PDA

View Full Version : Rip my diet up for me

Geeper
05-01-2005, 10:15 AM
OK, 6', 192 pounds, roughly 13% body fat looking to hit the under 10% crowd... here's my daily diet for the last few weeks (sunday's are exceptions)

7:00
1 cup oats
1 scoop whey
1/2 cup 1% milk

9:30
Met-rx shake
1 cup milk

12:00
1 cup oats
1 scoop whey
1/2 cup milk

workout

post workout
1 scoop whey
1 cup milk

3:00
5 oz chicken breast

5:00
1 1/2 cups brown rice

5 oz chicken breast

Totals
1900 cals 51 % protein, 34% carbs, 15% fat

Shao-LiN
05-01-2005, 11:29 AM
From first glance, I'm not seeing any good fat sources.

danlifter
05-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Dont take milk and whey post workout, you want the protein to digest fast, and the milk will slow it down.

ReelBigFish
05-01-2005, 01:41 PM
OK, 6', 192 pounds, roughly 13% body fat looking to hit the under 10% crowd... here's my daily diet for the last few weeks (sunday's are exceptions)

1 cup oats
1 scoop whey
1/2 cup 1% milk
(Looks good)
9:30
Met-rx shake
1 cup milk
(Dont know how much sugar is in those shakes but should be alright. If you could get some reg. food then do it.)
12:00
1 cup oats
1 scoop whey
1/2 cup milk
(Go for some slower digesting protein, whey will run right through you. Some chicken, tuna, lean beef or something. Get some EFA's in here too.)
workout

post workout
1 scoop whey
1 cup milk
( I would drop the milk and go for some oats and a banana. Of course that depends on if you want a PWO spike. If you do get some malto and dextrose. Might wanna up that to 2 scoops of whey unless there is a lot in one scoop.)
3:00
5 oz chicken breast
You need some carbs in here. Your PPWO meal should have good carbs and protein. Take your rice from 5:00 and eat it all at once. Veggies too
5:00
1 1/2 cups brown rice
(move up and have another small meal here. Some tuna or chicken and some veggies in here too. Need some EFA's here.
5 oz chicken breast
EFA' here as well to help slow down digestion. Personally i would have some cottage cheese since Casien(the protein in cott. cheese) is very slow digesting and you can make it pretty tasty. But the chicken is fine.

Totals
1900 cals 51 % protein, 34% carbs, 15% fat
Look at my changes and see if you can do that.

Potato!
05-01-2005, 01:49 PM
A couple of comments from someone who hasn't been lifting too long, but knows a little something about nutrition:

1) I think it would be better if you got some Prot,Fat & Carbs @ every meal. Your last 3 meals are strictly either carbs or protein. IMO it would be best if you got the right proportion of these 3 macronutrients at each of your 7 meals. It's difficult, so you can only do your best.

2) How much cardio do you do? If you do 3 or 4 30min sessions + your 3 workouts a week, you might need more calories. You've gotta be careful to eat enough calories to keep your metabolism up.

3) How about taking some protein right before bed? Can you fit that in?

4) More veggies? You have none in your diet. You can substitute some cooked/fresh veggies for some of your rice.

I'm currently cutting too, I'm 6', 182lbs, and I aim for 2200 cals/day. (I also do a lot of cardio/play a lot of sports). I aim for a prot/Carb/Fat breakdown of 40%/40%/20%. I always take protein before bed, because I want to cut, but just as importantly I want to lose as little muscle as possible. I'm not neccesarily sure that what I'm doing right now is correct, but it seems pretty good so far.

Keep on cutting!

Geeper
05-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Keep the suggestions coming---

Potato!- I try not to take in carbs after a certain point in the day, (there's plently to read about that stuff on this site and all around the net) and 7:00pm is that latest I can eat due to meds I have to take before bed, so that's my last protien of the day. I'm not too worried about my metabolism slowing down, because I have no metabolism anymore, it's sythetic, I have no thyroid anymore, thus my body has no natural metab, it's all drug controlled. (The whole thyroid thing does make it VERY hard to cut without just swallowing a lot of extra meds, but I'm determinded to try)

ReelBigFish- I know, I know..EFS's gotta change that! and the Met-rx aren't that bad

danlifter- Thanks... that's something I've gotten in the habit of doing from other whey snacks in the past and not wanting it to absorb right away, it's totally dumb to do it right after working out, sometimes you just need someone else to point out the stupid things you're doing.

to everyone- I HATE veggies!