PDA

View Full Version : eggs and bulking

hardgainer169
04-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Okay I like eggs and i know that they are a great source of protein; BUT: recently in Muscle and Fitness was an article about how eggs reduces the amount of calories one tends to take in by a substantial amount. Eggs are good for bulking, but wouldn't this slow down your bulking and make you eat less? Especially if you have to push yourself to eat anyway?

getfit
04-28-2005, 10:59 AM
eat your eggs

hardgainer169
04-28-2005, 11:04 AM
In other words, you dont agree with the scientific evidence here presented?

Built
04-28-2005, 11:05 AM
I haven't seen any scientific evidence. Got any?

getfit
04-28-2005, 11:06 AM
In other words, you dont agree with the scientific evidence here presented?
no, i don't read those type of mags

PowerManDL
04-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Muscle and Fiction is scientific evidence now?

hardgainer169
04-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Sounds like most of you dont trust it as a reputable source. Even though it is edited by the likes of Joe weider and Arnie? I dont trust it entirely either, but I just wondered what you thought of this study. Something is wrong with the m&f site so I cant find the article but go to the most recent edition. Toward the back of the mag in the science section is a study done by a reputable university, I think it may have been Brigham Young, and it monitored diets by people who ate eggs for breakfast and people who did not, and people who ate eggs ate much less calories throughout the day. I call this "scientific evidence" just because it was a scientific study and I refer to the results, or evidence. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue but I just wonder what you think of this.

Built
04-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Hmmm...

This is not a scientific experiment - it's an observational study.

In science, correlation does not equal causation.

In order to determine cause and effect, a randomized experiment would have to be designed and performed. Otherwise, there are too many variables involved in a self-selection study such as this, where the subjects, in effect, select their own treatment (consumption or not of eggs).

Sorry.

hardgainer169
04-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks for setting me straight built.

ok, now, regardless of whether it is an observation or a experiment, I still wonder about your thoughts. It sounds like to me that you disagree with this study. Do you, yourself think eggs could lower your caloric intake? have you had any experience? anybody.

i know for me that eggs are very filling, but I've never realy monitored it. I still like 'em tho. I just want to be able to eat tons of calories.

PowerManDL
04-28-2005, 12:54 PM
I plan my diet for the most part every day.

How exactly are eggs going to magically make me eat less when I have a plan that I adhere to?

hardgainer169
04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
well powerman I just wonder If u didn't eat eggs, do you think you might be MORE HUNGRY therefore would want to eat more? 4 somone like me this is important because I want to eat TONS as much as possible. Im not saying you would necessarily EAT LESS.

smalls
04-28-2005, 01:01 PM
What he's trying to say is who cares if you WANT to eat more. If you know how many calories your going to get for the day, why would you let something get in the way of that, especially something as weak as lack of hunger. I havent been hungry in month's, I despise eating. I still get my alloted calories every day because that's what I have set ahead of me and it's the only way I will grow.

PowerManDL
04-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah exactly. If I know I'm getting 4500 calories, who cares if I'm hungry or not? I'll be getting 4500 calories.

shansen008
04-28-2005, 01:23 PM
I plan my diet for the most part every day.

How exactly are eggs going to magically make me eat less when I have a plan that I adhere to?

Same here pretty much. I eat at certain intervals whether im hungry or not. Lots of things can affect your hunger, if i was 10 minutes from my next schedule feed and i downed a liter of water, i might feel full and not want to eat. I do anyway because i KNOW its just the water making me feel full. Your brain lies to you!! Fitday doesnt :) .

hardgainer169
04-28-2005, 02:14 PM
well that wasnt my point. I was just wondering if this would affect you, not whether you cared or not. Oh well, I guess you dont seem to think it matters much so I wont worry about it either

thajeepster
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I eat when im not hungry anyways.... I dont think that it matters, eat up.

Built
04-28-2005, 02:53 PM
The only thing I can think of is that eggs are rich in protein.

Perhaps the issue is that people who start their day with eggs instead of cereal are less likely to overeat because they feel satisfied longer.

Without having seen the article, this is the best I can speculate.