PDA

View Full Version : pork & normal pasta

eddie500
04-21-2005, 01:03 PM
In what a body builder eats they don't list pork in the protein chart, any reason for that? Over here in Europe thats all they have is pork.

What about regular pasta, they only list whey pasta. Is regular pasta OK?

getfit
04-21-2005, 01:08 PM
In what a body builder eats they don't list pork in the protein chart, any reason for that? Over here in Europe thats all they have is pork.

are you sure pork is all you get in europe?

eddie500
04-21-2005, 02:17 PM
why is pork not good?

Pork is the cheapest here, by far. Pork runs the European market while beef runs the american market.

So is pork good or bad?

Big Bas
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
you can go to www.food-stats.com and search for your variation of pork. you can compare it to other forms of protein (chicken, beef, etc) and determine if they are close enough, calorie wise. if they are different, does the cost offset the difference

eddie500
04-21-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm not even sure what type of pork it is =(.

Can't really translate the foreign language.

But the pork I eat is a lot like chicken.

getfit
04-21-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm not even sure what type of pork it is =(.

Can't really translate the foreign language.

But the pork I eat is a lot like chicken.
i'm curious to know how pork would taste like chicken? does it look like chicken or tastes like chicken?

Manveet
04-21-2005, 03:05 PM
pork is fine, although it is definately not the leanest cut of meat. However, if you can incorporate it into your diet (in terms of overall calories and macros) then there is no problem in eating it. That pretty much goes for almost every food.

Vitalize
04-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Whereabout in Europe are you?
I came from England and I thought chicken was head and shoulders above pork in quantities being consumed by the average Joe?
And what type of pork do you mean......pork-pork, minced pork, bacon, sausages etc... let us know.

shansen008
04-21-2005, 04:01 PM
pork has the least protein and the most fat of all the meats.....which is probably why its not in the sticky.

Khar
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
i'm curious to know how pork would taste like chicken? does it look like chicken or tastes like chicken?

I think he means in how fatty it is.

I eat pork all the time. I get packages of 97% fat free pork chops at the grocery store. A good cut of beef with similar macro breakdown is going to cost a good bit more than the pork.

PowerManDL
04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Regular pasta just might kill you, if it's not on the list.

getfit
04-21-2005, 05:01 PM
powerman you do have a way with words you crack me up! :D

neartaigh
04-21-2005, 05:01 PM

Pork is the other white meat. So it must be ok.

I`ve never heard of whey pasta. Does it curdle in lemon sauce?

PowerManDL
04-21-2005, 05:02 PM
powerman you do have a way with words you crack me up! :D

I have a way with women, too. It's on account of me being dead-sexy.

Nito
04-21-2005, 05:03 PM

Every thread I go to I see your sarcastic posts. Can I ask why you keep doing this?

getfit
04-21-2005, 05:04 PM
I have a way with women, too. It's on account of me being dead-sexy.
:whip: ;)

neartaigh
04-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Every thread I go to I see your sarcastic posts. Can I ask why you keep doing this?

It`s his calling. Don`t get in the way of a man realizing his potential.

PowerManDL
04-21-2005, 05:06 PM

I only reply sarcastically to threads made by people that don't ****ing think.

Sorry, I like to do a little bit more than hold somebody's hand as they walk to the playground.

Nito
04-21-2005, 05:11 PM

Sorry, I like to do a little bit more than hold somebody's hand as they walk to the playground.

Heh, I see.

ryuage
04-21-2005, 05:15 PM

im glad someone sees it the same way :) but then again that is 99.99% of the threads... its like the only useful thing to do on here now a days...

Isaac Wilkins
04-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Oh, I agree. I bite my e-tongue a bit because of my mod status, but I hate these dumb**** questions that have been popping up here constantly for the past couple of months.

Search and read the stickies, people. After that, use your head.

Vitalize
04-21-2005, 07:40 PM

im glad someone sees it the same way :) but then again that is 99.99% of the threads... its like the only useful thing to do on here now a days...

Then why bother?
I'm sure a lot of people just want quick answer rather than sift through 1000's of back post's.
After all isnt that the point, to some extent of having a forum.
If all everyone can say is to look at old threads, then this forum would be a pretty quiet place to say the least, as all of the questions would have already been answered.
We are (were) all new to this game at some point.
I agree that some of the questions are a bit silly, but to say that 99.9% of the threads is comparable to walking a child around the playground, is a bit harsh, dont you think.
Not meaning to flame here just a point.
:soapbox:

Shao-LiN
04-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh, I agree. I bite my e-tongue a bit because of my mod status, but I hate these dumb**** questions that have been popping up here constantly for the past couple of months.

Search and read the stickies, people. After that, use your head.

You can't be serious. How dare you ask us to think for ourselves!

But anyway, seriously, there is no universal law stating that you can only eat what is listed in that thread. If it fits into your diet, have at it. Pork is generally much fattier because, hey, it comes from a pig. There are many cuts of pork out there that remove much of the fat, so if you like it and you feel it is more convenient for you, enjoy.

And I don't know what whey pasta is....I think you mean whole wheat pasta, in which case, it is recommended because it is a whole wheat product, which tend to be more nutritionally sound than other processed grain products out there.

Isaac Wilkins
04-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Certainly. I hope you weren't thinking I was telling him to only eat what's in that sticky. I eat all kinds of things not in there, I just know what they do or don't do for me. That's where the (very little) research and using your head comes in.

Actually, I think he means whey pasta. I could be wrong, but I think some of the low carb companies have produced some pastas in which they substitute some of the wheat flour for whey or soy. I have no idea on the specifics of the product, as most of those culinary adventures are awful to say the least. If I'm going to eat pasta, I'm going to enjoy it (normal or whole wheat).

Maki Riddington
04-22-2005, 07:20 PM

Here's a better idea. Bite your tongue. As a result (posts like yours), I end up wasting my time having to go edit the post or move the entire thread.

There are more efficient ways of what you're trying to do.

Shao-LiN
04-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Certainly. I hope you weren't thinking I was telling him to only eat what's in that sticky. I eat all kinds of things not in there, I just know what they do or don't do for me. That's where the (very little) research and using your head comes in.

Actually, I think he means whey pasta. I could be wrong, but I think some of the low carb companies have produced some pastas in which they substitute some of the wheat flour for whey or soy. I have no idea on the specifics of the product, as most of those culinary adventures are awful to say the least. If I'm going to eat pasta, I'm going to enjoy it (normal or whole wheat).

I only quoted your post for the first response (as a joke)...the rest of my post was directed towards the original poster.

dissipate
04-24-2005, 07:34 AM
eddie: i avoid pork as much as i can (unless i succumb to roast pork buns). over here in asia we have pork, chicken, beef.. and although they sell lean pork in the supermarket, it still looks and tastes very fatty.