PDA

View Full Version : Diet Critique please

geoffgc
12-03-2001, 03:18 PM
After the help I received from my last thread, I'm ready to begin putting together a diet plan to compliment my current gym/work schedule. It's still preliminary, and I need to calc out the protein, carbs., calories, etc that I end up with, but I figured I'd go ahead and pass it by y'all to get some initial feedback.

5 am - wake up

5:15 am - 1 serving steel cut oatmeal with blueberries, a touch of 1% milk, ground flax seeds, and 1 scoop of protein powder.

6 - 7:30 - workout at gym

7:30 - protein powder with water

10:00 - 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese and a banana

12:00 - 1 can tuna with 1 tbsp lite mayo and 2 slices whole wheat bread - spinach or brocolli

3:00 - 1 cup non-fat yogurt with berries

6:00 - 8-12 oz of meat (beef/chicken/salmon) - broccoli or spinach with chickpeas

9:00 - go to bed

I'm not sure if there's something I can eat/take after my 6 pm dinner before I go to bed that would help me throughout the night and for my morning workout. Perhaps what I've listed is enough. Bad news is I work 8-5 and have very little time when I get home, which is why I choose to workout in the morning. Good news is that my office has a frig and microwave, which lets me store and heat up food quite readily.

Again, my goal is first to shed about 15 pounds while toning and strengthening, and then once I have my body fat low enough to help my ego, start really focusing on building up my muscles and lean mass.

What y'all think?

Orange357
12-03-2001, 06:05 PM
You need about double the carbs as protein after working out also looks low on protein

the doc
12-04-2001, 05:51 AM
i think you look ok as far as protein

If you want you can add some oats to your post workout shake, but it is not necessary given your goals

Prelude
12-04-2001, 07:48 AM
I would put all carbs before noon, like the banana can go after your workout (with the protein). If you get hungry eat more veggies.

If you want something before bed, you can have a slow digesting protein like casein or micellar casein.