PDA

View Full Version : A timeline since the semi-beginning...

fishbrains
04-18-2005, 07:55 PM
START:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/jasonsupra/5aa840ee.jpg

A few months later:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/jasonsupra/beforen3.jpg

A few months later:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/jasonsupra/jason2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/jasonsupra/jason1.jpg

AS OF TODAY:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/jasonsupra/IMG_3071.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/jasonsupra/IMG_3072.jpg

fishbrains
04-18-2005, 07:56 PM
leave comments and suggestions... I just want to see if this is good progress (This is less than a years worth of work.

I have been trying to get pretty cut for the summer - then during the winter ill bulk up.

thanks

Unholy
04-18-2005, 08:07 PM
nice definite improvement in definition, Your face got really blurry in the last pick, Fitalago?

galileo
04-18-2005, 08:29 PM
The lighting changed from picture to picture making you seem like you got more defined, but I'm not convinced. From your stats, you've gained what - four pounds? At your current bodyfat levels I wouldn't worry about getting ripped; any more ripped and you'll look emaciated. I'd start a slow, clean bulk and get your weight up.

smalls
04-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I agree. I dont see the point in cutting, but everyone has their own goals and desires. You have made progress but IMO you should be eating more, lots more.

Bohizzle
04-18-2005, 11:09 PM
:withstupi x2

Andrew

Patz
04-18-2005, 11:20 PM
foshizzle

Gabrielle
04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
your bodyft isn't very high, you just appear to be a bit soft and lacking muscle maturity. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the rest that you will look emaciated if you lose more weight. It really does look like you have only gained less than 5 pounds of muscle. As a newbie to weight training you should have gained more. Post your training routine, and daily nutrition, so we as a board can help you. If you tweak your approach to bodybuilding you would be surprised, how much better your results could be

fishbrains
04-19-2005, 02:02 PM
your bodyft isn't very high, you just appear to be a bit soft and lacking muscle maturity. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the rest that you will look emaciated if you lose more weight. It really does look like you have only gained less than 5 pounds of muscle. As a newbie to weight training you should have gained more. Post your training routine, and daily nutrition, so we as a board can help you. If you tweak your approach to bodybuilding you would be surprised, how much better your results could be

what is everyone saying here?

That i am to skinny and don't have very much muscle mass for how lean i am becoming?

I dont have much of a daily diet, i eat whatever i want. And I still cant gain weight. I think i will soon go with a clean heavy bulk. but i am still a bit shaky on a diet.

My training routine is pretty much 4 days a week:

monday chest & back
tuesday Legs
wednesday Off \ cardio
thursday Shoulders tri's bi's
friday off \ cardio
saturday off
sunday off

P.S i still dont think this is enough, but if u guys could tell me a better routine for gaining mass.

pps. even if i bulk up i wanna do it slow enough where i can stay lean.

galileo
04-19-2005, 02:22 PM
The routine isn't nearly as important as how much you eat. The routine you have is probably fine. Keep your volume moderate and your reps between 5-8 and you won't have any problems.

The key is to get more calories. Eat as much as it takes to put on 0.5lb a week. If you're not gaining weight, add more calories. Simple as that.

gino
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
The routine isn't nearly as important as how much you eat. The routine you have is probably fine. Keep your volume moderate and your reps between 5-8 and you won't have any problems.

The key is to get more calories. Eat as much as it takes to put on 0.5lb a week. If you're not gaining weight, add more calories. Simple as that.

Yeah, what he said.

I dont have much of a daily diet, i eat whatever i want. And I still cant gain weight. I think i will soon go with a clean heavy bulk. .
Don't have a diet plan? You need to establish one then. Plan out your daily meals in advance and eat a lot more than you currently are.

Unholy
04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
www.fitday.com helps you track how many calories you eat, YOu should be getting atleast 3500 calories a day when your training and over 3000 when your not.

bill
04-19-2005, 04:34 PM
In agreement and I would throw out the cardio, unless its a sport or something you have to do. You can always add the cardio back if you find your belly swelling to much. More muscle will look better on the beach than, less muscle. Your bf is already fairly low.

dw06wu
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
People ALWAYS say "I eat whatever I want", and "I eat a lot of food". The point is, whatever you happen to think is a lot, is actually jack ****. I can tell from the pics. Track it on fitday and you might surprise yourself. At 155 you should be at least 3000cals a day for a bulk (This is actual food. McDonalds and stuff like that does not count. Protein supplements can help, but I do not think they are necessary at only 3000cals). More depending on your daily activities and cardio.

chris6969
04-20-2005, 10:48 AM
your routine sucks and you need to be eating 200 grams of protein/every day. With how skinny you are... I would eat everything I could. Don't worry about keeping it clean (unless you start putting too much fat on, but I doubt that will be a problem). But having some extra fat = extra food for growth too.

Here's a better routine:
Day 1: shoulder & triceps
Day 2: back & biceps
Day 3: off
Day 4: chest & triceps
Day 5: Legs & calves
Day 6: biceps
Day 7: off

low reps, high weight

Ex:
warm up weights, heaviest weight 4-6 reps, drop some weight do 6-8 reps, drop some weight do 8-10 reps
(3 sets of each exercise, 2-3 exercises per body part)

most supplements are bullsh1t, the only thing I have ever noticed really helping was creatine. (plain stuff is fine)

Focus on doing more weight, more reps... size & weight will come with the strength. (keep good form)

P.S. Progress takes time, I've measure my progress in years, not weeks or months. See attachment.

I need to add a new one, I've lost about another 10lbs while keeping almost all of my muscle and strength. (Very gradually losing weight with low fat diet.)

Nito
04-21-2005, 11:31 AM
How tall are you fishbrains?

fishbrains
04-21-2005, 04:06 PM
your routine sucks and you need to be eating 200 grams of protein/every day. With how skinny you are... I would eat everything I could. Don't worry about keeping it clean (unless you start putting too much fat on, but I doubt that will be a problem). But having some extra fat = extra food for growth too.
diet.)

thanks alot man (and everyone else)!! lot of info goin on there...

fishbrains
04-21-2005, 04:07 PM
How tall are you fishbrains?

~72 inches, so almost about 6 feet.

Nito
04-21-2005, 07:13 PM
How many inches are your arms?

fishbrains
04-22-2005, 05:46 PM
How many inches are your arms?

no idea.

fishbrains
04-22-2005, 05:53 PM
http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63568

there is a link to my diet.. I will add more proteins somehow. :)