PDA

View Full Version : A New Perspective on Endurance Training by Nathan Mosher - April 19th 2005

Joe Black
04-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Nathan offers a brand new perspective on endurance training.These routines may seem "different" when compared to whatís out there currently, but in many cases, different is what is needed!

You can find it here: http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=206

Discuss and Enjoy

Daniel

steve_scorpio
04-26-2005, 04:14 PM
My only concern with the weight training like this is the amount of fatigue/lactic acid build-up carrying over to my run workouts. It's very easy to overtrain like this as I've experienced in the past. But to be honest more of my weight training is closer to that of a bodybuilder at the moment.

So I'm going to incorporate some intensive and extensive weight training circuits into my routine to see how it goes. I could use a change in my routine like this.

Also, one criticism, the charts of the run workouts in the article look more suited to middle/long distance runners. The volume of the workouts seem quite high for most 400m runners.

cheers

steve

Adam
05-26-2005, 12:58 PM
An FYI.
Looks to be a typo in the chart under "Intensive Interval Method Guidelines" For the reps it says seconds

Anthony
05-26-2005, 01:05 PM
"Another important aspect of the intensive interval method is the regulation of repetitions. For this method we will not be concerned with numbers, but time. You will perform reps for 20-45 seconds, with 30-second sets being the average. You need to time yourself somehow, and a digital timer on your watch with a countdown function works best in this regard. Donít worry about the number or reps you complete, just keep repping until the time limit is up."

;)

Joe Black
05-27-2005, 01:04 AM
I am confused, are there typo's then?

Anthony
05-27-2005, 05:26 AM
No, Adam was confused. :p

Adam
05-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Bah!

I think we 'might' be talking about different area's. I mean the actual chart, the jpeg.
I understand what it means now though

Anthony
05-27-2005, 01:57 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/images/pers2.jpg

Under Reps it says 25-45 sec., 30 sec. is optimal. The paragraph right above this image explains that you are doing as many reps as you can within that time frame. :p

Adam
05-28-2005, 11:34 AM
bah humbug
lol

I just read the Full article last night.......and your right.......your still skinny though:p

Patz
05-29-2005, 06:13 PM
not a bad article..

steve_scorpio
06-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I think I'm the only skinny one here :)

I did a few sessions of the intensive method. I liked the type of workout and I think it will be a benefit to my running.

I have been out of the gym for the past 2 weeks after a consistent winter/spring of strength training. I will probably stay out for the next 6 while I focus more on running only. I'll do a few races this summer and get back into the consistent strength routine in the fall including these methods.