PDA

View Full Version : Is Westside the only Powerlifting routine?

fixationdarknes
04-20-2005, 10:45 PM
I see so many people doing Westside, so I just wondered if there are powerlifters who DON'T do Westside.

bIgHwN86
04-21-2005, 12:14 AM
lots of powerlifters don't use the westside method...it is just that westside and its methods are beginning to appeal to the lifting masses....not too mention when all the advocates of westside also are ranked in the top 10 in their weight classes......

one powerlifter i know that doesn't use westside is greg payne who is an animal for his weightclass at i think 240.....and i believe Ed Coan doesn't use westside and zydrunas savickas who is a strongman now, did not use westside as welll....i think that is all i can name off the top of my head...and i guarantee there are many more on this site that don't use westside....

westside right now is a new training fad passing thru the powerlifting theme.....but this fad works...so that is why people are jumping on it

fixationdarknes
04-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the info. I might try Westside some day. :)

neartaigh
04-21-2005, 09:38 AM
There are other gyms that promote different methods.

Ie, see www.nazbar.com. Theor specialty is bench pressing. Some very impressive stuff going on there.

PowerManDL
04-21-2005, 10:51 AM
www.deepsquatter.com

Sensei
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
No, there are many other 'routines'. Most champions, past and present, have not or do not use Westside. "Traditional" linear periodization has produced most of the world's greatest powerlifters. That may change as WS becomes more and more popular, but that's the way it is now.

Here are some other routines: http://www.weighttrainersunited.com/routines.html

EllusiveDream
04-22-2005, 05:10 PM
not to be stupid or anything but what is westside?

I have heard of it but have not heard anything on it.

Thanks
Dustin

Darracq
04-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Didnt work to good for me. I do a joeaverage powerlifting routien, nerver made better gains.

Isaac Wilkins
04-23-2005, 08:53 AM
not to be stupid or anything but what is westside?

I have heard of it but have not heard anything on it.

Thanks
Dustin

Westside powerlifting is a style of powerlifting blending Eastern and Western training theory made popular and led by Louie Simmons from the Westside Barbell club in Columbus, OH. They produce some of the world's best powerlifters.

Adam wrote a good intro article about it:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=46