PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and loading....

Wild Cat McCane
04-18-2005, 07:45 PM
I looked these up, but it comes up with one million repsonces. can you guys quickly explain each to me?

Maybe apply it to my situation where I want to get big all around. Chest, arms, neck, and a lean stomach. I have no problem looking cut, if that's what it means....

waynis
04-18-2005, 08:15 PM
cutting is usually eating less calories while doing cardio because your trying to drop body fat.

Bulking is eating a lot of calories because your main goal is to gain muscle or weight. Your not soo much worried about gaining body fat.

DarrenEff
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Cutting IS eating below maitenance calories (along with cardio) in hopes to shed some fat from the body while maintaining as much muscle as possible. Usually resulting in losing a few pounds.

Bulking is eating above maitenance calories in hopes to add weight (preferably muscle) while trying to minimize fat gains. Usually resulting in adding a few pounds.

However you asked for loading, and in case you actually meant too, it's the phase where your intake of a supplement increase (ie: creatine)

JSully
04-19-2005, 12:12 AM
However you asked for loading, and in case you actually meant too, it's the phase where your intake of a supplement increase (ie: creatine)

Or he could have meant carbohydrate loading.

Typically when cutting calories you mainly cut your carbohydrate intake very low along with minimal fat and high protein. At least that's how I see results. Others can diet at very high calories, not needing a carb load. I carb load once a week, and try to keep it pretty clean. I take in between 500-800grams of carbohydrates which literally just "fills" me back up. Being on such low carbs for the week, and combining that with training and cardio, depeltes muscle glycogen. It needs to be refilled after so long or you'll switch over to a catabolic state and start burning muscle instead of fat. The carb load pulls your body out of starvation. If you decide to do a 2-3 day carb load, like the one in the UD2, you actually transition over to an anabolic state for a day or two, allowing you to build back any lost muscle in the previous week.

Shao-LiN
04-19-2005, 07:07 AM

That's one type of loading, there are a few others.