PDA

View Full Version : Help me get cut!

Potato!
05-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Hi this is my first post & I'll keep it as brief as possible. I want to see if I'm eating the right number of calories and in reasonable proportions in order to cut my bf. Prot/Carb/Fat = 40/40/20 %

Currently 180, 14% bf. Goal 9% bf, without losing too much muscle.

I'm naturally very active (do a lot of cardio), so I'm trying to figure out how much each active burns.

Hockey (competitive) - 1 hour game = 600 cals? (3 games/week)
V-ball (semi-competitive) - 1 hour = 400 cals? ( Once / week)
Baseball (not too competitive) - 2 hour = 300 cals? (Once / week)
Ride to work & back - 1 hour = 500 cals? ( 3 days/ week)
Weight Training - 1 hour = ??? ( 3 times / week)
Running - Usually 3 mile runs = 500 Cals ( 3 times / week)

So I figure excluding activities (basal rate/walking around the office, etc), I burn about 2000 cals??? Should I just add whatever activities I do that day to this number, and then subtract 500 (In order to do the cutting)?

Furthermore, do I need to adjust my caloric intake daily, or is it okay to just base it on my average daily activities. (ie. Sunday, I probably only weight train, but Monday I'll ride to work & back and have hockey.)

I know it's a lot of questions, but the bottom line is how many calories should I eat a day? If you can help me, that'd be awesome. Thanks

Praetorian
05-01-2005, 02:26 AM
Basically weigh yourself, then keep track of what you eat for a week, see if you have gained or maintained your weight and finally reduce your total cal consumption by ~ 200 /day and see where that takes you after a week.