, 08:47 PM
No offense taken mrelwooddowd. I'm in General Chat a lot so I can see where you would get that impression. Thanks for the support.

Another note: I've definitely lost alot of strength in my triceps and shoulders. My dips sucked so bad. I went from doing bodyweight with 35 lbs strapped on to having to use a assisted dip machine :mad:. Hopefully, I can regain that strength sooner rather than later.

KiwiBuilder
04-17-2005, 08:51 PM
It never occurred to me that you may not be working out. I just kind of assume that people who hang out here do so...

Anyhoooooo, welcome and good luck T.

Patz
04-17-2005, 09:46 PM
I wonder about all of the ones who have one of these two traits...

1. no journal
2. never stray from General Chat

we have quite a few of them, actually, as general chat is pretty good on WBB.

again, tbone, good luck..i'll check-in

Jabberwocky
04-20-2005, 05:46 PM
update fool

Patz
04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
nice, tbone..one session, and you quit already! :)