PDA

View Full Version : Involved question regarding "clean bulks"

Tappy T
04-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Hello all. I'm glad to be posting as this forum seems to be quite experienced. I have a question that i hadn't found a direct answer to in search, so hopefully you can help guide me.

When i was in High School (a few years ago) i was in great shape. naturally, im "ectomorphic" i believe is the word. i have a very thin waist and narrow shoulders, and never gained any body fat. When i was lifting for a few months, i saw increases in muslce mass with absolutely NO fat gain. At the time, i thought nothing of it. Now, however, i envy how i was so ignorant of my genetics.

Fast forward to the present. As most people tend to do, i gained a significant amount of fat after high school was up. In HS i weighed 145ish. After HS, i weigh(ed) in at about 185, all fat gains. I've been going to the gym lately and, while im definately a slow gainer, i've seen increases in lean mass, yet the fat tagged along with it. I've been on a strict diet for the past 4 months and found myself back to 145lbs, and look about as well as i did in high school, yet am leary about gaining all the fat back.

Here is my main question: is it possible, like in HS, to gain muscle mass with absolutley NO gains in bodyfat? I don't mind being patient and waiting a bit longer to see results. When answering, please take into consideration that i will both A) be doing very regular cardio-exercise and B) will be eating relatively healthy. Again, i don't mind slow gains so long as fat is not a part of the package. Sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading.

Tappy

Unholy
04-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Okay this is the deal, with any bulk comes fat even if its a Tad, Thats why most people cycle bulking and cutting, first you try to do a clean bulk, meaing put on as much mass with as little fat as possible then you alter your diet and routine a bit to cut the mass you just aquired and to get rid of any fat you got in the process. Hope this helps.

DarrenEff
04-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Tappy T, its possible but it'd be THE slowest bulk imaginable. It would probably be more in your interest to just bulk as clean as possible and cut afterwards.

Vido
04-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Tappy T, its possible but it'd be THE slowest bulk imaginable. It would probably be more in your interest to just bulk as clean as possible and cut afterwards.

:withstupi

AdmiralDan
04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
there was a thread about this a while back. i couldn't find it, but basically, it is a matter of opinion. some people believe that it is possible, others think that it is not. personally, i believe that it is possible, but it takes a lot of tweaking, and patience to get it right

Tappy T
04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the informitive responses. Looks like it'll be a bit frusturating...

thetopdog
04-19-2005, 03:36 AM
I think the guy who tried it was named Aka or something simliar. Here, I found his journal for you

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=29874&page=1&pp=25

Check that out

WILLGETNICE
04-19-2005, 07:00 AM
I think people can bulk and put on a very minimal amount of fat while doing so. It's just situational and depends on the individual. I've been trying to do a clean bulk myself and it's kind of ironic but I've been eating MORE fats than usual and have gotten leaner. Again this is probably just my genetics and I'm sure I will only be able to put on so much lean muscle before a gain of fat is necessary, but I wouldn't count out the fact that if you wanted to gain muscle while gaining little or no fat is very possible depending on your body type. Hope that helps just my opinion.