PDA

View Full Version : College diet

Juicy Jeff
04-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey everyone,
I realize that im supposed to eat several times in a day to boost my metabolism, but unfortunately because im in college rite now, i have to live by a meal plan that only lets me eat twice a day. Ive tried to improve on the healtyness of the food (i.e. a chicken wrap instead of a burger, or a no mayo sandwhich instead of a burrtio) but as ive read on many threads, eating only twice a day puts your body in "starvation mode." Any suggestions?

- Juicy

HILL
04-26-2005, 02:05 PM
pack food in containers such as pasta and chicken or rice and chicken u can eat on the go if u have to sandwhiches in ure bag just munch on them while in class tell ure teachers ure diabetic or sumthing and need to eat every so often its easy acomplished if u prepare ure food before hand in my opinion anyway

MM
04-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Change your meal plan, if your school allows it. If it doesn't -- take the advice above. I "stock up" on food by ordering multiple wraps, taking food in containers, etc.

heathj
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
I would just steal food from the cafeteria and save it for later. Make like 3 pb sandwiches, a food apples, etc. supplement the rest with protein shakes, bars, etc....

AdmiralDan
04-26-2005, 02:41 PM
if you can have a microwave, oatmeal and tuna makes a fine meal. throw in some peanut butter and you'll have a good meal

emjlr3
04-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I survive by stealing food fro mteh d hall, ive gotten my college diet down to a science, its actually not that bad when you really looke at it...but really the only lean protein i can count on from the d hall is egg whites, veggie burgers and occasionally roasted chicken

Unholy
04-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Thief, I visit my friend up at SUNY morrisville, A backpack and tuperware are you best friends :)

AKraut
04-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Steal what you can. Also, water, a shaker, and protein powder are essentials in your room. Oatmeal, lunchmeat, yogurt, milk, fruits, natty pb, cocheese, and bread can all be kept with nothing more than a mini-fridge. Drop your mealplan down to the minimum and start buying more groceries.

spencerjrus
04-27-2005, 10:35 AM
tuna is gonna be your best friend in college.

Shao-LiN
04-27-2005, 06:59 PM
I stole food from the commons all the time. It was my secret to gaining 20 pounds of fat my freshman year =).