PDA

View Full Version : My secret weapon....

GMCtrk
05-05-2005, 12:56 PM
light kidney beans!!!

1 can has 420 cals and 24.5 grams of protein :)

I usually eat 2 cans at once. Just dump contents of can into pot, heat it up and then drain the liquid and put the beans in a bowl. Pour some olive oil and lemon juice on it and top it with some dill weed. Probably pretty damn close to a 1k cal meal and it tastes pretty damn good to me. it's peasant food though, so some of you may not like it

leanmuscle
05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
:fart: Watch out for you bro, you might hurt somebody.

GMCtrk
05-05-2005, 01:01 PM
:fart: Watch out for you bro, you might hurt somebody.

surprisingly, kidney beans dont give any gas at all. You would be pleasantly surprised if you try them

ReelBigFish
05-05-2005, 04:39 PM
You need some complete protein, I would rely on 24.5g per can of incomplete protein because then you have to hope you eat other of the right foods during the day to make them complete, otherwise the protein isn't synthesized.

spencerjrus
05-05-2005, 04:41 PM
You need some complete protein, I would rely on 24.5g per can of incomplete protein because then you have to hope you eat other of the right foods during the day to make them complete, otherwise the protein isn't synthesized.

All he has to do is eat one complete protein source sometime during the rest of the day and it will be fine, beans are a great way to get cheap cals/protein.