PDA

View Full Version : Pre workout protien shake

Vitalize
04-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Just a quickie...I eat complex carbs and a protien meal (usually oatmeal, a banana, a small brown rice ball, and some tuna) 1 hour before my workout.
At the moment I am also drinking my protein shake with this meal, and I get to the gym about 45mins to an hour after.
Now my question is this...Is it more beneficial to drink the shake closer to my workout (i.e 5 mins before) or is the 45 min gap ok?
Am I still going to reap the same benefits?
Is drinking it so close to my workout going to give me cramps?
Also is my pre-workout meal ok? Im bulking, and would like some feedback on whether its a good choice or not?

Shao-LiN
04-20-2005, 11:03 PM
It's fine.

memo7flex
04-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey bro, if you can, you should drink your protein shake immediately after your workout, thats when your muscles will eat it up. Make sure to include some carbs in the protein shake for insulin release, to improve protein synthesis!!

Vitalize
04-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey bro, if you can, you should drink your protein shake immediately after your workout, thats when your muscles will eat it up. Make sure to include some carbs in the protein shake for insulin release, to improve protein synthesis!!
I do this as well :thumbup: and one more before I go to bed.

Shao-LiN
04-21-2005, 07:27 AM

I'm assuming that he also drinks a post workout shake. He's just inquiring if his pre-workout protocol is fine.