PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! : 2 Years since first post. My progress (Pictures)

dstruktiv
05-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey everybody, to sum everything up I believe my first post was sometime during September in 2003. I posted some pictures, my height, weight, and bench max just for basic advice. Well all though I took all of the summer off in 2004 due to studying in France, I worked out hard afterwards to get back to where I was. Here are my original photos from almost two years ago.

Relaxed & Flexed
http://giniro-oni.com/tim/misc/progress/5-05/2003relaxed.gif http://giniro-oni.com/tim/misc/progress/5-05/2003flexed.gif

Anyways here were are today and after one of the hardest workouts I've head in a longtime I felt motivated to post again. I am now 18 years old and I lift a lot more, but I feel I am still the exact same size. My weight has only incresed 10 lbs in almost two years, but my bench max has gone up 70 lbs. Today in the gym I was curling 105 lbs 3 sets, 10 reps. I took creatine, N02, and protein on and off but never saw great results. Maybe I have horrible genetics, my dad is about my size in average shape, but when I lift with my friends I feel out of place. I find myself lifting with guys who look twice my size. No one, including myself, understands how I can lift so much when I seem to be so small and not strong looking compared to everyone I lift with. (also I might note my left pec is noticably larger than my right although I don't notice much in strength differences. This is also something that really bothers me.)

Relaxed & Flexed
http://giniro-oni.com/tim/misc/progress/5-05/frontrelaxed.gif http://giniro-oni.com/tim/misc/progress/5-05/frontflexed.gif

Side Relaxed & Flexed
http://giniro-oni.com/tim/misc/progress/5-05/rightsiderelaxed.gif http://giniro-oni.com/tim/misc/progress/5-05/rightbicepflexed.gif
(also note I feel I have the most undefined triceps out of anyone I know. I work out on decline with about 205-225lbs, and I tricep press 80-90lbs, yet when the tricep is supposedly such a big muscle in the body, everyone I know has huge triceps and once I again I get stronger yet remain the exact same size.)

MORE POSES HERE (http://giniro-oni.com/tim/misc/progress/5-05/) (To view all angles)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe due to the fact that I started working out at 14, or even something else, I don't know. Also, I feel the pictures make me look somewhat bigger than in real life so try and look at all the photos to get an idea.

I don't think I'll ever stop working out, my goal is to hit 300 lbs on bench by June 1st which I think I will definitely get. However, I am extremely frustated because I have been working out for four years now and have gone from appx. a 125 lb bench max at age 14 to a 290 lb bench max four years later, yet I have only gained about 10-15 lbs, and currently I feel I'm about 5-10 lbs overweight because I have no way to get rid of my 'baby fat' stomach which I have had all my life, even thought I can feel (and occasionally) see major ab definition below the layer of 'pudge.'

Basically I'm just tired of everyone getting major mass gains and seeing myself remain the same size no matter what I do. I continue to lift more and more and mainly more than my friends who are twice my size. This may sound stupid, but it's just discouraging I guess. I've been trying so hard for so long, but all I do is get stronger and not bigger. Maybe some will be angry that I am complaining about getting stronger, but I guess you'd just have to see me in person to understand how I feel. I guess I'd rather lift less and be a bit larger and more defined, but I doubt I'll ever get there.

Any of you out there with the same situation or experience, please help me out. At this point I'll try anything. I'll be at NYU in the fall, and I really don't want to go to college at the size I'm at. Ideally one day I'd like to be at (and maintain) a lean weight of 180-185 lbs with good definiton and tone. I'm just afraid this might not happen. Thanks guys, I'm really looking for your help.

Tim

dstruktiv
05-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh and yeah ignore the scratches, I had a bit of a motorcycle accident but it's healing up good. I still had a great workout today without too much pain on the deeper scratches.

Slim Schaedle
05-05-2005, 08:07 PM
And the million dollar question......................

What's your diet like?

Shao-LiN
05-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Good progress...what's the squat max?

bigpoppapump979
05-05-2005, 08:18 PM
you look...flat. no depth, no thickness. lets see your diet

dstruktiv
05-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Slim Schaedle: I know my diet is somewhat responsible, but I eat two protein shakes everday, eat steak or chicken with vegetables for dinner every night (I hate all fish, sucks but I can't even force myself to swallow it down, trust me I've tried.) And sometimes when I'm motivated I eat 3-4 eggs in the morning and lunch is pretty much always a chicken sandwhich. I probably don't have enough protein intake, but asides from that I eat a lot of carbs and a decent amount of protein and have truly seen no size increases and only strength gains.

Shao-LiN:About 300-315. Last year 315 was my max but I had an ankle injury and couldn't work out my quads. Right now its probably about the same I work out with like 250-275lbs but I don't focus too much on my squats right now because I still have some ankle pain and I have decent muscle size.

spencerjrus
05-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Eat more food, when you start gaining weight eat the same amount of food. When you stop gaining, eat more.

smalls
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Slim Schaedle: I know my diet is somewhat responsible, but I eat two protein shakes everday, eat steak or chicken with vegetables for dinner every night (I hate all fish, sucks but I can't even force myself to swallow it down, trust me I've tried.) And sometimes when I'm motivated I eat 3-4 eggs in the morning and lunch is pretty much always a chicken sandwhich. I probably don't have enough protein intake, but asides from that I eat a lot of carbs and a decent amount of protein and have truly seen no size increases and only strength gains.

You have answered your own question. As for genetics, from your first pics when you where 16, and your lack of quality food I would put you very high on the ladder, your shoulders and basic shape alone would allow you to hold tons of size. You need to eat more, plain and simple. Putting on only 10lbs in 2 years has very little to do with your routine. Your wasting time right now reading this, turn off the computer and go eat. How bout add some calories to that chicken and veggies, your not a fitness model right?

dissipate
05-05-2005, 09:30 PM
:withstupi

dstruktiv
05-05-2005, 09:36 PM
smalls: no, i'm by no means a fitness model, haha. yah i guess i realize i should be eating more put i find it hard to get 180+ grams of protein in each day. With two protein shakes a day thats about 50 grams, on average every day i get about 40 grams at dinner, I can get about 30 grams at lunch, and then if I have time to eat breakfast (7:00 class) I'm guessing 3-4 eggs is probably about 20-25grams of protein.. even still thats only about 140... 50 grams more is almost a whole nother meal and I really just flat out don't have enough time to eat that much, nor the funds to buy stuff that is easy to take whenever like potentially 3 protein shakes a day or protein bars when you can't eat real food. I know tuna is also a must but I really can't swallow it down. I've tried salmon, sushi, white fish, deep fried, tuna with tons of mayo, everything. I take one bite and can't force myself to eat more. It might be a reaction but my body honestly will not let me eat fish. It sucks for protein intake but I'm sure there are other ways to get the protein intake. I just haven't found one that works with my resources and my schedule.

On the otherhand I assume genetics must play some role because I eat just about as much as some of my friends who are twice my size. Maybe its my metabolism or other factors but I guess I need to find some advantage to get more protein and carb intake. (I do eat bread like a fiend though..)

smalls
05-05-2005, 09:47 PM
smalls: no, i'm by no means a fitness model, haha. yah i guess i realize i should be eating more put i find it hard to get 180+ grams of protein in each day. With two protein shakes a day thats about 50 grams, on average every day i get about 40 grams at dinner, I can get about 30 grams at lunch, and then if I have time to eat breakfast (7:00 class) I'm guessing 3-4 eggs is probably about 20-25grams of protein.. even still thats only about 140... 50 grams more is almost a whole nother meal and I really just flat out don't have enough time to eat that much, nor the funds to buy stuff that is easy to take whenever like potentially 3 protein shakes a day or protein bars when you can't eat real food. I know tuna is also a must but I really can't swallow it down. I've tried salmon, sushi, white fish, deep fried, tuna with tons of mayo, everything. I take one bite and can't force myself to eat more. It might be a reaction but my body honestly will not let me eat fish. It sucks for protein intake but I'm sure there are other ways to get the protein intake. I just haven't found one that works with my resources and my schedule.

I'm being straightforward here, not rude. If you continue to make excuses (time, money, taste aversions) you will continue to make even less progress. Protien, while important, is not your problem. You sound like your eating next to nothing bro, seriously if 180g is hard then your total cals are probably rediculously low. Total caloric intake is the culprit behind your lack of size gains. How many cals are you taking in per day? Also your not mentioning fats, you NEED them to grow. Again, put some food in your mouth, now.

On the otherhand I assume genetics must play some role because I eat just about as much as some of my friends who are twice my size. Maybe its my metabolism or other factors but I guess I need to find some advantage to get more protein and carb intake. (I do eat bread like a fiend though..)[/QUOTE]

Your genetics are not the problem, your diet is. 100%.

dstruktiv
05-05-2005, 09:53 PM
So would you recommend an average day of eating for me should be to make the intake numbers I need for protein, fats, calories, etc. By the way I posted on the forums to ask advice. I've been trying for four years now. If I haven't gained weight, yes it is my fault, but if I didn't know what I was doing was wrong, how could I change. Sorry if you think I'm making excuses because if thats what I wanted to do I have no idea why I would even be posting here. I'm just trying to find out what I'm doing wrong, and I see that you find that its my diet to blame. Thats exactly why I was asking. Now I have to find out how I can improve my diet, what is good to eat, what times are optimal for eating (as I have heard eating right before you go to bed is a must). I'm trying, even if I was trying with the wrong method for some time now.

Built
05-05-2005, 10:11 PM
How about cottage cheese? I eat lots of cottage cheese, chop up an apple, spoonful of natty PB, it's pretty good.

And cheap.

I'm a chick, and I eat more protein than you.

You've got a great base, you've packed on some NICE shoulders.

You just need to eat.

Oh, and try between-bench dips for tris. I do mine with two plates on my lap, and my tris have never looked better.

dissipate
05-05-2005, 10:11 PM
yes, you definitely need to eat more than you burn and meet your intake levels to grow. eating a lot of bread won't help much. 10lb in 2 years is really extremely little weight gain for that amount of time.

for food you can eat, check out the "what a bodybuilder eats" sticky in the nutrition section.

MnM
05-05-2005, 10:42 PM
kick backs might help you shape your tri's too

Built
05-05-2005, 10:51 PM
kick backs?

smalls
05-05-2005, 11:18 PM
So would you recommend an average day of eating for me should be to make the intake numbers I need for protein, fats, calories, etc. By the way I posted on the forums to ask advice. I've been trying for four years now. If I haven't gained weight, yes it is my fault, but if I didn't know what I was doing was wrong, how could I change. Sorry if you think I'm making excuses because if thats what I wanted to do I have no idea why I would even be posting here. I'm just trying to find out what I'm doing wrong, and I see that you find that its my diet to blame. Thats exactly why I was asking. Now I have to find out how I can improve my diet, what is good to eat, what times are optimal for eating (as I have heard eating right before you go to bed is a must). I'm trying, even if I was trying with the wrong method for some time now.

I wasnt trying to come off as rude, just blunt so you got the point, which you obviously did. The thread "what a bodybuilder eats" as dissapate stated is a good start. But you have to be able to eat more than your burn which means eating until you are gaining weight. So track calories and if your not gaining weight add 100-200 per day. I would start with around 3500 cals and go from their. Just keep it at, now you know what you where missing and you have no where to go but up. Seriously you've got plenty of potential, now you can make it happen.

Also, dont just drink a protein shake, drink a shake with 2-3 cups of milk+oatmeal mixed in and some olive oil.

rinkrat
05-06-2005, 12:00 AM
I got 20-30 pounds to spare, want some? :)
I think you look great personally and like everyone before me said "EAT EAT EAT" :)
Looking good and good luck!

Girn
05-06-2005, 12:22 AM
u look pretty much the exact same when u were 16.. i think u should just eat more and then ull see the effects

HILL
05-06-2005, 02:24 AM
i was like this a year ago i was training hard getting stronger but no size. why because i wasnt eating now ive put about 14 pound on since i started bulking 4 weeks ago i used to think bloody hell geting 200g of protein is hard now im getting 300 plus easy this site helped loads just by researching . ive found high calorie shakes to be my best friend

Bravo
05-06-2005, 04:15 AM
u look pretty much the exact same when u were 16.. i think u should just eat more and then ull see the effects

You are giving advice? Do you have a multiple-personality problem or something?

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=64180

HILL
05-06-2005, 06:54 AM
lol

PrinterPaper
05-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Wow, exactly the same boat except I might have gained even less than you in the last two years. I too am signficantly stronger than people my size and as strong as some people quite a bit bigger. And I agree I'd love to give up some of the strength in exchange for size.

Of course, everyone is right that diet is the culprit, as in not eating enough. However, I do understand that it is difficult. I eat considerably more than people my size and usually more than those that are bigger than I. It is incredibly frustrating. For myself, I'm not sure I'll ever end up eating more than I do now, but I figure my metabolism will slow down a bit at some point.

I'd thought I'd post to commiserate.

Good luck

Gabrielle
05-08-2005, 09:29 AM
like smalls and others have said. Revamp your diet and training routine. At 16 you had amazing potential and you still do that. Take advantage of your genetics and bust your ass. You need to develop a plan. Either bulk up or get ripped, then clean bulk. We have a great journal section on this board where you can track your progress and get unbiased feedack from the community. I understand about time issues, but a vast majority of people on this board are students and juggle jobs. Get'r dun

dstruktiv
05-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Well I didn't eat that great today but I started a Fitday journal and I am going to start trying to eat eat eat eat. I have a really high metabolism and I now realize how many calories I am burning in the gym even if its only for one hour of lifting. I hope this journal is going to encourage me to eat me and I am trying to set myself into a routine. We will see in a few weeks if I am doing something right for once.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=dstruktiv

Shark
05-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Honestly, these kind of post confuse the **** out of me but I guess everyone has different problems. I could gain 20 pounds in a month without trying that hard. It takes all my time and concentration for me to not let me weight get out of control yet here's a guy who has gained 10 pounds in 2 years and wants to get bigger! Where is the logic in all of this?

Built
05-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Your May 9th fitday.
Cals....fat....carb....protein

Not meaning to be a downer here son, but... honey, your diet SUCKS!

Potato chips, nachos, and peanut butter crackers? Strawberry YoCrunch, chewy granola, peanut butter and jelly?

Buddy, you need MEAT! Cottage cheese! Egg whites!

Eat more protein! Like, TWICE as much!

I usually get in about 200g a day, all 136 odd pounds of me.

Glad you started using fitday. Lets get your diet cleaned up, okay?

dstruktiv
05-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Oh I know my diet sucks, I guess it was just putting some of it into fitday to realize how much it sucks. Yesterday was just a test run though, I didn't eat anything all day due to finals from 7:30 - 4:30 and work from 5:00-8:00 and gym from 8:30-9:30 . I ate junk because thats all I could find rushing to class and rushing to work. Today I woke up early and tried to get a good start. Last night right before I went to bed I ate a low fat yogurt and downed a protein shake. This morning, I made two natural peanut butter sandwiches, and put about 2 cups of low salt cashews and roasted nuts into a plastic tub. This morning I ate a 25g protein shake and had a low fat yougurt at 7:30. I ate the first sandwich at about 8:30 and ate another yougurt at 9:30. at 10:30 i get a break for lunch so Ill get two chicken sandwiches (a little on the fatty side considering their school provided but still high in protein) and then when i get home from school at about 3 i will have another protein shake and maybe some eggs. Dinner will probably be steak, potatoes and salad tonight . and then protein shake and whatever else i can down before i go to sleep. i hope my fitday will be better today. i am trying!

ecliptic
05-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh I know my diet sucks, I guess it was just putting some of it into fitday to realize how much it sucks. Yesterday was just a test run though, I didn't eat anything all day due to finals from 7:30 - 4:30 and work from 5:00-8:00 and gym from 8:30-9:30 . I ate junk because thats all I could find rushing to class and rushing to work. Today I woke up early and tried to get a good start. Last night right before I went to bed I ate a low fat yogurt and downed a protein shake. This morning, I made two natural peanut butter sandwiches, and put about 2 cups of low salt cashews and roasted nuts into a plastic tub. This morning I ate a 25g protein shake and had a low fat yougurt at 7:30. I ate the first sandwich at about 8:30 and ate another yougurt at 9:30. at 10:30 i get a break for lunch so Ill get two chicken sandwiches (a little on the fatty side considering their school provided but still high in protein) and then when i get home from school at about 3 i will have another protein shake and maybe some eggs. Dinner will probably be steak, potatoes and salad tonight . and then protein shake and whatever else i can down before i go to sleep. i hope my fitday will be better today. i am trying!

I actually think its cool that you are a newbie to the forums and you are actually trying. I gotta give you props for that, most people don't take the advice of starting a fitday journal. You seem to take the criticism well, but remember its all constructive and these guys are just tryin to help ya out. Don't give up man.

HahnB
05-10-2005, 10:10 AM

If you want to get serious your day should revolve around your diet. I schedule my classes so I'll have time to eat between them, atleast once. Finals from 7:30-4:30, did you have like 6 finals in 1 day? Eating junk before class is no excuse because a shake takes about 1 minute to make. Your diet today sounds good, but don't just make a protein shake with water and protein, that's hardly any calories. Use peanut butter, olive oil, oats, flax oil. The biggest problem newbies have with diet, even once they have a diet plan-is inconsistency. It's not going to do you very much good sticking to your diet 3 days a week-everyday should be in check.

chris6969
05-10-2005, 12:01 PM
weighted dips (heavy) = best! I also like rope pushdowns (2nd favorite)

When ever I do dips, my triceps strength and size blow up.

mega
05-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Don't take the protein shakes and pretend "well, that's my meal!" NO. Take a protein shake, and an hour later, eat some eggs, yogurt, and a bagel. Also, try using warm water with your protein shake, and double your scoops (40g), helps it dissolve better. I do 40g shake when I wake up, eat 20g more an hour later eat, eat 20g lunch, 20g shake before workout, 40g after workout, and then eat a 40g steak dinner an hour later. I skipped over the small highprotein/lowfat snacks I chew on all day. I was the skinniest guy in my school, I wasn't even over 100lbs in weight in 8th grade, I swore I could never gain weight.

If you've been in the gym for 2 years and have only gained 10 pounds, it's your diet. If you eat a lot of food each day (don't skip days because you are tired or not hungry), you'll gain weight.

Gyno Rhino
05-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Eat more. Post later.