PDA

View Full Version : Difference?

LightningandIce
04-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Can anybody tell me, what is the difference between wheat and multi-grain breads? I've been searching the internet all day but all I've found were recipes. Could somebody tell me what is healthier and give me the nutrition facts, or at least tell me where to find it? Thanks in advance.

thajeepster
04-24-2005, 10:42 AM
alot of multigrain breads list enriched flour as a main ingredient... it doesnt always mean 100% whole grain, just the fact that they dumped a whole ****load of extra grains in with the crappy enriched bleached flour they used in the first place... theres no difference really, just check the ingredients... stay away from high fructose corn syrup, anything enriched or bleached, and partieally hydrogenated oils... And as far as bread goes, it should always be fiber>sugar ... Most all breads are gonna have around 100-120cals and 15-20g carbs per serving...

thajeepster
04-24-2005, 10:47 AM
btw, if your looking for a good bread, and you have a local organic foods store around... id definitely recommend these breads, they are extremeley low gi, highly "UN-processed" and are also complete proteins by themselves... give em a try, i think safeway even carries them nowadays.
http://www.foodforlife.com/index.asp

Beast
04-25-2005, 11:49 AM
I agree with jeepster... organic is the way to go with bread if you are concerned about it.