PDA

View Full Version : Indecisive Intentions

spencerjrus
04-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey all, I've decided to start a journal to better track my diet and training. A little background, I started bulking back in February and Im up about 30 lbs since then from 140-170, I'm trying hard to finish my bulk before I go to europe the 3rd week of june, so you might see some intense gorging, I'm currently at 4500 calories a day, trying to get dedicated and maintain a solid 5k+ of clean calories and 1.5x my BW in protein. Hopefully Il get around to taking some decent pics with my digi so you can see my progress.

spencerjrus
04-23-2005, 09:13 PM
todays workout (sposed to be legs and back but I had been out of the gym a little too long with my wrist injury so I did a little chest work as well.)

Seated Leg Press 4x6 @ 225

ATF Squats 4x6 @ 100

Lat Pulldown 4x5 @ 115

DL's 4x5 @ 95

BB Bench 4x4 @ 100

Bent Over Dumbell Row 4x6 @ 40

Tomorrow is a rest day and then on Monday I will continue my normal routine w/ Monday: Chest
Wed:Arms/Shoulders
Fri:Legs/Back

fixationdarknes
04-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Congrats on making a journal man. I've just recently made one also, and it keep me motivated.

Dood you're bulking way to fast me thinks. You're currently gaining weight at about 3 lbs a week? That's hella fast...and it seems like a lot of that weight would be fat? What BF% are you at now and what BF% were you at when you started bulking? Btw, most people aim to gain about a pound a week (any more than that and you are at risk of putting on excess fat).
But if I am wrong and you aren't putting on excess fat somehow, then dayum you must look so awesome right now.

Nice session. Why do you do leg press before ATF Squats? And you didn't go too heavy on the bench, since you're gonna hit it again in 2 days right?

Once again, congrats, and good luck with your goals. May the Force be with you (sorry it sounded a bit cheesy).

spencerjrus
04-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Congrats on making a journal man. I've just recently made one also, and it keep me motivated.

Dood you're bulking way to fast me thinks. You're currently gaining weight at about 3 lbs a week? That's hella fast...and it seems like a lot of that weight would be fat? What BF% are you at now and what BF% were you at when you started bulking? Btw, most people aim to gain about a pound a week (any more than that and you are at risk of putting on excess fat).
But if I am wrong and you aren't putting on excess fat somehow, then dayum you must look so awesome right now.

Nice session. Why do you do leg press before ATF Squats? And you didn't go too heavy on the bench, since you're gonna hit it again in 2 days right?

Once again, congrats, and good luck with your goals. May the Force be with you (sorry it sounded a bit cheesy).

Thanks for the comments. Yes I would suppose I have bulked pretty fast but I was damn skinny to start with. I really didnt check my bf % before I started bulking but from looking at old pics I would say I was prolly 5-6%, and Im prolly 8% now, Im gonna try and finish my bulk around 12%, maybe lower if I start some cardio. And Im sorry to say but I really dont look all that awesome @ 170, maybe in another 20 lbs. :)

Sometimes I will do leg press for a warmup before squats if im feeling kind of tight, I dont go very heavy so Im not really tired when I do the ATF squats.

IZich
04-24-2005, 12:47 AM
nice to hear you started a journal, spence. hope it keeps you motivated! btw, fixation, are you from norcal?! you say "hella" like i do, lol.

spencerjrus
04-24-2005, 05:33 AM
nice to hear you started a journal, spence. hope it keeps you motivated! btw, fixation, are you from norcal?! you say "hella" like i do, lol.

haha i say hella a lot too and people totally make fun of me for it lol. ppl in san diego hate norcal.

fixationdarknes
04-24-2005, 11:01 AM
lol no I'm from Cali. I think I just picked up "hella" from all the online internet games. And spencer if you're already really low BF% to begin with I guess it's okay to be bulking really quickly but make sure to just not go over the edge.

Good luck.

spencerjrus
04-25-2005, 11:14 PM
todays workout was okay, still a little sore from sunday.

BB Bench 4x3

Seated Pec Flys 5x5

Arnold Press 5x5

DB Shrugs 5x6

DB Standing Calf Raises 5x5

diet has been crappy the past few days cause I have been partying this weekend, friday I missed like 40g of protein and 1000 calories cause I had to go out early and couldnt eat my last meal.