PDA

View Full Version : Low Carbs...I want to cut.

Structureboi86
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
hey guys,

I was just wondering about the food you guys eat during dinner time when you're trying to cut. For me, I always cook a huge plate of rice, with a good portion of beef, chicken, or salmon with vegetables. I drink about two cups of milk w/ a muli-vitamin. For me, I think my problem is that I'm not getting any leaner (body fat wise) because i'm not following a good "diet" plan. Actually, I've never tried a diet plan so that's the reason why. I normally just eat whatever I feel like eating.

Basically, I was just wondering what type of meals you cook? For me, I'm an asian guy that loves rice and eat it everyday..and I just don't know what else to substitute it with or replace it with in order to fufill my appetite. I just wanted some suggestions on what to eat.

Thanks in advance.

Structureboi86

ReelBigFish
04-20-2005, 09:49 PM
I would lose the rice and have some oats. You get fuller from a smaller portion of oats compared to the same size portion of rice. I'm from the south and we eat a lot of rice but i stopped cuase it didnt fill me up. But bro you're gunna have to post your whole diet to get some better answers, along with age, height, weight and bodyfat.

Structureboi86
04-21-2005, 12:28 AM
How would you cook the oats instead of rice? I don't think I have ever heard about anyone eating oats for dinner...could you tell me how to cook oats?

The things is is that I don't have a diet. But I'll post what I normally eat.

Stats..

5'8 @ 155lbs, 18 Years Old. Not sure about BF% but pretty sure atleast under 10%.

Breakfast, sometimes I eat, sometimes I don't. If i do, its..

3 scrambled eggs w/ milk
strawberries

Lunch

Ham or Turkey sandwhich w/ ketchup and mustard (i know..i'm a college student lol)
Banana
Milk or Juice

Dinner

Salad (sometimes)
Rice
Vegetables (Bok Choy or frozen vegetables like carrots,peas, broccoli, etc...)
4 choices: Ground beef or salmon fillet or diced chicken or 2 chicken breasts
Milk w/ mulitivitamin.

Built
04-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Please go to www.fitday.com and enter your foods so we can see the p, c, f grams and calories.

ReelBigFish
04-21-2005, 06:24 AM
Bro if you're under 10% why are you cutting, IMO you need to bulk. Take advantage of your age and natural test levels to build muscle. Oh, and what you eat is your "Diet", diet is your food you eat, not diet as in the terms of losing weight.

dissipate
04-21-2005, 07:09 AM
hey structure, i'm asian too and i like my rice and noodles, but i limit the quantities i eat. for dinner i usually eat brown rice with stirfry veg and lean meat. noodles are off-limits till my off day, since i can only find the ones made with white flour, or egg noodles in supermarkets.

the rest of the day i eat oats or weet bix for carbs; oats are very filling. the oats i eat are rolled oats and i pour some into a bowl, add water and microwave for 1.5 minutes, and eat.

the amount of food you're eating looks really little actually, even though you're cutting. if you use fitday like built said, we'd be better able to advise you.

Beast
04-21-2005, 10:59 AM
If you're under 10% and want to get lower, you need a more restricted diet. Cut out the carbs of your last meal. Just eat a LOT of salad and non-starchy vegetables. It will work.

Structureboi86
04-22-2005, 07:53 PM
hey guys..sorry for the late reply but I tried to use fitday and everytime I chose a product that I had eaten, it never came out compatible with what I was actually eating (nutrition-wise). For that reason, I chose not to try it at all because it would have given you guys the wrong set of information...

But, try your best in observing what I ate yesterday. This is sometimes how I eat (most of the time).

Breakfast...

Oats w/ milk
Banana

Lunch...

Ham Sandwhich w/ italian dressing
Orange Juice
Triscuits (like 10 pieces)

Snack...

Peanut Butter Power Bar
Some white ordinary crackers

Dinner

1 cup of white rice
2 Adell's sausages (chili picante style)
Bowl of salad
Bok Choy w/ garlic

Snack...

1 cup of apple sauce

NOTE...

As all of you guys have said, I have cut down on the carbs that I was eating in my dinner meal. Instead of 2 cups of rice, I started eating 1 cup. I added more veggies (bok choy) into my meal and I am starting to eat more snacks within the open time periods to kinda give me the filled but not fully filled type of appetite.

I know this is not a good representation of all the nutrients involved in my daily meal but I hope this give more of a better in-depth description.

A lot of you guys are saying that I should try to get bigger or bulk up more. But, I feel as though I'm not able to gain all that much anymore. If genes play a role in this, I know i'm not gonna get that much farther. My dad was pretty strong but he was not all that big. As of now, I'm just trying to cut to get more definition on my body and build up more endurance. All while trying to stay as healthy as possible (ex. low blood pressure and etc.).

Thanks,

Structureboi86

Shark
04-22-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm going to just change your diet around for you a bit here to give you an idea of what you should be doing. This is not exact, more of an estimate:

Breakfast:
Scrambled Egg Whites (5)
Oats w/ skim milk

Snack:
Protein Shake - Skim Milk

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich - Wheet Bread
Orange Juice

Snack:
Natural Peanut Butter and Oats Bar

Dinner
1 cup of Brown rice
Bowl of salad
Bok Choy w/ garlic

Snack:
1 Cup Cottage Cheese

That should get you on your way.

-Chris

IZich
04-23-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm going to just change your diet around for you a bit here to give you an idea of what you should be doing. This is not exact, more of an estimate:

Breakfast:
Scrambled Egg Whites (5)
Oats w/ skim milk

Snack:
Protein Shake - Skim Milk

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich - Wheet Bread
Orange Juice

Snack:
Natural Peanut Butter and Oats Bar

Dinner
1 cup of Brown rice
Bowl of salad
Bok Choy w/ garlic

Snack:
1 Cup Cottage Cheese

That should get you on your way.

-Chris
looks good to me. may want to put a little more protein into your diet, however. Maybe instead of the sausages, some broiled chicken breast or baked fish?

Beast
04-24-2005, 03:32 PM
This is what I would use:

Breakfast...

1 cup of Oats
Egg whites or a protein shake

Lunch...

Ham Sandwhich on whole wheat bread
Large salad with oil/vinegar dressing

Snack...

Protein shake with some fruit

Dinner

Chicken breast or fish
Large salad
Bok Choy w/ garlic

Snack...

Protein shake

It is important for you to have 2 cheat meals during the week when following this type of strict diet. Indulge in whatever you like to eat for 2 meals out of the week.