PDA

View Full Version : noob question on dieting

Grimz
04-29-2005, 04:28 AM
Hello, im an 18 year old male and have a body fat % of arround 18% and am wanting to loose abit of fat, im happy with my weight however, its just the fat i want to get rid of, however im not in much of a rush to do it.
Ive been reading around and noticing that high protein diets are useful for dieting but im having trouble with them. Here are my enquiries.
1. Im having trouble getting enough callories and eating clean at the same time. The protein shakes and tuna sandwiches are so small callorie wise yet they are so filling. At the moment the most i can get to is around 1600 callories a day, any more and i feel like my stomach will burst open.
2. Also, what is a decent protein to carb ratio for me to make progress in my dieting. I really dont like eating tuna on its own but i like it in a sandwich, is the bread too much carbs for my diet?
3. Im not in a rush to loose fat but i do want to make some progress, slow and steady is fine. Will keeping a consistent diet high in protein and doing some light cardio ( jogging for around 2 hours a week) and some light weight training ( around 3 hours a week) be enough to loose some fat or will i have to do some more intense training?

danlifter
04-30-2005, 09:49 PM
You can go on a high protein, moderate to low carb diet to lose some bodyfat. What i recommend is getting some whey protein powder to help with the protein intake you need to take in. You dont need to eat tuna if you dont like it. Eat skinless chicken breast if you cant stand tuna, there are many high protein foods out there you can get. Just stay committed and work hard.

Built
04-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Light cardio like you suggest would be fine - do it first thing in the AM, empty (say, 30 minutes, 4 times a week), and heavy lifting for an hour 3 times a week.

Light lifting does almost nothing for you. Don't bother.

The magic in a lower carb diet is that the fats go up, and you feel fuller on lower cals. This is how I do it too.

ryuage
04-30-2005, 09:53 PM
how did you get yourself all the way to 18% bodyfat and cant stomach over 1600 calories?