PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding Year

ryan1117
04-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I was thinking yesterday how I should get back to lifting. Iím still the same height and weight as what I was when I stopped lifting around early May of last year. But, I knew for sure that was at the expense of some lean body mass due to not lifting. Anyway, I always took pride in what I accomplished regardless of if some people could really respect what I accomplished the previous years or not. I felt that I canít allow everything I worked so hard for in the previous years to keep falling apart. I need to rebuild the mess that the last year of not lifting has gotten me into. Hopefully I can recover fairly fast since I should get beginner gains once again along with the technique gains that I surely will get back from my sub-par weights in the first workouts back.

I guess I could compare this rebuilding to what Matt Painter will have with the Purdue Basketball Program this next year. Gene Keady had bad recruiting classes in his final years that drove the program into the ground. (with the special exception of Carl Landry who may end up being the best player since Brad Miller or maybe even Glenn Robinson) I have driven my strength and body composition down in the last year by not working out. Therefore, my rebuilding starts now. Speaking of rebuilding, Joe Tiller turned Purdue Football around from a sorry program to a good one in a single year, so why canít I do the same with my lifting?

I callipered at 12% bodyfat at 169 with the calipers today. Thatís pretty much unacceptable for me since Iíve been in the single digits pretty much my entire life. That would put me at around 148 pounds lean body mass which isnít too bad. I was around 154 pounds lean body mass at my peak of either 169@8.5% or 165@6.5%. Six pounds of lean body mass is a considerable amount but not an insurmountable amount. It makes me feel that my lifts will at least reach the same ballpark within a month or two, but it may take as much as a year of steady lifting to get back to where I was.

Iím going on a 2 day per week routine with chest and arms being on Wednesday and legs and back being on Saturday. Iím doing this to try to keep me from burning out. If I end up wanting more, Iíll probably add a 3rd day. Deadlifts are still out of the question though because Iím pretty sure my back got permanently injured from them.

ryan1117
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Wednesday, April 20, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =169
Bodyfat (calipers) 12% OUCH! was about 8.5% at this same weight a year back.

DB Bench (60/10)
As with everything on here, I went light due to expected balance issues due to not having done these for so long. Balance was sort of iffy on the first set, but seemed smoother on the 2nd set. Iíll probably have these back up to 75-80 in a few weeks once I get my coordination back.

DB Military (45/8)
Balance and fatigue played a roll here too. It wasnít too bad with the exception of the balance.

Tricep Extensions (70/5)
Itís the same story with these. Balance is always a tough one until Iíve been doing it for a few weeks.

Bicep Curls (70/7)
My biceps take the lead in the bicep/tricep battle. They have roughly the same lead as before but with crappier weights.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some dark brown hair in a ponytail. She had a nice face, but a dress code violation with some gray sweats. She wore a tank top which was nice, but could have bettered herself some with a bit more lean body mass.
2. This one had some wavy brown hair in a ponytail. She had nice lean body mass and nice legs. She had her sleeves rolled up with some short orange shorts. But, she used the abductor machine.
3. This one had some blonde hair in a ponytail. She had some tight, short, black shorts and a sports bra. She had nice proportions but was using the recumbent bike and getting such a good workout that she was reading a book during it. She then supplemented her recumbent bike by using the abductor machine.

The winner of the night goes to miss sports bra. Even though her workout sucked, the rest of her didnít.

Gym Mysteries:
1. There were curls in the squat rack. (did you really think this one would not be here)

Other Stuff:
1. Some guy was doing box squats. Itís not very often you see someone doing what looks to be an organized workout.

cphafner
04-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Yes the hot chick report is back, oh and so it Ryan! Welcome back dude.

Miss Rezza
04-20-2005, 09:46 PM
no sh*t!!

ryan's back!! :clap:

welcome back dude!!!

ryan1117
05-04-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm not gone or anything. My internet went down for 10 days most likely due to Verizon screwing something up. Anyway, I'm back and all my workouts during that time will be posted soon.

------------------------------------------------------
cphafner/Miss Rezza: Thanks, I'm happy to be back.

ryan1117
05-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Sunday April 24, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =168.5

Squats
I messed around with some various weights and my back was bothering me some again. Yeah, itís that same back problem that never went away from the deadlift injury a year and a half ago.

Pull Ups (Bodyweight/6.5)
I guess it could be a confidence builder, but thereís still no 45 pound weight dangling from me this time.

Leg Curls (90/10)
I canít remember what I did last on this same machine the last time I used it, but I just went with 90 and kept the form good. It felt somewhat easy but I compensated for it by slow and smooth reps.

Leg Extensions (140/10)
It was the same story here as with leg curls. I kept reps slow and smooth.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some straight brown hair in a ponytail. She had some nice proportions and some short blue shorts. She also had a decent face.
2. This one had some dark brown straight hair in a ponytail. She was tall and had nice lean body mass. However, I had to cite her for a dress code violation with some dark windsuit pants. She also ended up using the abductor machine.

The winner of the day goes to miss short blue shorts. It may have been a tie, but miss windsuit pants used the abductor machine.

Gym Mysteries:
1. The water pressure was really low and I almost had to stick my mouth on the fountain to get a drink between sets.
2. My weights suck even though Iím not necessarily going all out on most exercises to re-learn/perfect the form on them. But still, Iím definitely weaker even if I get big gains from technique in the next month.

Other Stuff:
1. We had snow today. It didnít stick to the ground, but I think this is the latest I have ever seen snow in my lifetime. I think the latest snow was maybe the first week in April before today.
2. Da Bears drafted Kyle Orton. I think he has NFL potential with his arm strength along with Jim Chaney no longer calling the plays, but will need a good offensive line to thrive due to how immobile he is. The good news is that he may have a shot to play early because Da Bears never seem to have decent QB play and he may get a shot.
3. God, the Pacers got massacred in Game1. I honestly felt they had the upper hand in the series despite being the lower seed. I still think they have a shot at the series if they get their act together, just Iím obviously not feeling quite as good about it. I was really proud they even made the playoffs despite David Stern.
4. Damn, the White Sox are up to 15-4. You can put it on the boooooaaaarrrrrrdddddÖ. YEEESSSSSSSSS! Actually though it is the very strong starting pitching rotation that has gotten them off to such a great start. I was all bummed out to see them lose Magglio Ordonez to the Tigers before the season, but they are getting it done without Frank Thomas at that too.
5. Despite how disappointing my lifts have been, (and yes I was expecting) Iím wanting to get back into the gym even more to get back to where I was. I may end up bumping my schedule to 3 days per week instead of 2, but I want to make absolutely sure that it wonít make me burn out. I have to remember though that I only lost 6 pounds of lean body mass. Even though that will take some time to get back, it tells more of the story that things arenít quite as bad as my lifts may indicate. It should foreshadow some new lifter gains soon.

ryan1117
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Wednesday, April 27, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =167

DB Bench (65/8.5)
I upped it to the 65s this week and still had balance issues. The weight itself did not seem that heavy. My 2nd set was back to the 60s, and I only had a half a rep drop off from last week on the 2nd set. Iíd say if I had the 60s on the first set, I would have been doing 12-13 reps.

DB Military (45/10)
These are up two reps and balance did seem to be better here than last week. Iíll probably see somewhat quick improvement here throughout the next month or so b/c this was a pretty easy 10 reps.

Tricep Extensions (75/5)
I would have kept this at 70 but I got a new bar and wasnít sure what it weighed. I ended up standing on a scale with it to find out it was 25 and not 20 like the other bars. Balance may still be an issue here b/c the first 4 reps were really smooth and then it was like I hit a brick wall on the 5th. Either way, itís the same number of reps with more weight than last week, so things are moving in the right direction.

Bicep Curls (75/7)
It was the same story here. 5 pounds more than last week and the same number of reps.

Shoulder Fly Machine (120/8)
I decided to add these to my workout b/c my medial delts were left out.

Hammer Curls (35/7)
This was an extra rep here from last week. It didnít seem that hard, but still miles away from where I was.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some short navy shorts and some straight blonde hair tied back. She had nice proportions.
2. This one had some light brown hair tied back. She had a dress code violation with some windusuit pants, but at least they were text on the butt windsuit pants. She had a nice face.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Short Navy Shorts.

Gym Mysteries:
1. Rodney Dangerfield was doing crunches.

Other Stuff:
1. I had about 4-day DOMS from my first workout on each day respectively last week.
2. I pretty much had improvement across the board today, but still not as much as I would have liked for a 2nd workout on the muscle group after a year off.

ryan1117
05-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Sunday, May 1, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =169

Squats (225/5)
Iíve been doing some stretching to regain some lost flexibility from over the year I didnít lift. I need to gain some flexibility back to make it easier on me going to parallel. Anyway, my flexibility seemed a little better and I could have done more reps most likely but I want to make sure everything seems good again on the lift before I really push myself instead of kind of pushing myself. I donít want to risk an injury or anything.

Pull Ups (BW/7)
The 7th rep was iffy but I counted it.

Leg Curls (90/12)
Hereís 2 more reps here but I was sort of just finding the right weight last week.

Leg Extensions (140/11)
Iím remembering how intense these are (possibly more intense than squats). Of course squats are more beneficial in my opinion.

Rowing Thingy (75/11)
Hereís one more rep here from last week.

Nautilus Ab Machine (170/12)
This may not be quite the drop off as some of the other exercises. I added this one to my routine b/c no abs were in my condensed 2-days-per-week routine.

Hot Chicks:
1. None; it was dead.

Gym Mysteries:
1. There was nothing really to report with 2-3 people total being there in the 1:10 or so I was there.

Other Stuff:
1. Önothing really to report

ryan1117
05-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Wednesday, May 4, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =168.5

DB Bench (60/13.5)
My balance seemed to improve here but still has some adapting to go. This didnít feel super heavy.

DB Military (45/11)
This was an extra rep over the previous week.

Tricep Extensions (75/6)
I used a 25 pound bar that seemed to be better, but the grip was everywhere but where I hold the bar. I think Iíll switch back to the 20 pound bar since at least the grip is where I hold it.

Bicep Curls (75/8)
This was an extra rep here from the week before.

Shoulder Fly Machine (120/10)
I have 2 more reps here, but the previous week was my first set on it in a long time.

Hammer Curls (35/9)
I had a 2 rep improvement here.

I forgot I didnít have this entered yet and I erased all my notes out of my notebook so nothing extra on this one.

ryan1117
05-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Monday, May 09, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =166.5

Squats (225/6)
My flexibility was a lot nicer today and I seem to be getting a lot more comfortable on squats. I easily had the 6 reps and probably could have gotten 1 or 2 more if I really wanted to push it, but Iíll just stick to maybe an extra rep per week.

Pull Ups (Bodyweight/7)
I used a different rack that just had a bunch of stuff in my way. Iím not doing it on this one again.

Leg Curls (100/8)
I upped the weight this week.

Leg Extensions (140/12)
These are super intense.

Rowing Machine (75/12)
This was an extra rep and it seemed fairly easy.

Nautilus Ab Machine (170/13)
This was another rep on this machine from the previous time.

Hot Chicks:
1. These were two ones that looked sort of like twins. I donít know if they were, but they looked very alike. The both had skin tight tank tops and light brown hair in a ponytail. They both had dress code violations with some windsuit pants.
2. This one had some light borwn hair tied back. She wore some short orange shorts and had some very nice lean body mass and great legs. She was jumping rope or something.

The winner of the day goes to miss jump rope. Her legs were awesome.

Gym Mysteries:
1. There were curls in the squat rack.

Dedicated
05-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Good to see you started another journal.

ryan1117
05-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Wednesday, May 11, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =169

DB Bench (65/10)
I upped things to the 65s here

DB Military (45/12)
This was an extra rep over the previous week.

Tricep Extensions (75/8)
These seem to be getting better.

Bicep Curls (75/9)
The biceps stay a rep ahead of the triceps.

Shoulder Fly Machine (120/11)
Hereís another rep improvement.

Hammer Curls (35/10)
These seem to be getting smoother

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some wavy hair tied back. She wore a tanktop cut off in the mid-section and was jumping rope.
2. This one had some straight light brown hair tied back with some black volleyball shorts.
3. This one was tall with some black hair in a ponytail. She wore some short red text on the butt shorts and had some nice lean body mass and a decent face.

The winner of the day goes to Miss text on the butt shorts. I liked her lean body mass.

Gym Mysteries:
1. None
----------------------------------
Dedicated: Thanks, my journal is slowly getting updated but I have been looking forward going to the gym even despite all my strength I have yet to regain.

ryan1117
05-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Tuesday May 17, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =167

Squats (225/7)
A loose collar was making this somewhat of a distraction with the plates making noise moving a bit, but the set was pretty solid. Iíll probably take these up another rep or so and then maybe just try to add 5 pounds per week and do the same number of reps. I probably could really push myself and try to push out a few more reps, but I canít stand high rep squat sets.

Pull Ups (Bodyweight/9)
Wow, I had 2 solid reps improvement here. Itís a good sign though b/c these were sluggish the first few weeks.

Leg Curls (100/9)
I upped the weight here this week.

Leg Extensions (140/12.5)
I only had a half rep improvement here, but leg extensions are such a drain.

Row Machine (75/14)
These jumped up by 2 reps so itís nice to see the pull ups were not a fluke.

Nautilus Ab Machine (170/15)
I had a 1 rep improvement here.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some short orange text on the butt shorts along with some light brown hair in a ponytail. She wore some skin tight tank top.
2. This one had some brown hair tied back and some short gray shorts. She was tan and had some nice lean body mass.
3. This one had some black hair tied back and was tall. She wore some short pink text on the butt shorts and some nice lean body mass.
4. This one had some dark brown wavy hair tied back. She was pretty tall and wore some short black volleyball shorts. She was very lean and was short on lean body mass though and was doing abs. She could be a good model for Safe Auto Insurance commercials which the motto goes, ďMinimum coverage for minimum budgetsĒ.

Iíll give the winner of the day to Miss Volleyball Shorts b/c I sort of forget the other ones since Iím late on this update.

Gym Mysteries:
1. None

cphafner
05-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Ryan nice workouts, I hate high rep squats also.

METALASIAN
05-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Haha your journal rocks man. Hot chicks section kicks ass, not to mention some kickass sessions

ryan1117
05-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Tuesday, May 19, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =169

DB Bench (65/14)
Daayyyyymmmm, this is a 4 rep improvement here. It was mostly due to all around better balance, but still.

DB Military (45/13)
I was looking for a DB Bench-like improvement here, but only got 1 more rep.

Tricep Extensions (75/9)
I had an extra rep here.

Bicep Curls (75/10)
My biceps are stronger by a rep again over tricep extensions.

Shoulder Fly Machine (120/14)
This was a 3 rep improvement.

Hammer Curls (35/11)
Iíll probably up these to the 40s next week.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some black wavy hair tied back and wore a skin tight gray tank top.and some short light blue shorts. She had some nice lean body mass in the legs.
2. This one had some straight red shoulder length hair. She had some short dark pink shorts, was tan, and had some nice lean body mass.

The winner of the day goes to Miss skin tight tank top.

Gym Mysteries:
1. None

ryan1117
06-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Tuesday May 24, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =167

Squats (250/5)
I upped the weight to 250 here to reduce the reps.

Pull Ups (Bodyweight/9.5)
Iím still stuck here.

Leg Curls (100/10)
1 rep improvement

Leg Extensions (140/13)
These are ever so slightly better.

Row Machine (80/12)

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some blonde, wavy hair tied back. She wore a skin tight gray tank top and wore

Gym Mysteries:
1. None

ryan1117
06-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Friday, May26, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =168

DB Bench (70/10)
I upped the weight here this week; it did not seem that heavy, just the balance was the difficult part.

DB Military (45/14)
I added an extra rep here this wek.

Tricep Extensions (75/11)
This was a 2-rep improvement from the previous week.

Bicep Curls (75/11)
My bicep curls are now equal with my tricep extensions again.

Shoulder Fly Machine (125/7)*
The * is that this is a new machine so I canít really directly compare my numbers from the old machine.

Hammer Curls (40/5)
I probably need a good 15 reps on the 35s before I up it to the 40s. Itís just too big of a jump with the lower weights.

Hot Chicks:
1. None, it is dead on a Friday.

Gym Mysteries:
1. None

ryan1117
06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Tuesday May 31, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =166.5

Squats (250/5)
I was getting a little to over-protective about aggravating my back on this so there probably was a bit too much forward lean.

Pull Ups (Bodyweight/9.5)
Progress has been sort of slow on these lately. It may be because I really only have 2 back exercises in my busy 2-day per week schedule.

Leg Curls (100/11)*
An * goes here because this is a new machine.

Leg Extensions (140/12)*
It is the same story here with a new machine.

Row Machine (80/13)
Despite pull ups kind of stalling, this is going up nicely.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some short blue shorts and nice leanness and lean body mass. She was tan and had wavy brown hair in a ponytail.
2. This one was tall, lean and had some wavy black hair tied back. She wore some short, tight black volleyball shorts.
3. This one had some straight light brown hair. She had a dress code violation with some sweat pants. She was lean, but lacked the lean body mass.

Iíll give the winner of the day to Miss Short Blue Shorts. She had a nice balance of lean body mass and leanness along with a nice face.

Gym Mysteries:
1. None

ryan1117
06-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Thursday, June 2, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =166

DB Bench (70/12)
I had 2 reps improvement here.

DB Military (45/15)
It will be up to the 50s next week on this.

Tricep Extensions (75/12)
I added an extra rep here.

Bicep Curls (75/12)
It was the same story here as with the tricep extensions.

Shoulder Fly Machine (125/8)
This is a slight improvement over the last week on the new machine.

Hammer Curls (35/12)
I brought this back down to the 35s this week due to the dropoff the 40s were. I want a higher rep range than what I had there. This was a rep more from 2 weeks ago with the 35s.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some straight blonde hair and some short black shorts. She had nice leanness and smiled at me when I entered. But, she works there and she was probably just doing her job.
2. This one had some straight brown hair tied back. She had nice leanness and nice lean body mass. She was wearing a sleeveless shirt but had a dress code violation with knee lengthed shorts. She had a nice place and had that soccer player build.
3. This one had some light brown hair tied back. She wore some short light blue shorts and had nice leanness and proportions.

The winner goes to Miss short light blue shorts. I give her a 9.5.

Gym Mysteries:
1. Someone was doing DB curls right in front of the rack blocking anyone from getting DBs during the duration of the lift.

ryan1117
06-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Thursday, June 09, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =165

Squats (240/7)
I made a mistake and grabbed some 5s thinking they were 10s. Therefore, the super easy 7 reps I thought was 250, was really 240. I probably could have gotten 8 or maybe even 9, but stopped thinking I had improvement over the previous week thinking it was 250.

Pull Ups (Bodyweight/11)
I finally broke out of the rut I was in on these. In all fairness, the unusually low 165 bodyweight probably had a lot to do with it, but it is still nice to have improvement.

Leg Curls (100/13)
This was 2 more reps on the new machine.

Leg Extensions (150/12)
For the 2nd time in the same day, I picked the wrong weight. I didnít see the side add-on 10 point weight was there so I did 10 pounds extra for the same number of reps.

Row Machine (85/10.5)

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some brown hair tied back and was tan with nice leanness and proportions. She wore some light blue shorts.

She wins today by default.

Gym Mysteries:
1. Someone was doing an intense set of leg extensions while talking on the cell phone.
2. There were curls in the squat rack by a guy wearing a belt probably to support his back bend while doing them.

ryan1117
06-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Wednesday, June 15, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =168.5

DB Bench (70/13)
This set seemed to be smoother than past sets. Itís probably because my balance is getting better.

DB Military (50/10)
I upped things to the 50s and got 10 reps. I was wishing for 11 or 12.

Tricep Extensions (75/12.5)
As with many tricep extensions, the first 10 or so reps were really easy, and it was like I hit a brick wall around 12 or so.

Bicep Curls (75/12.5)
This was an intense set.

Shoulder Fly Machine (125/9)
I added an extra rep over the previous session.

Hammer Curls (35/13)
High rep hammer curls are a pain b/c it is like doing 26 reps since I alternate arms.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some long dark brown hair in a ponytail. She wore short white shorts and had a maroon shirt and was tan. She had nice leanness and legs, but used the abductor machine.
2. This one had some straight blonde hair in a ponytail and had a skin tight tank top. She wore some short black shorts and had nice leanness.
3. This one had some straight blonde hair in a ponytail. She looked like the one above only with short white shorts.
4. This one had some blonde hair tied back. She wore some short black shorts and had nice legs.
5. This one looked a lot like the one above, but was taller and had a slight bit more lean body mass. She wore a ďSurrender the bootyĒ shirt.

The winner of the day will be a tie between the 2 sets of twins. So, itís a 4-way tie between all of them.

clvmike19
06-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey man nice to see you again! Back into teh lifting. Always liked your sports analysis, especially college football. And the hot chicks are back! l33t!

Dedicated
06-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Dedicated: Thanks, my journal is slowly getting updated but I have been looking forward going to the gym even despite all my strength I have yet to regain.
Yea I know the feeling, I lost alot of strength too. I love the "hot chicks" section of your journal.

You are still way stronger than me heh. What bf% are you at now? I remember you used to be pretty lean. Your very strong for your bw.

ryan1117
06-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Tuesday, June 21, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =167.5

Squats (250/6)
I did the weight I intended to use this week instead of last week where I grabbed a couple 5s instead of 10s. My form still isnít quite perfect it seems on this. Iíd say I probably had a bit too much forward lean.

Pull Ups (BW+5/10)
I finally am back to adding weight on these, and had a solid 10 reps.

Leg Curls (100/14)
These are pretty easy on the new machine, but Iím still going up slowly and surely.

Leg Extensions (150/12)
These were on a different machine b/c I didnít feel like waiting for the other machine. It was a different machine, but same weight.

Row Machine (90/10)
I dumped the 85 for 90 so I could just easily load up 2 45s.

Abs (145/10)
This ab machine was a new one. It took a few weeks for it to come, but now abs are back in my routine. It seems to work the abs well, but I donít like how it seems to slingshot you up when coming up. I donít like how it makes noise then even when you are trying to control the upward motion.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some blonde hair tied back. She wore some short black shorts and had nice lean body mass.
2. This one had some straight light brown hair tied back. She wore some short white shorts and had a mild tan. She had a decent face and nice lean body mass.

The winner of the day goes to Miss short white shorts. I give her an 8.5.

Gym Mysteries:

clvmike: I might bring back my prediction stuff for college football this year, but then again I canít even make my journal posts on time half the time. I've noticed your Indians were on a huge winning streak a few days back. Maybe they might join the race with the Twins to catch my team. Of course I'd like to see that 9 1/2 game lead jump to 12 or 13 and become potentially insurmountable.

Dedicated: I think Iím around 10% or so right now. My body composition seems to be improving proportionate to my lifts so I figure Iíll worry about my lifts and hopefully my body composition will work itself out to where it was.

KevinStarke
06-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Lookin good man nice squats, and congrats to miss short white shorts hah

clvmike19
06-24-2005, 02:02 PM
The Sox are having a miracle year. I cant stand it, but congrats to your team. My only hope is to catch the Twinkies (I think we can) and win the Wild Card. That also means beating out Boston (who just swept out sorry asses). Its only mid June, we'll see how the end of August looks.

ryan1117
07-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Tuesday, June 28, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =167.5

DB Bench (70/13.5)
This set seemed harder than previous ones. I guess I just had some balance issues and had to waste energy regaining the lost balance on a few reps. Either way, itís a half rep improvement over the last one.

DB Military (50/11)
Ö1 rep improvement over last time

Tricep Extensions (75/13)
Iím moving these up slowly but surely.

Bicep Curls (75/13)
These hold even with tricep extensions for another week.

Shoulder Fly Machine (125/8.5)
For some reason, I lost a half a rep over the previous time. It may have just been fatigue.

Hammer Curls (35/14)
These donít seem too bad, but they are really long.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some short wavy brown hair tied back and some short white shorts. She had nice proportions and decent lean body mass. She was actually doing some real exercises too.
2. This one had some blonde hair tied back. She wore some light purple shorts. She was tall and had nice proportions.

The winner of the day will go to Miss Real Exercises. Itís nice to see someone doing stuff other than abs and the abductor machine.

Gym Mysteries:
1. There were curls in the squat rack
2. For some reason, country music was playing.

-------------------
KevinStarke: Thanks
clvmike: The media seems to already be giving the Sox the AL Central which I find funny because up until about late June they were like, "they won't keep this up". Of course I feel very good about an 11 game lead, but not saying they have the division locked up just yet. I just don't want to see the Yankees squeak in to the playoffs and then win it all. Mostly because they probably would be the favorite regardless of regular season records.

ryan1117
07-16-2005, 12:26 AM
July 5, 2005(Legs/Back)

Weight =168.5

Squats (250/6.5)
I had 7 reps, but the last may have been slightly short of parallel, so Iíll count it as Ĺ of one.

Pull Ups (BW+5/10.5)
Pull ups are all of a sudden progressing again after sort of stalling.

Leg Curls (105/10)
I upped the weight on the slightly new machine.

Leg Extensions (150/12.5)
These are always intense and I think I only did 1 set on here because I was very fatigued and felt a bit nauseous.

Row Machine (90/11)
I guess the big question on this will be if I want really slow and smooth reps or go for more explosive pull motions and lift more weight. Iím not totally sure if either method is wrong as long as you keep your back flat. Either way, Iíll probably do the slower reps b/c the more explosive ones make some noise.

Abs (145/11)
This new ab machine is a little different, but I think I get in good workouts off of it.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some brown hair tied back. She wore some short black shorts and was tan with nice lean body mass.
2. This one had some light brown hair in a ponytail. She wore a camouflage shirt and wore some short gray text on the butt shorts. She had nice leanness but low lean body mass.
3. This one had some blond hair in a ponytail. She wore some short black shorts and had nice lean body mass and leanness. She was tan and wore a spaghetti string tank top.
4. This one had some blonde highlighted hair in a ponytail. She wore some short brown shorts and had nice lean body mass but used the abductor machine.
5. This one had some wavy light brown hair tied back. She was short, tan and had nice lean body mass. She wore some short gray shorts and was tan.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Spaghetti string tank top. She gets a 9.

Gym Mysteries:

ryan1117
07-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Tuesday, July 12, 2005(Chest/Arms)

Weight =Forgot to take

DB Bench (70/14)
This was a rather smooth set other than me wasting a bit of effort on lost balance on a few reps. I may up this to the 75s next week because Iím not so sure I like the really high reps here. 10-12 is probably a better range.

DB Military (50/11)
I couldnít get improvement here over my last time.

Tricep Extensions (75/14)
These seem to be going really smooth. The first 13 reps felt like nothing.

Bicep Curls (75/13.5)
I had a bit too much momentum on the 14th rep.

Shoulder Fly Machine (125/9.5)
I made up for my lost strength of the last session by improving on the session from the time before last.

Hammer Curls (35/15)
I would think about upping this to the 40s, but I may want to wait until 18-20 reps because that is a big jump for such low weights.

Hot Chicks:
1. This one had some short wavy brown hair tied back and some short blue shorts. She had nice proportions, face and decent lean body mass.
2. This one had some dark brown straight hair in a ponytail. She had a dress code violation with some black windsuit pants. She had a very good face with decent proportions, but used the abductor machine.
3. This one had some brown hair in a ponytail. She wore a spandex skintight tank top. She had some short navy shorts, but used the abductor machine.
4. This one had some straight light brown hair in a ponytail. She was lean, but lacked some lean body mass. She was wearing just a sports bra, but covered up with a shirt. I was very concerned because she may need proper ventilation with how hot it gets in the gym sometimes.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Spandex Tank Top. I give her an 8.5.

Gym Mysteries:
1. There were curls in the squat rack