PDA

View Full Version : Cream Of Wheat

Fergy
02-23-2001, 09:54 AM
Hey all, I have been eating cream of wheat as part of my pre-workout meal. I have found it to digest easy and give me sustained "energy" anyone else found it to work for them? :cool:

Spiderman
02-24-2001, 07:28 PM
I never ate it intentionally as pre-workout, but I found that it tastes pretty good. How long before your workout are you eating it? I generally wait two hours after a meal to go lift, that way I don't get any stomach distress during the workout. This long will help to get the food into the body, so it'll be better used for energy. (in my opinion anyway)

Darcy Tucker
02-25-2001, 12:50 AM
Cream of wheat is a great complex carb according to Lee Labrada.

David
02-25-2001, 09:04 AM
yeah, i eat half a cup of it before working out, about 50carbs - i mix it with water, it tastes pretty nasty with milk.
Hows that deadlift coming along?

Frankster
02-25-2001, 01:41 PM
Any tricks to make it taste better? :(

Fergy
02-25-2001, 02:35 PM
Actually, I like the way it tastes naturally, but sometimes I add a packet of equal, sweetens it up good. :cool:

David
02-25-2001, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Frankster
Any tricks to make it taste better? :(

WTF?

Can you believe this guy?

Dude, you have tuna written all over your profile and everywhere...and you're asking how to make oatmeal taste better???

LOL

How do you make tuna taste better is what i wanna know.
LOL tuna master

Twiztid
02-25-2001, 10:29 PM
TripleP,

I was just about to type the same thing!

hahahahaha....

Frankster, you da man! :p

Twiztid

hemants
02-26-2001, 02:25 PM
Frankster,

Just add some Tuna :)

Frankster
02-26-2001, 03:12 PM
Haha, real funny. Im not the tuna Master by the way, im just his assistant (my job is too eat as much Tuna as possible) The Tuna Master is the cat below my name.
I don't have problem with oatmeal, but in my book cream of wheat is not oatmeal. In my book cream of wheat=YUK.

Tuna Rules!!!

Mr. America
02-26-2001, 05:06 PM
Another good product similar to cream of wheat is cream of rice. Also, try Lundberg brown rice cereal if you can find it. Plus, Lundberg hot n creamy rice cereal is excellent. Top quality products.

heathj
03-13-2001, 08:35 PM
I think they make cream of wheat stuff with toppings, such as strawberry and etc on it, I believe...at least they used too. Would you guys say cream of wheat is better then oatmeal? Or should I alternate oatmeal and cream of wheat? What is another good, quick thing to make that I could substitute for oatmeal? Something for morning(first) meal?

obxwes
03-13-2001, 09:31 PM
I would avoid the cream of wheat with the toppings because the toppings are likely full of sugar. As far as which is better, oats or wheat, I would probably go with oats for breakfast as it is slower digesting than the wheat and has more fiber, so it will provide sustained energy. But as long as the wheat and oats are the old fashioned, nothing added kind, they are both good choices. Other good choices for hot cereals are oat bran, whole wheat, and cracked wheat. I like my oats with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, a packet of splenda(calorie-free sweetener), and a dash of butter buds. You might also want to try mixing in a scoop of protein powder.

heathj
03-13-2001, 10:27 PM
Thanks.

RippedUp
03-14-2001, 05:17 AM
I add frozen strawberries and a scoop of whey to my plain oatmeal; delicious! (when you mix in the strawberries, they sort of melt in the oatmeal and gives it all the flavor)

Budiak
03-16-2001, 11:51 PM
YES! Protein Cream of Wheat!

From my experience, vanilla flavored protein is the best to mix with grains and cereals.
Protein oatmean (be sure to add extra water)
protein yogurt+ allbran
protein ANYTHING!!