PDA

View Full Version : Natural Hormonal Enhancement.. ?

MonStar
12-04-2001, 08:32 AM
Anyone read or heard of Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Faigin? I just ordered a copy and from I understand its supposed to be one of the best all-around books out there. I believe that he covered training and diet pretty well.

Opinions?

:cool::cool:

big calvin
12-04-2001, 09:04 AM
its in my top 5. :D

Joe Black
12-04-2001, 09:38 AM
I have not heard of it..

Anyone else?

ericg
12-04-2001, 10:28 AM
I have it.....its good......

the nutritional info is based on keto diets....its a good read, but the average/beginner may need to read it over a couple of times so they can fully understand it.

12-04-2001, 10:43 AM
where did you order it from?
I've been looking for that book for ages without any success...

Tryska
12-04-2001, 10:59 AM
does it cover women too?

MonStar
12-04-2001, 11:02 AM
Anyone that wants to check out some info about this book can check it out at the link below. Also I purchased mine from Bodybuilding.com. Theyre a good site in my opinion. Quick delivery, and always friendly.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nhe/book.html

the doc
12-04-2001, 11:25 AM
i have it. It is one of the best nutritional/diet/training books i've seen.

MonStar
12-05-2001, 06:48 PM
Yeah hopefully my copy of this book will be coming in the mail within the next couple of days.

From what I understand Faigin has 1700 references and preaches that only protein and carbs should be taken postworkout? Crazy stuff...

Marcel
12-05-2001, 08:42 PM
That book sounds like it's pretty awesome. I checked out the author's website and he's ripped and huge and natty. Supposedly other natty bb's use that diet too. I'm gonna get a copy of that book too.:thumbup:

Big Calvin - just out of curiosity what else is in your top 5?

the doc
12-05-2001, 09:07 PM
Like any other diet/eating plan one must stick to it for optimum results

Yes Rob is damn ripped and big in those pics but dont expect that overnight. He's been training for years

Marcel
12-05-2001, 09:19 PM
Duh ;)

Wizard
12-06-2001, 03:34 AM
Hey MonStar,this is a great book.It has tons of references.It definitaly worths all the $ you spent.

MonStar1023
12-06-2001, 02:21 PM
Thanks a lot for all the replies bros. Yeah Rob is a big dude damn. Natural too which is extremely impressive. The book should be in within the next couple of days.

Ordered it from over @ Bodybuilding.com. Anyone else read it?

Maki Riddington
12-08-2001, 03:33 PM
I believe Miss Abs carries it as well. She had been saying it was a great book way back.

majsi98
12-09-2001, 05:56 AM
can somebody scan the book for me?:D

MonStar1023
12-09-2001, 02:33 PM
Haha certainly no one is going to take the time and scan all 350 pages or so bro.. what are you talking about?

I havnt got my copy yet and I cant wait. I mailed my order in around a week ago to Bodybuilding.com and somehow they still havnt gotten it yet... pretty wierd..

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I didnt think Delaware to Idaho was more than 5 business days - maybe it is who knows.

Jane
12-09-2001, 06:22 PM
so is it applicable for girls as well? I almost bought it but stopped because what if he spends 350 pages talking about testosterone. Is it worth the money?

PowerManDL
12-09-2001, 10:03 PM
Females have testosterone as well, just not as much. Increasing your natural level via diet* could provide positive effects.

*no, it won't make you a man.

MonStar1023
12-11-2001, 11:10 AM
big calvin-
Whatsup bro? I am curious what other books are in your top 5? See if I can get my hands on them..

smalls
12-11-2001, 05:14 PM
To everyone that said how great the book was.
I was curious, from what I have heard of the book rob faigin suggests that you eat only protein and fat pre and post workout to keep test and gh their highest. And I have read some good arguments on this. So do you eat in this manner pre and post workout, and have you seen better results this way.
(I dont doubt it's a good book and has good info, and I am actually probably going to buy it, just curious on this topic.) Thanks.

MonStar1023
12-11-2001, 07:19 PM
smalls-
Whatsup bro? Yes I too have heard very similar things about this book. That his postworkout reccomendation is whey protein and full-fat heavy cream... pretty weird huh?

I have always heard carbs.

the doc
12-11-2001, 08:25 PM
you must understand it (pre and postoworkout meals) withinn the context of the eating plan

Marcel
12-12-2001, 12:48 AM
Hey Big Calvin answer our question NOW! What else is in your top 5 books huh?:cool:

MonStar1023
12-12-2001, 06:38 AM
the doc-
Whatd you mean that you must understand that its in the context of the eating plan..

smalls
12-12-2001, 04:07 PM
So do you eat this way, doc. Anybody else. And doc, can you explain that a little more.(If its possible to explain without having to type three pages):)

MonStar1023
12-12-2001, 07:12 PM
the doc-
Yeah definitely bro please explain what you meant in that last post if you dont mind.

Also what does Faigin reccomend about training? Low/high volume? What kinda exercises/reps/etc.?

Marcel
12-12-2001, 07:22 PM
Yea doc tell us more bout it!....

Monstar1023 - dang dude you still haven't received the book yet? Oh well once you get it share with us bro!:cool:

the doc
12-12-2001, 07:24 PM
i meant in terms of pre-postworkout meals it is not surprising that carbs are not recommended as insulin spikes are to be avoided (fat burning methodology)
I have been eating like this in some sense or another for almost a year now. I am currently concentrating on losing bodyfat
he is not that specific on reps but is big on adequate recovery

It would take to long to explain the principles but after you read it we can discuss more specific things

MonStar1023
12-12-2001, 07:32 PM
Marcel-
Whatsup bro? Yeah I know seriously Bodybuilding.com is defintely slow when it comes to orders... good price I guess but I mean it seems like its taken forever!! 2 weeks now... I mean its not too bad but I guess I just want it so badly.. haha. Tomorrow for sure I hope.

the doc-
Whatsup bro? Good luck with the diet yeah as soon as I get it Ill read up. I heard its one of the best books out there? Think so?

Marcel
12-12-2001, 07:35 PM
Monstar1023 - Yea i know what you mean...I think I will cough up the 30 bones and send for a book too...then we can all discuss Rob's theories...:cool:

MonStar1023
12-12-2001, 07:47 PM
Marcel-
Whatsup bro? Yeah definitely do that.. I mean honestly if you have a usable credit card youll prolly get the book in a few days depending on where you live. Im from Delaware and Bodybuilding.com is in Idaho so its a ******* hike ya know?.. And I mailed a check to them which really took a long damn time!

Definitely get yourself a copy though.

Marcel
12-12-2001, 07:48 PM
Fo sho bro

big calvin
12-12-2001, 07:52 PM
sorry guys, i didnt go back to this topic...

anyways well i kinda gave it a lower stand on top 5...it should be under top 3....its not third just somewhere in there....other great books on bodybuilding....brawn the first copy....most dr.squats books....welll thats pretty much it. i know must would say arnolds book but i never liked it. gave wrong advice on how to do exercises,WAY to many sets, nutrition part didnt do much other then basic info.

but if u want the best book how to know how hormones work and how it effects your body then Faigin book is #1. i never fully understood how the body worked till i red that book. its a must have in my book.

Marcel
12-12-2001, 10:31 PM
Thanks BIG Calvin appreciate it :cool:

MonStar1023
12-13-2001, 06:39 AM
Yeah I definitely have to get my hands on a copy of that book Brawn or whatever its called Beyond Brawn or something along those lines. I heard it was very promising..

aeckhardt
12-13-2001, 03:26 PM
I've got this book too and I definitely recommend it. But, just one thought. He states to not eat carbs after working out becuase insulin will blunt the GH and Testosterone release. Obviously this is true, but at the same time, wouldn't it be better to eat at least some carbs to deter the more detrimental cortisol release from lifting?

That is the only I ever wondered about it.

breeze
12-13-2001, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by big calvin
sorry guys, i didnt go back to this topic...

but if u want the best book how to know how hormones work and how it effects your body then Faigin book is #1. i never fully understood how the body worked till i red that book. its a must have in my book.

I was going to buy that book and an other one by Faigin; until I noticed that the copywrite was 1996. I had issues about wither the material was up to date. Also another concern was that he hypes Prolab products too much in his books. Maybe I will buy his books after all and see for myself.

MonStar1023
12-13-2001, 03:51 PM
Yeah I still have NOT received my book yet!! Its been a good 2 weeks I honestly cannot figure out what the hell the problem is.. Ill post my experiences once it comes in though!

big calvin
12-13-2001, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by aeckhardt
I've got this book too and I definitely recommend it. But, just one thought. He states to not eat carbs after working out becuase insulin will blunt the GH and Testosterone release. Obviously this is true, but at the same time, wouldn't it be better to eat at least some carbs to deter the more detrimental cortisol release from lifting?

That is the only I ever wondered about it.

yes and no. well i think what he was gettin at was yes low insulin means high cortisol and glucagon is higher but because your eating some protien every couple of hours your body is always getting a dose of amino acids to combat crotisol....think about it before u workout u eat some protein and fat and after u workout u eat more protien and fat...so yours always getting aminos. and the re-feeds help in so many ways so i dont think its wrong not to have post workout carbs because your getting carbs every 3-4 days. and a large dose at that!:D

breeze: buy it, youll thank me for after u read it ;)

MonStar1023
12-13-2001, 09:03 PM
big calvin-
Damn the way you make it sound I am seriously looking forward to getting my hands on this book!! Where the hell is it at!!??

Marcel
12-13-2001, 09:07 PM
Monstar - I would be very very pissed :mad:

BIG CALVIN - what does the routine/split look like? everyother day huh? Thanks!

big calvin
12-13-2001, 10:09 PM
well the workouts i dont like to much.(i hate high intensity cardio!!!!:D) but yeah its basically 3 days of training and 3 days of cardio. try not to do both on the same day,do high intense cardio for not a long time...workout short time....to failure.... basic stuff....they nutrition is really want u pay for in the book. its top notch nutrition. i didnt see it say 1996 but if it did he was very ahead of his time.

Pup
12-14-2001, 03:33 AM
Monstar, does bb.com use UPS in its shipping. If so, you should have gotten a tracking number. UPS ground is 3-5 days, i'd be raising some serious hell right now. I'd call up UPS and give them the tracking number, chances are that your book is in some mail bin right now.

MonStar1023
12-14-2001, 05:47 AM
just_a_pup-
Yeah I know honestly... I am not totally positive that they use UPS Shipping but I am pretty sure..

I guess well see if I get it today!! Jeez!!

:mad::mad:

the doc
12-14-2001, 06:42 AM
monstar, call em to see if was even in stock...
often internet companies have nothing in stock (keeping costs very low) and things can take several weeks to be delivered!

goof luck man!

breeze
12-14-2001, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by MonStar1023
just_a_pup-
Yeah I know honestly... I am not totally positive that they use UPS Shipping but I am pretty sure..

I guess well see if I get it today!! Jeez!!

I ordered my on Monday and today is Friday and I haven't received it yet. I e-mailed them and they responded within 10 minutes to say that a representative is taking a look at it/ If i don't receive it in 48 hours to give them a call. If you know your order number you can call them at 1-877-991-3411. The number is toll free.

MonStar1023
12-14-2001, 01:58 PM
I finally received it!

After all this time I finally received my book.. I have not yet read any of it at all.. I am really glad that I received it though.

MonStar1023
12-15-2001, 07:21 AM
Damn after reading the intro and the first few chapters I must comment that this book so far is EXCELLENT. Great knowledge and an easy overall read.

I just read about dropping the fat-axis and supressing cortisol levels while optimizing insulin and maximizing testosterone and growth hormone.

Wizard
12-15-2001, 02:26 PM
In other words:keto diet..

aeckhardt
12-15-2001, 03:37 PM
Eh. It would be keto if you didn't do the carb up on Weds. and Sund. Plus you never enter ketosis because your fat to protein ratio would not be 1.5:1 or higher.

12-15-2001, 03:44 PM
Eh. It would be keto if you didn't do the carb up on Weds. and Sund. Plus you never enter ketosis because your fat to protein ratio would not be 1.5:1 or higher.

I haven't read NHE yet (on order also), but isn't the diet described in it a TKD?

the doc
12-15-2001, 03:49 PM

:nod:
also your taking in 30-60 g of carbs/day

MonStar1023
12-15-2001, 09:26 PM
I personally have not gotten to the part about the specific diet that Faigin reccomends. But I know that to optimize insulin every 72 hours (3 days) you eat 2 carb meals with 100g of carbs in each meal.. I am not positive but I am pretty sure.

Well see what happens.. Ill continue to read and keep posting. Great reading so far!!

Wizard
12-16-2001, 04:05 AM
Even the Anabolic diet by Di Pasquale is described as a CKD diet and it still limits carb intake to 30 grams per day.

MonStar1023
12-16-2001, 07:35 AM
the doc-
I really need your help bro. I have not fully read in detail the specifics about the diet and training with NHE, but I am going to start the diet today..

He suggests doing a 7-day ~under 20g carbs per day, metabolic switch - to switch from sugar-burning to fat-burning. Should I do that? I mean immediately afterwards he goes into the NHE Bodybuilding Eating Plan and I cant decide if I should do the 7-day basically Atkin's plan or not.. help me out bro.

Also he suggests every 3rd day, then every 4th day, the last 2 meals of the day consuming 100g of carbs per meal - while minimizing fat and protein to optimize carb uptake. So every 3rd day, then every 4th day Ill be consuming my 2 carb meals, 2-4 hours apart from each other. He says that at least 70% of the carbs should be starchy carbs (i.e. - potatoes, rice, etc.)

Thats the diet aspect of it. Then postworkout he suggests whey protein with a few tablespoons of heavy whipping cream along with a tablespoon of flax seed oil. I have never heard of a recommendation like that be according to him and studies this will optimize horomonal output which is exactly what were trying to do.

When it comes to training I really cant find any specifc recommendations... I am just going to do the following..
day1- chest, delts, tris
day2- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)
day3- quads, hamstrings, calves
day4- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)
day5- back, traps, biceps, forearms
day6- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)

Does this look alright to you? I dont know what he recommends about reps and sets so I am just going to go with 6-8 total sets per bodypart and reps of 6-8. Please correct everything I am doing if I am wrong it would be a BIG help.

No cardio on training days either right?

MonStar1023
12-16-2001, 07:55 AM
the doc-
Also the supplements that I will be taking are..

...2 Xenadrine 3x per day, for 1 week, then the following week Ill be taking 1 Adipokinetix + 15 mg. ephedra 3x per day
Multivitamin 2x per day
1g Vitamin C 3x per day
5g creatine postworkout
5g glutamine peptides postworkout
1 GNC Calcium Complete 3x per day...

Does this look alright to you bro? Should I add anything or take anything away.. also my journal is over in the Online Journal's section so you can check it out if you have the desire.

Thanks alot for the replies bro.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-16-2001, 09:06 AM
I can't help you with the diet cause i haven't read the book [although i'd like to] but i can say that cardio the day before and after leg training = tuttut

although i guess it also depends how much intensity you put into leg workouts.

MonStar1023
12-16-2001, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the reply bro.. yeah I have considered that...

aeckhardt
12-16-2001, 03:44 PM
Actually if I were you I would do a 4 day split. This way you could maximize the hormonal enhancement by getting its effects after two workouts then a carb up. Plus, if you workout on the same day as the carb up, you will not have as good of a carb up becuase your muscles will not have had any time to recover and when muscles are sore it is harder for them to uptake the carbs.

the doc
12-16-2001, 07:56 PM
He suggests doing a 7-day ~under 20g carbs per day, metabolic switch - to switch from sugar-burning to fat-burning. Should I do that? I mean immediately afterwards he goes into the NHE Bodybuilding Eating Plan and I cant decide if I should do the 7-day basically Atkin's plan or not.. help me out bro.

*** I have done the "metabolic shift" a souple of times over the year... Basicly i would eat meat, eggs, and cheese-limiting carbs to less than 20/day... this gets me into ketosis and then i would work up to the carb ups...

Also he suggests every 3rd day, then every 4th day, the last 2 meals of the day consuming 100g of carbs per meal - while minimizing fat and protein to optimize carb uptake. So every 3rd day, then every 4th day Ill be consuming my 2 carb meals, 2-4 hours apart from each other. He says that at least 70% of the carbs should be starchy carbs (i.e. - potatoes, rice, etc.)

***Yea, they're pretty intense meals. I would eat sometimes 400-500 g of carbs over the latter half of a day. Also on this plan i found nuts and nut butter to be incredibly useful foods. THey are calorie dense/low carb/high fat (but low sat fat/chol.) I like to to eat as much fat as possible from non animal sources. I would also try to eat as much fish and chicken as possible, but made liberal use of olive and flax oils. I definitely was able to add some good muscle during that phase- I cant wait to starting upping cals again soon.

Thats the diet aspect of it. Then postworkout he suggests whey protein with a few tablespoons of heavy whipping cream along with a tablespoon of flax seed oil. I have never heard of a recommendation like that be according to him and studies this will optimize horomonal output which is exactly what were trying to do.

When it comes to training I really cant find any specifc recommendations... I am just going to do the following..
day1- chest, delts, tris
day2- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)
day3- quads, hamstrings, calves
day4- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)
day5- back, traps, biceps, forearms
day6- AM cardio 20 minutes of uphill interval sprints (sprinting up, then walking down)

Does this look alright to you? I dont know what he recommends about reps and sets so I am just going to go with 6-8 total sets per bodypart and reps of 6-8. Please correct everything I am doing if I am wrong it would be a BIG help.

No cardio on training days either right?

*** well rob isn't as specific about training but he is big on adequate recovery time. OVertraining results in high cortisol levels and this means lost muscle which means we dont wanna do that. Indeed is you read those parts he does describe though that on off days some light-moderate cardio is desired. He also mentions hiit cardio but I think this is more in terms of lifting like activity (thus needing to be limited). Also , you can do cardio the same day but try and space it as far away from lifting as possible. THe best thing is for you to try and test your bodies limits. See what you recouperative abilities are. If they are high then you can make ambitous plans. I would start low and work my way up in frequency and volume. Also i think the hiit cardio is more for losing fat... Just workout with intensity and things will fall into place! Read some more on training and you'll see what i'm saying

the doc
12-16-2001, 08:02 PM
the doc-
Also the supplements that I will be taking are..

...2 Xenadrine 3x per day, for 1 week, then the following week Ill be taking 1 Adipokinetix + 15 mg. ephedra 3x per day
Multivitamin 2x per day
1g Vitamin C 3x per day
5g creatine postworkout
5g glutamine peptides postworkout
1 GNC Calcium Complete 3x per day...

Does this look alright to you bro? Should I add anything or take anything away.. also my journal is over in the Online Journal's section so you can check it out if you have the desire.

Thanks alot for the replies bro.

Hey man rob says the diet operates independant of the workout plan. Thus dont worry about timing your carbups. Your muscles will be starved for glycogen and you will get an insuline rush with damn near anything starchy you can find

I use his workout shake idea instead i just eat some walnuts with a protein shake

I like to take the creatine with carbups and lots of glutamine

also the calcium is for fat loss purposes? Are you not planning on eating any dairy products?

also you need to visit www.extique.com and scroll down to the "ask rob" link

MonStar1023
12-17-2001, 07:33 AM
the doc-
Yeah what a great book though I am really glad that I got it. I think I am going to be taking 5g per 100g carb meal.. do you take protein and fat in that meal too or just carbs?

Also I just did some interval training on the stationery bike this morning. Really brent my quads out pretty good though.

aeckhardt
12-17-2001, 11:19 PM
Don't you have this book? Just read what it says.

When you eat the carb meal you eat very little fat and very little protein. As a general rule you shouldn't eat carbs with fat anyway. And in this case, Rob wants you to limit protein becuase it will blumt the insulin response and you will not have as good of a crab up.

the doc
12-18-2001, 07:06 AM
:nod:

whilst massing i was taking 15 g over the carb ups with ALA
also i dont use a fat burner (ephedra)

dont eat protein and fat on carb ups as mentioned... It will e hard to eat that many carbs but i enjoyed it very much

ALso i would eat 2- 4 lbs of pnut butter/ week whilst massing

MonStar1023
12-18-2001, 02:39 PM
the doc-
Whatsup bro? Yeah I have just gotten to the part in the book where hes talking about how to change your bf% set point and become a fat-burner rather than a sugar-burner.

Also I am wondering okay heres whats going on this week for me diet wise I need your recommendation.
Sun ~under 20g carbs
Mon ~under 20g carbs
Tues ~under 20g carbs
Wed ~under 20g carbs
Thurs ~under 20g carbs
Fri ~under 20g carbs
Sat ~under 20g carbs

Now I am wondering should I take in my 2 carb meals Saturday night.. 100g starchy carbs per meal then 2-3 hours later another starchy carb meal.. ?

Or should I start the regular cycle of 3 days then 2 carb meals on the 3rd day, and then 4 days of low carbs, and 2 carb meals on the 4th day?

Also you said something about taking ALA with your carb-meals. What kind of dosage would you recommend? Please reply.

the doc
12-18-2001, 03:45 PM
the doc-
Whatsup bro? Yeah I have just gotten to the part in the book where hes talking about how to change your bf% set point and become a fat-burner rather than a sugar-burner.

Also I am wondering okay heres whats going on this week for me diet wise I need your recommendation.
Sun ~under 20g carbs
Mon ~under 20g carbs
Tues ~under 20g carbs
Wed ~under 20g carbs
Thurs ~under 20g carbs
Fri ~under 20g carbs
Sat ~under 20g carbs

Now I am wondering should I take in my 2 carb meals Saturday night.. 100g starchy carbs per meal then 2-3 hours later another starchy carb meal.. ?

Or should I start the regular cycle of 3 days then 2 carb meals on the 3rd day, and then 4 days of low carbs, and 2 carb meals on the 4th day?

Also you said something about taking ALA with your carb-meals. What kind of dosage would you recommend? Please reply.

the doc
12-18-2001, 03:59 PM
after a week of no carbs (less than 20) then you can increase to less than 30-35 g carb/day for 2 days then do your 1st carb up
wait 4 days then on the end of the 4th day carb up then wait 3 days and so on

carb up with at least 100 g/ meal

start eating early afternoon as it really bloats you otherwise..lol

ala-wiz advocates ~300 mg i believe

Tryska
12-18-2001, 05:27 PM
btw - doc - still looking for.....

:confused:

MonStar1023
12-18-2001, 05:46 PM
Tryska-
Whatsup? Yeah check out www.bodybuilding.com... then go to the cyberstore, click on Categories or whatever and go down to Books. Its right there.

the doc-
I am going to do something like this I think...
Sun ~under 20g carbs
Mon ~under 20g carbs
Tues ~under 20g carbs
Wed ~under 20g carbs
Thurs ~under 20g carbs
Fri ~under 20g carbs
Sat ~under 20g carbs
Sun ~under 30-40g carbs
Mon ~under 30-40g carbs
Tues ~under 30-40g carbs all day until afternoon when Ill eat 2 meals spaced 2-3 hours apart, that consist of 100g of starchy carbs.. Ill be taking 300 mg. ALA per meal

That look okay bro?

MonStar1023
12-21-2001, 11:06 PM
I was curious what does everyone think that Rob Faigin thinks about low-carb protein bars.. like Protein Diet bars or Atkin's bars that are low in carbs..

HighlyFanatic
12-22-2001, 12:26 AM
i just ordered it today!

Tryska
12-22-2001, 07:18 AM
i like protein diet bars. toasted coconut rocks. i don't eat them often tho.

MonStar1023
12-22-2001, 09:28 AM
Tryska-
Yeah I dont eat protein bars all that often either. I try and avoid them for the most part because theyre artificial food or whatever.. well see though. Yeah coconut is great.. tastes like Almond Joy. You know a trick that someone told me was to microwave the protein bar for like 10 seconds... heats them up and makes them really soft... haha you should try it.

HighlyFanatic-
You wont regret it. Im 1/2way through and its a GREAT book.

MonStar1023
12-30-2001, 07:23 PM
Although I am just finishing up the diet section of the book now.. I must admit that it is an OUTSTANDING book...

Hopefully I am doing the diet right because I feel really fat..

Marcel
12-30-2001, 07:37 PM
Shiat I still haven't received my book! I should receive it tomorrow hopefully! :)

MonStar1023
12-30-2001, 07:47 PM
Marcel-
Did you order from Bodybuilding.com? They were pretty quick to get it here I guess.. Maybe 7-10 days. Something like that I dont know.

Good luck and read up!

The whole beginning is really a pain to read. Its not too interesting. If you intersted in the diet and training aspect of the book just start @ that section... Just my opinion hehe.

I mean the beginning he talks about the problem with diets today etc... nothing new really..

Marcel
12-30-2001, 07:53 PM
Monstar - I already kinda know about the book from reading the discussions here and checking out rob's site. Did you check out the FAQ at his site? He has a bunch of advice there. Yea I cant wait for the book!

MonStar1023
12-30-2001, 08:30 PM
Hehe.. I just emailed Rob Faigin himself and asked him to register and start posting here @ WBB. Omg I cant imagine him critiquing my online journal. Would that be great or what!?

:D:D
Hehe couldnt go wrong then.

Marcel
01-02-2002, 11:55 PM
I finally received the book today...So far what I have read is good...Need to get reading some more...:cool:

MonStar1023
01-03-2002, 05:45 AM
Marcel-
Yeah read up. Read and read and read and read and stop reading until your done. I am not a big fan of reading no matter what I am reading but its important that you read the whole thing..

I am on pg. 200 around. I read Mastery of Hand Strength though in about 2 hours. I guess it depends on what your interested in.

01-03-2002, 11:52 AM
received my book yesterday. On page 80 something. Good stuff so far. :cool:

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-03-2002, 11:58 AM
It will cost me 80+ dollars to buy and ship NHE to me :(

I am going to harras rob for not having a european seller.

MonStar1023
01-03-2002, 01:03 PM
The_Chicken_Daddy-
Where you from bro?

MonStar1023
01-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Marcel / Avatar / the doc / Tryska-
Hehe since all of you have NHE.. I am curious about the training the Rob recommends.. if you look on page 265 at the diagram or whatever it almosts seems like hes supporting training every 3rd day. Like training on day 1, then again on day 4. Because supposedly your hormones "peak" after/during the 2nd day..

:confused::confused:

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-03-2002, 04:07 PM
Newcastle, England.

Marcel
01-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Yea, I checked out the chart and that's what it looks like to me. Then again he says to lift weights everyother day at the most. I think thats what I will do. Everyother day and cardio/boxing off days.

I really have liked the book so far(I'm almost done i read fast) and reccomend it to everyone. I wish he was a lil more specific on fat intake though.

Monstar and the doc - how many fat grams do you average per meal? Just an estimate.

Marcel
01-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Oh yea and about not counting calories...well i think i will anyways. What about you guys do count them?

MonStar1023
01-03-2002, 05:29 PM
Marcel-
If I were you I would follow the NHE recomendations to the T. Rob definitely knows his **** and its a lifelong type of eating style. More than a typical diet for 8 weeks or whatever then go back to normal eating. Your not going to count calories your whole life or count grams of fat.

For me I would say I get around 5-20g of fat per meal. Something along those lines. I just make sure I get the protein and fat and keep the carbs down thats all. Basically its a really easy diet to follow. As long as your carbs are down I think youll do fine. The first week is kinda a bitch though..

MonStar1023
01-03-2002, 05:31 PM
I cannot believe that he suggests workout out every other day at the MOST. Thats kinda ridiculous I think. I mean I never dreamed natural bodybuilders in his eyes should be training around TWICE a week, if they want to optimize their horomones. Just seems outrageous to train twice a week, 40 minutes a pop ya know?

Tryska
01-03-2002, 05:39 PM
actually to me that graph has nothing to do with how many days a week you can train.

all it's showing is a line graph of what happens hormonally while exercising.....for any of y'all who's curiousity is piqued:

during training:

0-60 minutes - test, cortisol, GH release (peaks at around 45 minutes - considered the ideal time to stop exercising)

60m - 15h - catabolic period - cortisol increase, test/gh downswoop

15h-24h - restorative period, homeostasis re-established

24h-48h - supercompensation/anabolic period, test peaks, gh peaks, cortisol dips.

i do see that little note that says time to exercise again, however if you check p296, it gives you some better guidelines for training. (from middle of page onto next page)

hth.

MonStar1023
01-03-2002, 05:54 PM
Yeah Ill have to give it a look.. well see.

I hope I am training right and dieting just like he says.

Tryska-
From what you have read in my journal everything looks okay right?

Tryska
01-03-2002, 06:03 PM
aside from your scale obsession, yeah..looking good! ;)

MonStar1023
01-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Tryska-
Yeah I guess I should lay off the scale.. I was wondering in case you didnt see my journal day, or after carb-ups, is it normal to feel more soft and flabby the day after an evening carb-up the night before?

I mean for some reason I always feel like my definition and hardness, is especially lost the day after a carb-up meal. Even though I take 5g of creatine along with 600 mg. ALA..

Tryska
01-04-2002, 03:49 AM
yes the water you hold after a carbup will make you feel kinda soft and puffy.

Wizard
01-04-2002, 09:02 AM
Chigs,it will cost you only 37.97$ (shipping included).

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-04-2002, 10:01 AM
yeah i was on a totally poo-crappy site,
of which i shall never return and i now have much spite.

i believe i shall purchase this book, ole' girl T.
And hopefully i shall have it within weeks, three.

ElPietro
01-04-2002, 11:53 AM
Hey Avatar I was just going to ask if any canucks ordered from the site...where are you in canada again? just wondering what you paid in the end, ie how much was exchange, tax, duty, and how long it took.

I still think this online ordering BS is just a fad and the internet will fade away in the next 5 years but what the heck I may give'er a try... ;)

Tryska
01-04-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
yeah i was on a totally poo-crappy site,
of which i shall never return and i now have much spite.

i believe i shall purchase this book, ole' girl T.
And hopefully i shall have it within weeks, three.

enough of you and the rhyming couplets!
this is more painful than birthing octuplets.
your rhyming ways are driving me insane.
purple! orange!
break the cycle or i'll pull it again. tuttut

01-04-2002, 12:32 PM
I ordered the book off www.bodybuilding.com for $28.98 US.

Along with the book I bought 2 bottles of Adipo and 2 bottles of Gugglbolics, along with a free T-Shirt, and free lifting straps (gotta type the sentence "Free Lifting Straps!" in the comment box to receive them).

Shipment took 2 weeks to come in but that was also during the x-mas holidays so it arrived on good time. What surprised me was I had to pay no duty because in the invoice sticker on the outside, the company wrote that the box contained 1 book, 1 t-shirt, 1 pair of lifting straps. They didn't say anything about the supps.

So I was very pleased with the site and transaction and would order from there again in the future.

ElPietro
01-04-2002, 12:35 PM
:cool:

MonStar1023
01-04-2002, 01:07 PM
I would highly suggest the book to anyone curious about nutrition, hormones, etc.

Wizard
01-04-2002, 01:20 PM
I am curious.I am gonna buy it too... I have also seen a book titled "Know how".I don't remember the author's name but I have heard quite positive comments.

MonStar1023
01-04-2002, 01:22 PM
Wizard-
Whatsup bro? Whats is called "Know How"? Is it more of a dieting or training book or what?

:confused::confused:

Wizard
01-04-2002, 01:32 PM
www.donlemmon.com

I found it there.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Tryska

break the cycle or i'll pull it again. tuttut

oh my god, this is blatant incentive
tina, my dear, you must be demented
surely you know how much i enjoy
when you pull on my 'it', like a child with a toy
and then when we're done and i'm all nice and sore
you'll come on right back and do it some more!
you'll never quite stop me, i'm as tough as a tank
now excuse me for a while, i fancy a....glass of water.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-04-2002, 03:45 PM
it's paid for, it's ordered, it's out on it's way
i should be recieving it now anyday

Tryska
01-04-2002, 05:03 PM
*bangs head against the wall*

STOP the Madness.

incidentally the first one was quite well-fashioned.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Trina, my trina, i truely agree
the word is just 'ace' when it comes down to me
A sentence with 'fashion' will always include my name
i am always present with the glory and fame
And soon everyone will realise and completely agree
that when you hear the word 'ace' you'll think of me.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-04-2002, 05:09 PM
and when it comes to typos i'm never quite there
but typos = ace so i really don;t care.

Tryska
01-04-2002, 05:14 PM
word.

aeckhardt
01-06-2002, 10:42 AM
What is the bodybuilder's version that he talks about in his book? Is it just more fat to make up for the debit in calories?

Oh, and Tryska - It's palabra, not word. Um, Yo.

01-06-2002, 12:56 PM
more fat during down period, more carbs during carbload.

MonStar1023
01-07-2002, 06:54 PM
Damn I HOPE this diet is working because I feel so f*cking fat.. like fatter then Ive ever felt before...

Marcel
01-07-2002, 10:49 PM
Shiat...really Monstar? I feel better then ever on this diet!:D

mesmall
01-08-2002, 08:26 AM
O.K. i'm curious.....ordered the book yesterday:)

MonStar1023
01-09-2002, 06:42 AM
Marcel-
Check out my journal bro. Its not a big deal. I think its just when I take in false carbs.. like maltitol etc. that are in the low-carb protein bars today I feel really fat. Just my opinion.

:D:D

MonStar1023
02-18-2002, 01:47 PM
Just for the record....

So far I have been on NHE around 2 months... with 3 monster cheat days. Binging of course..

tuttuttuttut

But anyway.. just for the record after 2 months, I have lost 30 lbs. following NHE, while taking 4.5 inches off my waist!

I recommend this diet to everyone.

Qea
02-18-2002, 06:56 PM
congrats bro! keep it up

I agree, NHE is bomb for cutting

:clap:

MonStar1023
02-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Qea-
Yeah thanks bro. I really love it. I am going to be incorporating a supplement called Liquid Clenbutrx too.. which I think will help me lose another few pounds and hopefully shred me even more. I am still carrying some fat...