slapshot111
04-27-2005, 06:35 PM
From Asimmer:

Homemade protein bars..

1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate
2 Tbls. butter
2 Tbls. heavy cream
3 pkts Equal (I used Splenda)
3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein)
1 cup chopped peanuts (I used 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (hence the above!)
2 Tbls. Sugar Free Torani Syrup or maple syrup (or water, in a pinch...) --I used the maple syrup, as that, our market had!
Melt choc and butter in mike 1 min; stir until completely melted. Add Equal and heavy cream and stir til creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well, add syrup (or water), and mix thoroughly(you may have to knead with your handsat this point, as mixture will be very stiff). Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till firm. Cut into 6 bars. These were huge, so I made it into 9 bars.
Approx 5 carbs/15 grams protein per 1/6 recipe.

Homemade Protein Bars

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups dry milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup lite syrup
2 scoops protein powder
2 egg whites
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup craisins (cranberry/raisins, or cranberries or raisins) or chopped apple and chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients as you add them to each other and then in a waxpaper lined cookie sheet spread the mixture out. After you do this and before you bake them, take a butter knife and cut them into 10 squares. Put them in a 325' oven until lightly browned (about 15 minutes) and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks without refrigeration.

Makes 10 Bars 1Bar = 200 calories 12.2 g protein 25 g carbs.

Natural Health and Strength
This Make 16 Protein Bars

1 Cup of Natural Peanut Butter or LowFat Peanutbutter
1 1/2 cups Honey
2 cups of protein powder (I use vanilla whey protein) (Chocolate is great too!)
3 cups dry,uncooked oatmeal

Directions:

Combine peanut butter and honey in a large nonstick pot, and warm it up over low heat . I start out with just the peanutbutter and honey, then add the protein powder,and finally the oats. You don't want to cook it, just heat it up enough to be able to stir it together.

Press into a 9" x 13" pan. Let them cool, and cut into 16 equal bars.(I cut them into 32 bars). Wrap each bar in foil or saran wrap and store in plastic baggies. No need to refrigerate, the ingredients are all natural.

Nutritional Information:
(based upon using lowfat natural peanut butter) (Smuckers)
Serving Size: 1 Bar
Calories:267
Fat:8 g
Protein: 18 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
( nutritional info may vary depending upon the ingredients you use)

Just made a batch of the first one and they look pretty good, they're cooling now. I'll let you all know how they turn out.