PDA

View Full Version : Getting protein into me~!

Sc00t
04-29-2005, 06:50 PM
So, I'm trying to eat my own weight in protein each day and finding it IMPOSSIBLE. How would you guys go about getting that amount of protein in a day?

Bare in mind that I am at college, and work 2 weeknights and one weekend, whilst spending other spare time at the gym and with my g/f.

Limited budget also so suppliments are probably out of my price range.

Do you guys think having something like a slimfast after training would benefit my goals?

Basically I want to bulk up, and get more muscle on me. I'm quite small at the moment, but decently toned.

Let me know guys, thanks.
(Recipie ideas, etc welcome :)

Built
04-29-2005, 06:57 PM
So, I'm trying to eat my own weight in protein each day and finding it IMPOSSIBLE. How would you guys go about getting that amount of protein in a day?

Feeding tube, like they use with geese to make fois gras?

I think you mean you're trying to eat a gram of protein per pound bodyweight, right?

I eat about 200g protein daily, and I'm under 140 lbs.

It ain't hard.

Meat, eggs, cottage cheese, tuna...

Sc00t
04-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Correct on the gram per pound of protein. My problem is lunchtime i think. I don't have money to buy stuff at college, so I'm stuck with a packed lunch, usually a sandwich and crisps etc.

Built
04-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, where do you live?

Sc00t
04-29-2005, 07:20 PM
England.

Built
04-29-2005, 07:21 PM
LOL! No - I knew this when you said "crisps".

I meant at home, or at college?

Sc00t
04-29-2005, 07:22 PM
oh, haha. Sorry dude, I'm at home.

Built
04-29-2005, 07:24 PM
oh, haha. Sorry dude, I'm at home.

I'm a chick.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Built/ShreddedBack.jpg

Now, can you not pack your own lunches?

Sc00t
04-29-2005, 07:32 PM
I do, trouble is time restraints haha. i hardly have time to make a sandwich, nevermind something uber-nutricious!

(Sorry about the dude thing, didn't realise.)

Built
04-29-2005, 07:37 PM
(Sorry about the dude thing, didn't realise.)

Hey, NP - I get this all the time. :)

i hardly have time to make a sandwich, nevermind something uber-nutricious!

Well, then you won't grow.

Sorry.

There's no substitute for proper nutrition.

Either take the time to eat properly like the rest of us, or don't, and don't grow.

I pack my meals to bring to work with me the night before - everything is weighed and measured and portioned out in baggies. It's a pain in the ass, but if I don't do it, I won't achieve my physique goals. Period.

And slimfast is a crappy protein source. Get a whey shake mix if you want to go that route.

smalls
04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Agreed, there is no excuse. Many of us work full time and attend college full time. Learn to pack things with you. Tuna sandwiches are easy. If you can afford slimfast (or a girlfriend for that matter) then you can afford some whey, which is portable but not necassary. Bring a cooler. Leave food at your work. Drink lots of milk. It takes a few changes but it really isnt all that hard.

Gutz981
04-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Whey...Take a cup with whey in it...buy some milk...And chug...Plain and simple...

PizDoff
04-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Beyond the thread title that begs taunting, this is also hilarious.

So, I'm trying to eat my own weight in protein each day and finding it IMPOSSIBLE.

Got to get many many kilos of protein in ya.

Jabberwocky
04-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Tuna, eggs, they aren't that expensive are they?

ReelBigFish
04-30-2005, 01:19 AM
I don't see how this is so hard for some. I'm not attacking you Scoot at all, but i mean im 17, in High School, work part time job 3-4 days a week and have enough time to lift, eat and I have to buy 95% of my own groceries. Sometimes my parents will by the inexpensive stuff like oats and we all buy eggs. But n e ways just buy in bulk if you can and get things like tuna, lean beef, cottage cheese, chicken, fish and such for prot., get some essential fats in ya and fill the rest with cheap,but good carbs. Brown rice, oats, some good wheat bread won't hurt, beans are cheap and easy. Just eat up bro and get huge

Sc00t
04-30-2005, 08:02 AM
I also have a car with 170 insurance a month going out of my wages, and my 20 monthly gym membership. I live with my mum and her wage is, well, pitiful if i'm honest heh. So, we're pretty 'hard-up' i guess.

I love beans. In fact i ate a whole tin, and 4 sausages on toast this morning for breakfast. It's not that I don't eat, I eat like a friggen horse, I'm just not eating the right things, protein wise.

My metabolism is also like, through the roof. I eat something and it's pretty much burned off. I have back pain, so that also raises my metabolism a bit (blood cells fighting and all that bologne.)

danlifter
04-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Im 145 lbs and i get 290 grams protein a day. The way i do this is i eat a lot of tuna, egg beaters, cottage cheese, salmon, yogurt. I also drink skim milk with whey protein shakes and i have no problem getting this much protein. You can get a 5 lb tub of optimum whey protein which is 70 servings for 25 dollars off of bodybuilding.com and that is 23 grams of protein per serving, i suggest you get some.

Sc00t
05-01-2005, 05:41 AM
Yeah, there's a health shop in town that sells whey protein UBER-CHEAP~~~! So I'm going to pick some up next time i'm in town. I still have some ProMass left, which I've been using when I'm at the gym, but there isn't much left hehe.

Thanks for your advice fellas (and chick hehe) Appreciate it.