PDA

View Full Version : Dieting - weight gaining

-=HaRdGAINA=-
04-25-2005, 10:16 PM
i (as my name says) am a hardgainer, it is extremely difficult for me to gain weight. Over the last 3 months iv beenign trying really hard to eat and eat and eat...and eat. i have only gained about 8-10lbs. So your probably wondering wat im complaining about if im gaining weight. well lately i havent been. iv stayed the same weight for about 4 weeks nows and its really getting annoying.

is there any food or diet plan you guys can suggest for me thats a favourably high/dense in calories and protien that will help me on my path to gaining weight. i have been working out a lot, i have alot of cuts but im skinny, so any input would be great, thanks.

Btw im looking to have around 3000+ calories per day without any supplement drinks. No supplements at all

Built
04-25-2005, 10:21 PM
You mean, in addition to MRPs, or do you mean you're avoiding them?

Have you learned about the ways of natural peanut butter, son?

Max-Mex
04-25-2005, 10:31 PM
I would suggest calorie dense foods or foods that get digested very quickly. Do not be afraid of carbs if you are bulking. Great way to get loads of cals. As Built mentioned, PB or any nut butter. Any nuts for that matter. Olive oil is great for bulking. Can you list a typical day of foods you eat so we can get an idea of what 3k+ cals entail?

ReelBigFish
04-26-2005, 07:28 AM
Yeah post up your whole diet and we can help ya add stuff.

-=HaRdGAINA=-
04-26-2005, 05:57 PM
ok my diet today consisted of,

Breakfast
1 tall milk shake ( 2 cups milk, 1 banana) ( usually cereal but today i didnt feel good) ( when i do have cereal i dont have the shake)

Lunch
3 eggs scrambled with a bagel /w strawberry jam, 500ml of milk

Snack
Fruit bowl ---> 3 strawberries, 1 banana, half a grape fruit

dinner
12 or 13 meat balls (12 oz of ground beef)
half a potatoe

Snack
milk- 500ml
PB and J sandwhich on a bagle
(approx 2 tble spoons of PB)

thats pretty much what i eat on a consistant basis, im really not sure how many calories im getting from all that. but i dont eat tuna or any canned fish for that matter. Il try to have pasta with olive oil more. but other than that im pretty sure its not equivalent to 3k+ calories.

so yea, please help me add to this list so i can change up what im eating a little bit,

PS. Max, you and I have the same birthdate :cool:

ryuage
04-26-2005, 06:00 PM
not a hardgainer more like a hard eater.... you want to gain weight, simply eat more food, double your portions.... whatever floats your boat its not brain science.

raniali
04-26-2005, 07:02 PM
you most definitely need to be consuming fat in greater quantities than you are. fat is soo sooso sososoososos important and it frustrates me that so many people shun it in their diets, esp when they want to gaiN!!!!!

but more importantly - you need to eat more food.