PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food?

hoser813
05-06-2005, 02:38 PM
I just got done watching "Super Size Me" and I must say, I almost threw up a couple times during that movie. Anyone on here ever eat fast food? I used to eat it about 1-2 times a week, and really wasnt fond of it. Now that Im taking lifting seriously and bulking, I havent had anything short of fresh and healthy. The sad thing about that movie is that its true, Americans are fat. If only more people cared about their health than the select few, we wouldnt be looked down upon as much by the rest of the world.

YungLifter
05-06-2005, 02:54 PM
you should ask if any1 hasn't eaten fast food yet lol. Everyone has had fast food some where in their lives and theirs nothing wrong with having it once a week or w/e. IMO it's not the fast food that gets you fat it's the lazy person that won't go exercise and be healthy, althought the fast food helps you get to that being fat point.

shansen008
05-06-2005, 03:55 PM
It really is a double edged blade, the fatter you get the harder is to get back into shape. Getting fat can make a person lazy/er as everything they do becomes harder. What pains me is that with just a little bit of reading and research and even less discipline, losing weight is easy. Too many people in this country are just ignorant, i place a lot of the blame on our school system not properly teaching Phys Ed.

MrWebb78
05-06-2005, 05:01 PM
i still eat fast food a couple times a week. I'm a victim of needing convenience. between work and school I sometimes don't have time to prepare all of my meals ahead of time.

while it's never ideal, there are definately ways of making the most(in terms of health)of eating fast food. example: buy two chicken sanwiches, put one filet on the other sammich, and have a double chicken breast sammich. dont ever eat fries. dont drink a big 40 oz coke. plenty of options.

Organichu
05-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Many people in the world are out of shape. Part of America's obesity epidemic stems from America's disproportionately enormous amount of people with money to burn- even people making minimum wage in this nation can afford a McChicken and medium Coke once a week. It's a silly thing to apply the attitude only to Americans, though.

hoser813
05-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Well, Im not trying to bash Americans or anything, but Im pretty sure America has the highest obesity rate in the world. Fast food can be ok once in a while, but you have to be very careful with what you order. I dont think McDonalds has one healthy thing on their menu, besides the new grilled chicken strips. Other places have a better selection, but still, its all greasy fat.

In the movie, he had McDonalds for every meal, and in 5 days he had gained 10 lbs!! Also, I think it took him a year and a half of constant training and dieting to get back to normal after that. Just insane.

Also, the amount of calories in one McD's meal is just crazy... I think they said that the Double Quarter Pounder Super Sized had over 6,000 calories!! Thats more in one meal than most eat in a day!

qtrmilperf
05-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Well, Im not trying to bash Americans or anything, but Im pretty sure America has the highest obesity rate in the world. Fast food can be ok once in a while, but you have to be very careful with what you order. I dont think McDonalds has one healthy thing on their menu, besides the new grilled chicken strips. Other places have a better selection, but still, its all greasy fat.

In the movie, he had McDonalds for every meal, and in 5 days he had gained 10 lbs!! Also, I think it took him a year and a half of constant training and dieting to get back to normal after that. Just insane.

Also, the amount of calories in one McD's meal is just crazy... I think they said that the Double Quarter Pounder Super Sized had over 6,000 calories!! Thats more in one meal than most eat in a day!

6000 calories? Common sense tells you that quote is extremely incorrect.
Try www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/nutrition_info.html

Rob1

hoser813
05-06-2005, 11:15 PM
yeah, it is way off. I didnt remember the exact number they said, but it was something very high.... the large double quarter pounder meal has roughly 1560 calories, but thats still a ton for **** food.

HILL
05-07-2005, 05:55 AM
i used to work in mcdonalds and i no if you have a large supersize quarter meal or big tasty theirs more fat in that than the average person should have in a day