PDA

View Full Version : Cottage Cheese

Jensen
05-06-2005, 01:10 AM
How do you guys eat this stuff? I can't bare eating it straight. Any suggestions?

Built
05-06-2005, 01:32 AM
With a chopped up apple or pear, handful of pecans, walnuts, almonds, and a spoonful of natty pb

If you can afford the calories, try blending it with dextrose and lemon or lime juice and a few shreds of peel. Tastes like cheesecake.

Or make it into pancakes/waffles - cup each cc, eggwhite, oats. 1/3 cup splenda, teaspoon baking powder, half teaspoon salt, cinnamon if you want. I blend in a date for a little sweetness. I posted it up somewhere in the recipe thread, with macros.

Whole recipe is about 80g each carb and protein, trace fat.

They're wonderful.

Jensen
05-06-2005, 01:35 AM
With a chopped up apple or pear, handful of pecans, walnuts, almonds, and a spoonful of natty pb

If you can afford the calories, try blending it with dextrose and lemon or lime juice and a few shreds of peel. Tastes like cheesecake.

Or make it into pancakes/waffles - cup each cc, eggwhite, oats. 1/3 cup splenda, teaspoon baking powder, half teaspoon salt, cinnamon if you want. I blend in a date for a little sweetness. I posted it up somewhere in the recipe thread, with macros.

Whole recipe is about 80g each carb and protein, trace fat.

They're wonderful.

I love cheescake! Which means I'll definately give that a try. I'll try the pancakes too. Thanks.

spencerjrus
05-06-2005, 01:57 AM
How do you guys eat this stuff?

Straight out of the container, its actually one of my favorite foods, just make sure its not the fat free stuff though, I cant even look at that.

getfit
05-06-2005, 01:59 AM
i used to eat loads of cottage cheese usually mix it up with fresh berries but honestly i can't stand the stuff no more!

YungLifter
05-06-2005, 07:01 AM
I LOVE COTTAGE CHEESE, I can eat the whole container just by itself, and whats wrong w/ FF kinds they don't taste bad at all, I mix strawberries, necturines, blue berries, raspberries, pears, apples any types of fruit i guess and tastes great.

METALASIAN
05-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Its mental. Just don't think of it tasting nasty. Think of it tasting good and it will a lot easier. I nearly gagged the first time I ate it, because I had the preconception that it would taste terrible. Now I can down it easy.

ReelBigFish
05-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Cinnamon and splenda.

Built
05-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Its mental. Just don't think of it tasting nasty. Think of it tasting good and it will a lot easier. I nearly gagged the first time I ate it, because I had the preconception that it would taste terrible. Now I can down it easy.

Okay, my mind went down it's own road with this one...

METALASIAN
05-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Well that's how it was for me. :/

Unholy
05-06-2005, 12:02 PM
yes cinnamon and splenda and some almonds, just liek cinabon!!

Progress
05-06-2005, 12:05 PM
When I first started eating it I tried it with jam and jellies. Then I went to FF Italian dressing, maybe some pepper. Now I just use a spoon and the container. I sometimes mix in some protein powder with it... ;)

Unholy
05-06-2005, 02:28 PM
dressing in your coocheee? nasty

ryuage
05-06-2005, 02:30 PM
with fruit
with pb and protein powder
plain

TwiloMike
05-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Usually plain.
Hadn't tried protein powder- will give it a try.
Sometimes with jam/ fruit preserves.

Jensen
05-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Is it supposed to be so sour? Or is it just the brand I'm buying?

ReelBigFish
05-06-2005, 03:23 PM
if it's sour then it's probably bad. take it back and tell them its rancid.

Jensen
05-07-2005, 01:26 AM
if it's sour then it's probably bad. take it back and tell them its rancid.

Really? Damn!

This is the second container I've bought from this place. First one was sour too. I thought it was how it should taste...

Guess I better try another place. Also, I can't return it now. It's half empty.

Jensen
05-07-2005, 01:30 AM
Okay, my mind went down it's own road with this one...

I missed this post earlier. LOL!