PDA

View Full Version : Creatine while cutting?

1r15h
05-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Im currently 3 to 4 weeks into a cut, and losing quite well, albeit some mass though im happy with the amount im holding and have had a small loss in strength.
My question is, would taking creatine during my cut negate the effect I am after with my cut ie. appearing ripped, defined? From what i am led to believe the creatine promotes water retention which surely would not be good if I am after that ripped look? although the strength gains I feel while on creatine make it slightly tempting.
Any input would be appreciated

Dedicated
05-01-2005, 07:27 AM
The problem is you "might" gain some water weight when you go on creatine. This can throw you off because you won't be sure if it was the creatine that made you gain/maintain weight or if it is your diet. After a few weeks though I would think you would be back to normal.

Personally I do not use creatine on a cut. I have used it and it threw me off for like 2 weeks. Also I never noticed any huge impact with creatine.

Edit: And that is great your cut is going well. Keep it up!

1r15h
05-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Thank you for the input mate, I used it on a bulk and ended up like the marshmallow man though after stopping it for 3 weeks or so the water weight seemed to drop off.
Its nice to keep a close eye on things while cutting and I didnt thik the creatine would have been much of a help in that respect.

thanks again

Shao-LiN
05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
It's fine to use on a cut. People are disheartened when they look at the scale and don't see the pounds coming off, but if you're seeing improvements in the mirror, then you're still making progress.

1r15h
05-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Ty Grasshoppa :)