PDA

View Full Version : my bones are small..

Girn
04-23-2005, 02:32 AM
looking at my forearm bones compared to other ppl there much smaller.. its cuz im skinny and I dont drink much milk cuz im lactose intolerent.. tho sometimes I drink milk cuz I really dont give a ****.. but anyways, i want to make my bones bigger.. i bought calcium pills.. 500 of them in a pack.. 500mg each one.. how many should i take a day? and how long till i see my bones to a bigger size? 2 years?

pinky8713
04-23-2005, 02:50 AM
I dunno man, but i have pretty skinny bones too.

My wrists are really freakin' skinny.

I didn't know you could actually make them bigger though.../shrug

But i do know i drink sh*tloads of milk lol.

YungLifter
04-23-2005, 05:32 AM
just build up the muscles in your forearms. Im naturally really skinny and my arms were like that but if you work them out they'll get bigger. How old are you? They get bigger as you get older to you might be to young and still growing.

Isaac Wilkins
04-23-2005, 06:19 AM
How old are you? If you're pretty close to your adult development then you probably won't see any huge amount of bone growth.

Calcium is important, but the only way (assuming you're an adult or close to it) to see much of any thickness in bone structure is the way you train. The skeletal system will respond to very heavy loading by making thicker and denser bone. Your bone density will improve, but I don't think you'll see an enormous difference in actual bone measurements. Someone with a naturally small frame will pretty much always have that small frame.

DarrenEff
04-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Yeah I was going to say how I got screwed. I've been drinking a 1L+ of milk a day since I was like 8 (now 21) and my wrists are skinny =P

But since I started bulking a few months back, theyve increased quite a bit in size. I can barely touch my forefinger to my thumb when I wrap them around it.

HahnB
04-23-2005, 07:28 AM
I have the same problem, it has its advantages and disadvantages. I hate having small wrists, but it does make your arms look bigger. People that are 6'4 160lbs have bigger wrists than me but there isn't much you can do about it but work on your forearms.

spencerjrus
04-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah I was going to say how I got screwed. I've been drinking a 1L+ of milk a day since I was like 8 (now 21) and my wrists are skinny =P

But since I started bulking a few months back, theyve increased quite a bit in size. I can barely touch my forefinger to my thumb when I wrap them around it.

Thats really weird, I've put on 25lbs since February and my wrists seems identical. Would you say that you can see the size increase just by looking at them?

GMCtrk
04-23-2005, 04:57 PM
having small bones is a good thing in bodybuilding. Just look at flex

Girn
04-23-2005, 05:01 PM
my fingers are godamn long and skinny too!!! GRRRR

DarrenEff
04-23-2005, 05:10 PM
spencerjrus: not personally no, because I see them every single day. But people have commented they have grown, including my girlfriend whom I see once or twice a month

fixationdarknes
04-23-2005, 08:36 PM
my fingers are godamn long and skinny too!!! GRRRR

Hm...maybe you should play guitar or something. Make use of those long fingers. Why do you not want long fingers? I wish I had long fingers man. :)

Btw, back to the original subject, Borris is right that loads of weight stressing your bones will only make your bones thicker and stronger. And can't you drink that orange juice that has calcium in it or something? I don't think you really need calcium pills unless it's really a problem for you.

Girn
04-24-2005, 12:52 PM
ya but long and skinny.. hell no