PDA

View Full Version : What body fat % am i?

Sin
04-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi,
I dont have a caliper device to measure my bodyfat percentage and i'm not familiar with the appearances of various different bf% levels so i was hoping if you guys could help me out.
My pics are below, i was told that i'm around 12%- i really want my lower abs to appear so what bodyfat % must i be for that to be possible?
Anyways, here are my pics, please feel free to post any comments/suggestions/feedback.
Thnx.

Front:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/lulubox/CIMG0699.jpg

Back:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/lulubox/CIMG0704.jpg

lemme konw if any of u need more pics for judgement.

Unholy
04-21-2005, 08:14 PM
You need to build some muscle, and stop worrying about lowering your BF%

pinky8713
04-21-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm not the greatest at guessing bodyfat so i'll let someone else tell ya, but i agree with holywar.

If i were you i'd bulk up :) and not worry about getting any skinnier.

Dreamscape
04-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Uhm, sorry to burst your bubble, but i think you're more than 12%. I'd say somewhere around 14-15%. But that's just a guess. Why don't you just go buy something to check your BFP?

Sin
04-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Thnx guys,
why do all of u say i need to bulk up? i wont c abs unless i brg down the body fat anywayz. I'm more concerned at this point of being lean where i can see some sharp defined abs and shoulders rather than HUGE.

mihorne
04-21-2005, 10:16 PM
you, you need to bulk up for sure homie. you're not going to see any SHARP definition without some LARGe muscles, unless you want to look malnourished.

One thing I have learned is that you need to forget about the abs until you have the rest of the package, such as monstrous legs, huge back, etc. etc. After you get BIG, then you worry about the abs.

When you are skinny (I am too) being lean should not be your primary concern. At least not on these boards.

So post in the diet forum and get a nice routine. GEt BIG.

Gabrielle
04-21-2005, 11:17 PM
looking at the size of your waist, your abs underneath are probably flat, so you need to weight train your abs, plus the rest of your body. Worry about gaining a foundation of muscle for now, then carve out the features later on. You are probably 12-15%

pinky8713
04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
The reason why it's not the greatest idea to cut down to a six pack now is because you don't really have a six pack. lol

By the looks of it, your six pack is going to be very flat and very weak.

You might as well get bigger overall and bulk up, then you can cut down when you're bigger, and then you'll look twice as good.

Just my .02

Built
04-21-2005, 11:29 PM
A flat pack.

LOL!

Pinky, clear your PMs.

Rastaman
04-22-2005, 01:57 AM
Right now you're in the skinny-fat zone, where you have a little bit of fat but no muscle. I'd guess you're around 15% BF. Instead of dieting you should clean bulk. You'll probably lose fat AND build muscle for the first few months since you're a newbie.

Wierz
04-22-2005, 06:16 AM
:withstupi

Beast
04-22-2005, 07:56 AM
I'd say around 13%. Like the others have suggested, start focusing on gaining muscle. Makes it easier to tell your bodyfat. ;)

ElPietro
04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Do you work out?

spanky33
04-22-2005, 10:04 AM
i'm with dreamscape. 13-15%

mle_ii
04-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah, like most said. Bulk up, at your age any muscle mass you can add will end up lowering your bf% both by adding lean mass and that lean mass burning your fat. Don't worry about the bf % yet.

gino
04-22-2005, 11:33 AM
you, you need to bulk up for sure homie. you're not going to see any SHARP definition without some LARGe muscles, unless you want to look malnourished.

Yeah, I agree. Build muscle, then lose fat.

My guess on your bf% is >15%.

Sin
04-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Okay thnx,
i have a diet plan (based on cutting tho) @ around 1500-1800 cals a day and a workout plan ... also based on cutting which i will post up soon.

Do i reallly look thaaat small and weak? I mean i konw you guys are influenced into the BIG look but although i dont want to be HUGE HUGE i want to be lean muscular.

lol anyways, so u guys think if i build more muscle the fat will drop automatically?

Unholy
04-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Key word lean MUSCULAR if you cut from where you are you will look lean malnurished.

mle_ii
04-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Sin read my response to IronCurtain here. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63059 and crunch the numbers for yourself. Put on the muscle now, you won't regret it. You'll come back and thank us for sure.

stallion
04-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Okay thnx,
i have a diet plan (based on cutting tho) @ around 1500-1800 cals a day and a workout plan ... also based on cutting which i will post up soon.

Do i reallly look thaaat small and weak? I mean i konw you guys are influenced into the BIG look but although i dont want to be HUGE HUGE i want to be lean muscular.

lol anyways, so u guys think if i build more muscle the fat will drop automatically?

Dude....no matter how much you lower your cals and work out, you will not have the six pack you're looking for because you simply dont have the muscle in your midsection. Abs are abdominal MUSCLES...so if you don't have muscles, then what are you trying to define?

I agree with the general consensus that you need to get ALL your muscles bigger and THEN worry about abs. Some people might be genetically gifted to the point where they don't work out anything, do crunches every once in awhile, and have decent definition in their midsection.

Not to be an *******, but I don't think you're one of them.

With that being said...EAT!!! Look around here for bulking ideas. I strongly recommend your going in this direction. Whatever path you choose--good luck.

Patz
04-22-2005, 03:24 PM
the whole time i was reading this, i thought this was the same "sin" that's been posting on here for years..lol. i thought, surely he KNOWS this stuff, and I had seen some of his lifts in his journal, and they weren't bad.

i agree with everyone else. you can get the shoulders and abs you desire, without the BIG look that WE desire, in a fw short months. right now, yo don't have them under there.

pinky8713
04-22-2005, 03:25 PM
That's what i was trying to say.

Even if you do cut, i don't think you're going to have the six pack that you want.

So therefore, there's not much reason to cut, so bulk.

pinky8713
04-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Oh, and i'd say 13%. Just because i'm 15% and you're leaner than me.

BloodNPoetry
04-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Shiet...your bigger than i was when i first started weightlifting. Not only was i skinny. I was BONE skinny. No fat. For about 2 years i did nothing but bulk. And to tell you the truth i never gained much fat at all. The muscle you will grow will take over your body and stretch you out. I put on about 50lbs of muscle before i started loosing some defenition. Just eat like a starving child and lift for mass.

Sin
04-22-2005, 09:12 PM
alright, since EVERY SINGLE ONE of you strongly suggest me to bulk up, i'm gonna beef up my weight training. What i had in mind was to Really Boost my workouts but keep the cardio going and eat low cals but lots of protein. This way, i would build some noobie muscle (enough to start off), lose the fat so i look more defined and lean, and therefore wont look so small. lol.
okay so i will be posting my workout diet plan along with my journal soon.
I appreciate everyone helping me out here, thnx guys.

smalls
04-22-2005, 10:11 PM
alright, since EVERY SINGLE ONE of you strongly suggest me to bulk up, i'm gonna beef up my weight training. What i had in mind was to Really Boost my workouts but keep the cardio going and eat low cals but lots of protein. This way, i would build some noobie muscle (enough to start off), lose the fat so i look more defined and lean, and therefore wont look so small. lol.

How long have you been lifting weights? Some noobs will be able to do what your describing, but I personally think this is a good way to get nowhere or, at best, make very very very slow gains. I consider myself to have a very similar structure and probably similar genetics to you. I was insanely skinny when I started but still not lean at all, quite a bit skinnier than you and not any leaner, thus your already doing better than I was. I have never been able to put on muscle simply by eating lots of protein and keeping calories low, even as a noob I HAD to bulk, meaning overeat. Most people, especially people like us have the ability to put on any muscle unless they are eating more than their body needs, plain and simple.

I say try a lifting routine like WBB #1,2 or something like HST and eat. . lots for a long time. Then using the same routine or a variation thereof start dropping calories and adding in more cardio. JMO. I know we all have different goals, I just personally think this is a better way of attaining yours than trying to do both at once, and I've been there bro.

IZich
04-23-2005, 12:29 AM
hey: i advise (diet-wise) a much higher caloric intake than 1500-1800 cals a day.. if your case is bulking, then please get in at least +500 on your maint cals. :)

-TIM-
04-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Right now you're in the skinny-fat zone...
Clever :D

Progress
04-28-2005, 04:56 PM

Screw low calorie diet. You need to eat and eat alot, believe me, there will be fat, but plenty of muscle will accompany it as long as you hit the iron hard.

GL

fixationdarknes
04-28-2005, 06:10 PM

You can't bulk with a low calorie diet. And I agree that if you cut you won't really see much except your bones and organs. Keep in mind that if you gain muscle, you're essentially lowering your BF% because you'll have more % of muscle.

So...if you want sweet abs, it'll take a while, so start bulking now.