PDA

View Full Version : why natty pb?

Wild Cat McCane
04-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Is the partially hydrogenated veg oil in the not natural peanut butter that bad for you?

In turns of bulking either would do right?

getfit
04-30-2005, 09:48 PM
yes,better off buying natty pb

Shao-LiN
04-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Is the partially hydrogenated veg oil in the not natural peanut butter that bad for you?

In turns of bulking either would do right?

You should avoid hyrogenated oils whether you're bulking or cutting. It's just not particularly healthy for you to ingest.

Built
04-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Basically, it's plasticized oil. I don't go near it.

Besides, natty PB is delicious. I like the salted one, Adam's crunchy.

tholian8
05-01-2005, 03:09 AM
Natty PB tastes way better and doesn't have any weird trans fat in it. It also doesn't have any sugar which can be important for those of us who are carb sensitive.

I can't wait until I lose some of this weight so I can have natty PB again. It's been months.

dissipate
05-01-2005, 04:16 AM
Besides, natty PB is delicious. I like the salted one, Adam's crunchy.
ME TOO!!

after eating natty PB, you'll find the taste of unnatural PB very weird and plastic and just ugh.

spencerjrus
05-01-2005, 04:53 AM
ME TOO!!

after eating natty PB, you'll find the taste of unnatural PB very weird and plastic and just ugh.

ya natty tastes good.

Dedicated
05-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Natty peanut butter is better for you yes but it really does not make a huge difference. If for some reason you cannot stand the taste just use regular peanut butter.

Personally I eat both, natty and regular peanut butter.

But yea, if you have to choose, go with natty.

ReelBigFish
05-01-2005, 02:23 PM
According to USDA reports, Reg. peanut butter doesn't contain as much Trans Fat as everyone claims. It is said that they do contain a little bit of hyrdo. oils but its so little that the labels will say 0g Trans Fat. While it is the gov't and they are known for lying, I would say that the reason I wouldn't eat reg. pb is more for the amount of refined sugars. But i guess if you eat the whole jar of reg. PB a week then the amount of Trans Fats would add up.
here's a site that shows what i'm talking about. could be bull****, but who knows.
http://www.peanut-institute.org/070303_PR.html

spencerjrus
05-01-2005, 02:30 PM
It is said that they do contain a little bit of hyrdo. oils

If by "little bit" they mean "alot", then yes.

ReelBigFish
05-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah that's why i said its prolly bull**** but we have no real way of finding out.