PDA

View Full Version : My mom needs help losing weight

DannyboyXJ
04-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey guys. My mom has been overweight for quite some time. She's not REAL bad (like obese), but she could definitely lose some weight.

She's tried everything:

-Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Atkins (even though I said don't), etc... all the damn fad diets. Some work a little but most don't. She'll lose like 10lbs then no more.

The one issue is: her medicine. She has epilepsy and takes some kind of medicine three times a day to make sure she doesn't have seizers. She is almost sure that her medicine screws with her ammune system and makes it VERY hard for her to lose weight/keep weight from coming on.

--- Sure, she COULD try a different medicine but the only problem is:

1.) this one works perfectly; something this serious can't be played with really
2.) when switching medicines, she can't drive for 6-months in order to ensure the medicine works. This would make it nearly impossible for her to work; she can't quit/take a leave from her job.

She really doesn't eat that bad. The problem is, she hates exercising and never seems to find the time to do so. We have a treadmill at my house that she COULD use but she can't seem to set her mind to it.

However, lately shes really been getting fedup and knows that she has to buckle down and do something.

So, help me help her. Thanks.

Built
04-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Treadmill won't do much, if anything. The problem is with her diet. Plus, she needs to lift. I've been through this (without the meds), and I'm probably about the same age as your mom.

Go to www.fitday.com and sit down with her. Put in a few days worth of "normal - eating" food, and post up what her calories, protein, carbs, fats are like.

Post up her height and weight, and her age.

If I don't see your reply, send me a PM and I'll come and look.

Okay?

DannyboyXJ
04-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Treadmill won't do much, if anything. The problem is with her diet. Plus, she needs to lift. I've been through this (without the meds), and I'm probably about the same age as your mom.

Go to www.fitday.com and sit down with her. Put in a few days worth of "normal - eating" food, and post up what her calories, protein, carbs, fats are like.

Post up her height and weight, and her age.

If I don't see your reply, send me a PM and I'll come and look.

Okay?

Thanks for the fast reply. The thing is, she said she needs to lose "a lot" (her words) of weight. She won't tell me her weight (obviously, wouldn't really expect her to), but I'm guessing a good 30lbs would make her feel MUCH better overall.

I'll show her this site and see where to start and stuff.

shansen008
04-29-2005, 08:22 PM
She is gonna have to lose the pride if she wants to be successful. We are our own worst critics, remember that. Tell her to bite the bullet and get on the scale. Break out the calipers, do whatever needs to be done.

Gelfey
05-16-2005, 04:08 AM
hi,

this is related to your problem, there a lot of solution you might opt to lose weight. but each of these has its pros & cons. i mean if you are opting for some plans or supplements, then you ahave to follow some rules & regulation prescribed by the doctor.

secondly you will have to think about your diet and have to tried some excercise. also go for some weight loss tips where you can find out more about weight loss.

i personally used xenical(a FDA approved diet pills) with a proper consult with the doctor. you can also take some pills for weight loss but with a proper consultation of your doctor.

i have visited a site where got a lot of information about weight loss.
i am refering it to you for your help. you can visit: http://www.slimtour.com for more information about weight loss tips and weight loss pills.

till then, have fun! :)