PDA

View Full Version : Series of questions, *Prize inside*

Shouji
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey, I have a series of questions, all I would appreciate if answered.

1) I rescently bought some GNC ProCrunch Protein Bars. They have about 250 calories each, and 16grams of protein. Are these good as nutrition?
2) I've been having really bad gas problems lately, is this normal? If so, what's the gas coming from.
3) How big of a role does Vitamins play in bulking?

Thanks, and here's the prize. :ninja:

wrestlemaniac
04-27-2005, 02:33 PM
1) They're good for nutrition if they meet your nutritional needs. Everyones needs are different really. For bulking you probably want more than 16 grams of protien but they'd make a nice snack.

2) Well, bad gas isn't normal. I'd guess it's from something you ate. Whats your diet like?

3) Vitamins keep your body running correctly. They don't necessarily play a huge role in bulking but you're better with them than without them. Certain vitamins (like... one of the Bs, can't remember which one) help build muscle. Vitamin D is supposidly a 'legal steroid' don't ask me why it's called that though.

Kr4x
04-27-2005, 02:57 PM
B12 is for muscles

Kr4x
04-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Are you taking multi-viatamins? I get bad gas from them and often runs to the washroom!

Built
04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
16 g of protein has about 64 calories.

What are the rest coming from?

I stay away from bars, personally. Usually, they're just sh!tty-tasting candy bars with a little extra protein, and I eat over 200g of protein a day. I'd need way more than a bar for a meal.

My .02

Canadian Crippler
04-27-2005, 05:11 PM
No sticker?

Asylum
04-27-2005, 05:38 PM
1. They are a source of protein, right? Plus, you've spent the money on the, get your money worth.

2. The gas may be from vitamins or from consuming lots of legumes. More than likely the gas is coming from your intestines.....

3. Vitamins are good but you can still bulk without them IMHO.

wrestlemaniac
04-27-2005, 05:48 PM
heh, are you lactose intolerant? maybe theres milk in these chocolate bars. Seriously though, it's pretty much impossible for someone on the internet to tell you why you have gas (atleast based on the information you've provided).

Asylum
04-27-2005, 05:53 PM
heh, are you lactose intolerant? maybe theres milk in these chocolate bars. Seriously though, it's pretty much impossible for someone on the internet to tell you why you have gas (atleast based on the information you've provided).

Could you bottle up a fart and send it to everyone for their sniff exam? Maybe that could tell us more.....

Seriously though, I read once about a doctor who swore he could tell what various ailments were affecting people just by smelling their feet.

Slim Schaedle
04-27-2005, 09:25 PM
I'd say most of you are under-estimating the need for vitamins.

wrestlemaniac
04-28-2005, 07:31 AM
hey, I'm huge on vitamins. I just don't think they're necessary... maybe thats not a good way to say it... he asked how big of a role they play in bulking. I wouldn't say a huge role but you're a lot better with them than without.

danlifter
04-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Get rid of those bars, 250 calories with only 16 grams of protein, i could eat some tuna fish with 90 calories and get 19 grams of protein, and then i could have room to put some healthy fat in carbs in with it. Those bars are not worth the money.