PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Bulking Diet

DannyboyXJ
05-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Alright. I'm trying to eat as much as possible. It's hard though since I'm not USED to eating so much.

Breakfast: Three egg (2 whites and one white w/ yolk) sandwich: tons of lunchmeat ham and one slice of American cheese. A piece of WW (whole wheat) toast or a package of instant oatmeal. One glass of 100% OJ + one glass of skim milk (probably 16+ oz in each glass).

Mid-morning: A granola bar (all natural one; not like Quaker or some crap) + some fruit or pretzels and a bottle of water. I'm at school so eating "good" is sometimes hard; just EATING is hard enough.

Lunch: Big sandwich: (2 pcs of WW bread, piece of cheese, a tiny bit of mayo, tons of ham, 2 pcs of salami). A banana, some Dole fruit cups, pretzels, 2 pints of 1% milk)

Mid-afternoon: Come home from school and eat a decent sized bowl of Wheat/Rice Chex or Raisin Bran cereal with a ton of skim milk

---Work Out till 5-something. Then I take a protein shake (32g. of protein)

Dinner (usually a couple hours after the shake): depends. I usually eat whatever my parents make as long as it's REAL food (not frozen stuff). Usually they make chicken breast casseroles, grilled chicken breasts, lean-beef hamburgers, etc. If they aren't making anything, I usually resort to some Gordon's Fish Filets (awesome), tuna, soup, turkey chili, etc. SOMETHING with protein + some vegetables and of course, tons of milk.

A couple hours before bed: Usually a peanut butter waffle or toast (100% all natural peanut butter).

Well, that's my diet most of the time. The only meal that fluctuates from day to day is dinner. Most everything else is usually the same.

I don't know calories or anything, but does it look like I'm getting enough? Am I getting enough protein? I don't see how I couldn't be; I drink TONS of milk a day (probably around 3/4 a gal. a day) I only weigh 150 right now and my BF is quite low.

Thanks.

--Dan.

Will.S
05-03-2005, 12:23 AM
I think you are not getting enough carbs, and possibly too much fats. (the cheese and the salami. Try to flesh out your day with a few bagels (48g carbs), and I really would follow post workout with a high protein, high carb shake. Adittionally, its worth cooking for yourself on an evening. I do it all the time, and although its a pain to always eat 100g rice, chicken breast and 300g veg, its worth it in the long run, as you know the exact nutritional profile of these foods.

ReelBigFish
05-03-2005, 06:30 AM
I have to disagree with that. I think he gets plenty of carbs,all the fruit, bread, juice, milk, cereal, waffles.

zer06ame
05-03-2005, 06:39 AM
just reading your diet is making me hungry (even though i just drank a protein shake and am eating a bananna as i'm typing this). it looks good to me, i wish i wasn't so lazy and would make the sandwhichs you make...i don't think i've ate more than 3 sandwhiches that weren't pb/pb&j in the last 3 months

DannyboyXJ
05-03-2005, 08:49 AM
I think I'm getting enough carbs during the day since I drink tons of milk and eat at least 4 piece of WW bread a day...

You think I should ease off on the fats (less cheese and no salami)? I don't think it's a problem; I'm not gaining any visual body fat? I've been eating this for about 2 weeks so we'll see. Plus, I don't really eat much snacks (maybe a couple chips or ONE Oreo or something if I'm really craving). Plus, I usually drink skim/1% milk and use only 1 egg yolk so I'm not getting a TON of fat from these two things.

Also, I think that I'll definitely start taking a shake after working out; the shakes give protein but they only leave me full for around an hour... What are some good recipes that you all recommend? I've got a good sized blender so I can mix pretty much anything.

I figure some oats, milk, peanut butter, whey protein, ??? What other ingredients? How much of each? What kind of nutrition facts does something like this offer?

Thanks.

--Dan.

Will.S
05-03-2005, 09:01 AM
you could mix your own, or just have a protein shake and follow it with a few bananas. Personally, I just take promass. Its easy and it tastes awsome.

The_Jester
05-03-2005, 06:21 PM
do you know exactly how much protein, carbs, fat you're getting? I have mine figured I'm supposed to be getting 300 g of protein, 300 g of carbs, and 70 g of fat for my bulking diet. Is that anywhere close, I'm looking to gain weight.

Source for diet :http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/bodybuilding-supplements-guides/weight-lifting-workout-guide-5.htm
Weight Training Program, Weight Training Exercise, and Weight Training Routine

brewski053
05-03-2005, 07:12 PM
do you know exactly how much protein, carbs, fat you're getting? I have mine figured I'm supposed to be getting 300 g of protein, 300 g of carbs, and 70 g of fat for my bulking diet. Is that anywhere close, I'm looking to gain weight.

Source for diet :http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/bodybuilding-supplements-guides/weight-lifting-workout-guide-5.htm
Weight Training Program, Weight Training Exercise, and Weight Training Routine

isnt there some good info in that sticky about what a BB eats, as well as some good training articles about bulking