PDA

View Full Version : Monster Muscle

Paul Stagg
04-25-2005, 03:15 PM
The only bi monthly magazine in the world shipping quarterly?

Or are they just not on the ball.

I've gotten the October/Nov issue (shipped on oct 15), the Dec/Jan Issue (shipped on 1/20/05). That's 2 magazines in 6 months, for anyone counting. The Feb/March issue hasn't been sent yet.

I want to support anyone promoting powerlifting, but I wouldn't suggest anyone subscribing until they get their act together.

Sensei
04-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Sad. I think the last issue is the one w. Andy Fiedler on the cover(?).

I stopped my subscription to PLUSA because I had so many late and missed issues. Don't get me wrong, I love the magazine but it was irritating.

Paul Stagg
04-25-2005, 03:31 PM
The last one had Paul Childress on the cover, I got it in january.

I checked on another board, and the 'feb/march' issue may now be out, I just don't have it yet.

chris mason
04-25-2005, 04:46 PM
When Sean left them I broke ties.

TheMachine
04-25-2005, 09:43 PM
When Sean left them I broke ties.

It was really classless how they aired all their grievances against him publicly. They posted it all over the pl'ing forums. Very lame. I'll take the freebie magazines they give out at meets but I'd never subscribe.

Paul Stagg
04-26-2005, 07:51 AM
I never saw what went on with Sean and them. From what I can tell, it's just a Wes and Judy pretty much putting the whole thing together. It also seems there have been a lot of ties broken - I don't know why Wes and Jake Jones split, either.

BTW, I just got the issue yesterday... so the Feb/March issue was rec'd on April 25.

justhrowit
04-26-2005, 10:00 AM
I subscribed to this magazine a while back...probably a year ago and NEVE GOT AN ISSUE! They sent me an e-mail with an order number and never got anything else. They never billed me either. I called them and asked what gives....they had no idea of the order. I just cancelled it!

J

Toughguy25
04-29-2005, 07:32 AM
I got mine a few days ago. It has Capt. Kirk on the cover squatting 800+ RAW!!! It also has a good interview with Gene Rychlak. I do wish they put a mag out every month....maybe someday.

Paul Stagg
04-29-2005, 09:09 AM
They used to.

chris mason
04-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Well, they must still be going because they just flew Phil Harrington out to Washington and did an interview with him. They have also done a website for him (not complete yet but you can see the home page) www.squatzilla.com .

Adam
04-30-2005, 07:35 AM
When it was powermag i had a year subscription.....got 2 issues and they changed names, they were supposed to send me the new mag since the old one didn't exist anymore, they didn't. I called many times over a 2 month period and they kept promising they'd send but they never did.
Then i just gave up and only speak pourly of there magazine now.
Content is good, customer service ****in sucks