PDA

View Full Version : dilemma with bulking: getting gut, but don't want to cut

ReturnedFire
04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
lol that rhymes. ok i've been eating a lot, working out hard, trying to bulk up, been going good so far, making decent progress, and i feel my progress will start picking up more.

the thing is, gut is getting significant, pant sizes up like 3, from 31-ish to 34-ish, love handles: prominent. it's really not THAT bad, wish i could post pics, but it's bothering me to a certain degree.

i don't do any cardio at the moment, work out twice a week, full body for 45minutes-1hour. eat mostly "clean", nothing ridiculous. eggs, tuna, bread, rice, pasta, etc.

now i tried "cutting" for one day, and it sucked, felt like i would lose a lot of mass, don't have that much currently. so i just need some ideas to minimize the guttage. should i start doing cardio? crunches? :D

thanks. . . :lurk:

Shao-LiN
04-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Either accept that you will be gaining fat, or cut. Crunches won't do anything, you can't do bicep curls and all of a sudden stop gaining fat in your arms. Your abs may get bigger, thus easier to see at higher bodyfat percentages, but that's with weight training, and you would still need to cut at this point in order to reveal them again.

spencerjrus
04-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Ya its not easy to deal with having a big stomach while bulking, especially when you're really not all that ripped to begin with, its just part of the process though, nobody said it was easy. In fact its a pride swallowing siege of humiliation day in and day out.

ReelBigFish
04-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Just start doing 30 mins of cardio a few times a week.

AdmiralDan
04-26-2005, 06:47 AM
you can start doing some cardio or reduce your calories a little so that you are still eating enough to gain a little muscle each week, but less weight. your bulk will take longer, but you will put on less fat