PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins

canadianbuilder
05-04-2005, 10:47 PM
I looked around and didn't see anything simular...

Is there a chart somewhere that could tell me how much of each vitamins, minerals, and all that stuff that I need to keep healthy? I know I could take a multi-vitamin, but I don't know if they meet what I need... would it be different if I am bulking vs. cutting? So basically I want to know how much of each thing I need per day...so I can be more healthy... and I don't have a multi-vitamin, so if I know how much I need...I can compare that to what each ddifferent multi-vitamin has in it.

I hope that made sense...Thanks guys!

abman
05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
You could try using www.fitday.com. You put your food intake in item by item and then you can see a breakdown of calories, nutrients, vitamin/minerals, balance of carbs/fat/protein, etc. Takes a while to use at first but it stores your inputs so is quicker next time round.
Worth trying, and its free.

canadianbuilder
05-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Alrght I will check that site out in a minute. Thanks!

Optimum08
05-07-2005, 07:24 PM
bulking cutting doesn't matter...take a multi-vit year round...there is no set amount of each vitamin or mineral u need etc. depending on your diet...so At Large's Multi Plus is a good multi to start with...personally i could care less what brand my multi is...

spanky33
05-07-2005, 11:39 PM
i disagree, i dont think u need a multivitamin (unless u'r ****ing up your diet in some way)

here are the recommended intakes.
http://www.iom.edu/Object.File/Master/7/296/0.pdf

canadianbuilder
05-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks, saved that to my computer.

WBBIRL
05-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Id take one anyhow, a multi vitiamin cant hurt and Im sure have excess vitamins in your system cant hurt. Vitamin C is very helpful espically in the winter months, but in general a mutli vitamin will do alot more good then bad.

canadianbuilder
05-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Asked around and found out that water soluable vitamins-you can't get enough of them, if you eat a lot of V. C...it will just flush out, not hurt anything. But fat soluable vitamins-you can only have certain amounts...
I still need to research this...

canadianbuilder
05-13-2005, 08:23 PM
I don't know how WBB is with linking with other bodybuilding sites (competion against each other maybe?)
But I found this to tell me how much of almost everything (within reason) is in almost any food:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/nutrient.htm
When you click on a sub category (for example Fruits and fruit juices) it will open a new page with a (usually) HUGE list of almost every type of product. Then when you click on an item...say bananas, raw. It will open to a new page with the basic readings of total calories, then it shows cals from protein, carbs and fat (also shows how much protein, carbs and fat is in each item). Then if you want the vitamins and other stuff, it will have a heading called "Full Details
And Other Sizes" beside "Fat"...the underneath it it says view. Click view and it will show almost everything that is in the banana...

NOTE: I am not advertising or selling or whatever...just found this VERY useful, especially when you want to know exactly what is in what you are eating...

darius19
05-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Id take one anyhow, a multi vitiamin cant hurt and Im sure have excess vitamins in your system cant hurt. Vitamin C is very helpful espically in the winter months, but in general a mutli vitamin will do alot more good then bad.

Excess vitamins actualy can hurt your body and cause many problems. I think you need pretty large amounts in most cases, however a large amount of certain vitamins can cause pretty big problems...

janemorris
05-18-2005, 04:53 AM
hi here jane morris.vitemines are very important for our body.these vitemines come from different type of foods.Different type of foods having different type of vitemines.These Vitamins contain no useful energy for the body but they do link and regulate the sequence of metabolic reactions that release energy within the food we consume. Vitamins cannot be made in the body and must be obtained in our diet A well balanced diet provides an adequate quantity of all vitamins regardless of age and level of physical activity.
The recommended daily requirements for men, women are shown in the Table below. These requirements should be easily met if a balanced diet is adhered to; however, there are groups that may be at greater risk of developing vitamin deficiencies than others. These include those on restricted diets, patients who have digestive disorders that affect the absorption of fat, patients on lipid-lowering medication and those whose dietary choices are affected by financial or for conscientious reasons
For these groups there may be advantages in taking a general or specific vitamin supplement following advice from a doctor or nutritionist. However, for those on a balanced diet there is little to be gained from taking additional vitamins
Vitamin Men Women
A 0.7mg 0.6mg
B1 1.0mg 0.8mg
B2 1.3mg 1.1mg
Nicin 19mg 15mg
B6 1.4mg 1.2mg
Pantothenic acid 5mg 5mg
Folic acid 0.2mg 0.2mg
Biotin 0.03mg 0.1mg
B12 0.002mg 0.002mg
C 40mg 40mg
D 0.01mg 0.01mg
E 10mg 8mg
K 0.8mg 0.06g

Above table provides information how much vitemines are required for men and women on daily.
if you want more information related to vitemine then you can go through
a particular page http://www.hateweight.com/vitamins.html

Shao-LiN
05-18-2005, 07:58 AM

It is possible to OD vitamins.

Dedicated
05-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I looked around and didn't see anything simular...

Is there a chart somewhere that could tell me how much of each vitamins, minerals, and all that stuff that I need to keep healthy? I know I could take a multi-vitamin, but I don't know if they meet what I need... would it be different if I am bulking vs. cutting? So basically I want to know how much of each thing I need per day...so I can be more healthy... and I don't have a multi-vitamin, so if I know how much I need...I can compare that to what each ddifferent multi-vitamin has in it.

I hope that made sense...Thanks guys!

I take the following, and it's safe:

1 cheap multivitamin
6 fish oil caps (1 gram each)
400 UI Natural Vitamin E
500mg vitamin C

There are certain vitamins you gotta watch out for. But taking what I take you will be fine and the extra vitamin E and C is helpful I believe. Some people think that taking extra vitamin C does not help, but I disagree.

janemorris
12-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Xenical, the most renowned diet pill in the weight loss drug market is very potent in its action to enable people lose their weight in a very small time span. When we eat food our body functions somewhat like that- Enzymes present in your digestive system break down the fats that you eat into smaller molecules so they may be effortlessly absorbed further along the digestive process. Xenical (orlistat) connects to the enzymes and avert them from sinking the size of the fat particles. These bigger fat particles cannot be absorbed by the body and so pass through the bowel movement and are excreted in the faeces.

Xenical is recommended only for obese patients with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of equal to, or greater than 30. Or amongst patients with a BMI of equal to, or greater than 27 when other health problems like hypertension, diabetes or dyslipidermia are present. Xenical can be purchased online as well as from a local pharmacy. If you are not cool to visit a local pharmacy to buy xenical diet pills or you are very busy to visit it. You can opt to buy xenical online by using internet while sitting at your home rather than going out to visit a local pharmacy. Buying xenical online also provides you with an opportunity to choose from a number of vendors selling it at amazing discount offer to beat the competition in the weight loss drug market.

joelhall
12-09-2008, 11:14 AM
depending where you source your information (hopefully not from trolls) there are varying ideas on the rda (better described as minimum recommended daily intake) of each vitamin. these are the levels needed to prevent deficiency diseases. if you have a varied diet, you should be getting enough in, although often people fall short of specific vitamins such as vitamin c (its intake level is very variable, smokers and athletes for example require larger intakes) and, especially at this time of year, vitamin d. those who live in polluted areas also often do not get enough vitamin d due to particles in the air preventing the suns rays from hitting the skin.

a normal multi will help as a 'top-up' for you.

and yes, it is possible to have too much. its possible to have too much of anything (too much water will kill you). however, its highly unlikely that youll take in dangerous levels, if you do things properly.

a standard supplement of up to 100% of each rda (some will be under) is perfectly sufficient for those who are eating alot. save the 600% rda pills for those who suffer with a genuine deficiency disease.

Holto
12-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Good post Joe.

primal21
12-09-2008, 06:23 PM
spam

Plug your poppycock Xenical somewhere else