PDA

View Full Version : Westside without a spotter

JustinASU
04-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm just now getting into Westside thanks to another member of the board. I have a problem though. As temporary as it may be I workout at a gym with 1 squat rack, no power racks, no boxes for box squats, and more importantly, no spotter. Is is possible to still successfully persue a Westside based program under these conditions? I wouldn't exactly want to go through a ME Bench day without a spotter or a power rack. Perhaps I should just wait on the Westside routine until I have a spotter back and switch gyms(which hopefully will be in the near future). All the same I'm fed up with bodybuilding based routines and I've realized that strength is truely what I am after. Any suggestions can help.

bIgHwN86
04-25-2005, 11:15 AM
i say hold off on the westside until you are at a better gym...because westside training progresses much better with a spotter than on your own...

Sensei
04-25-2005, 03:24 PM
You can do any kind of training you want without a training partner or power rack, but I wouldn't suggest it!

If you have ANY options at all, try to find one that includes either a training partner or rack...