PDA

View Full Version : Losing that last little bit of fat..

Bryan
12-04-2001, 07:22 PM
Well Ive been working out for the last 4 months or so. I went from 24%ish bodyfat down to 13-14% now. But I still have a little bit of fat around my stomach that I really want to get rid of. I'm currently doing cardio 3 times a week for 30 mins. Plus I lift 3 times a week. I have a very clean diet also. But this last bit of fat is really being a bitch hehe. Any ideas or tips? Maybe I should just keep doing what I'm doing and let it slowly melt off?

Thanks
Bryan

codei
12-04-2001, 10:34 PM
im in the same boat as you are, ive improved myself greatly over the past few months and look pretty good too... aside from this last bit of jello in the belly. ive just started really trying to get rid of it via being incredibly strict w/my diet and doubling my amount of cardio. you will have to give it a little time though, it wont disappear overnight (unfortunately). depending on how flabby you were before your skin might be kinda loose too

Budiak
12-05-2001, 01:46 AM
Take into account your diet and all of the little things that you eat that are holding that chub. Dairy, sugars, sodium, etc. There is a reason bodybuilders live off of skinless chicken breasts, rice, and water for half the year.

codei
12-05-2001, 02:22 AM
very good point

Bryan
12-05-2001, 07:18 AM
Has anybody ever tried these fat burners like Hydroxcut etc?
Do they work?

ElPietro
12-05-2001, 07:26 AM
I think I posted a response to this in your thread in training, on cycling fat loss...if you lose weight you need to adjust your diet...bit more detailed in the other thread...mebbe someone else will add their two cents.

gopro
12-05-2001, 07:46 AM
You may want to try adding in an extra day of cardio or add about 15 minutes to each session. Make sure you are doing your cardio on an empty stomach as well. I don't know what your diet is like, but you could try to drop your carbs down real low...50 grams or less...every 3 days or so. Sometimes that will do the trick.

ericg
12-05-2001, 08:35 AM
Nto sure the details of your diet, but i will add my thoughts for what its worth....

Great job on losing all that fat!!

Lets say that 4 months ago your weight was 200lbs (@ 24% that would be 48lbs of fat and 152 LBM) and your were consuming 2500 cals a day; now today you weigh 173 (still 152 LBM but down to 21lbs fat = 14%bf); since your body weight has dropped your calories should lower as well, you need less calories to fuel your smaller/leaner body. So in order to keep losing the fat you need to keep the caloric deficit; do this by either lowering your calories or adding cardio.

Hope this all makes sense!!!

Bryan
12-05-2001, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the input guys, currently I have a pretty clean diet I avoid simple sugars like the plague =P. Though I do eat fruit I'm going to try and reduce my carbs for the next few weeks, maybe 3-4 days a week but I need some carbs becasue I lift pretty intensively. I only have about a little fat on my belly thats hiding my abs thats all I want to get rid of =).

Thanks
Bryan

gopro
12-06-2001, 06:50 AM
Take out the fruit and add an equal amount of oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, or wheat pasta...fruit can keep that last bit of fat on you.