PDA

View Full Version : ABB steel bar rivets

Asylum
05-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Anyone know why these have been discontinued in several online stores? Is there something wrong with them, are they bad, or just not selling?

Asylum
05-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Anyone, anyone.....Beuller???

ReelBigFish
05-07-2005, 10:28 AM
They still have them on ABB's website. Maybe a lot of people weren't buying them.

DPS sells them for 22.95 for a 24/box.

Asylum
05-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks Reel. I just tried the chocolate ones, man are they tasty!!! In Mens Health this month, one of their cover models talks about what he eats and then answers questions. One question is about what he eats at the movies and he says he takes a packet of these, ABB steel bar rivets, and water. I decided to try them and bought a pack at GNC, man are they tasty. What do people think in reference to ingredients and nutritional facts? Here they are:

Calories: 200
Calories from fat: 60
total fat: 7g
sat. fat: 4g
Cholesterol: 6mg
Sodium: 100 mg
total carbs: 18g
sugars: 15g
fiber: 0
protein: 16g

Ingredients:
protein core (wheat protein, powdered egg white protein, soy protein isolate, food starch [corn and/or wheat], vanillin, sucralose), milk chocolate (sugar, whole milk poweder, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, lecithin, and vanillin).

ryuage
05-07-2005, 07:33 PM
wow thats probably the first product ive seen where the main protein ingredient is wheat protein

Asylum
05-07-2005, 11:32 PM
wow thats probably the first product ive seen where the main protein ingredient is wheat protein

Is that good or bad?

ReelBigFish
05-08-2005, 10:16 AM
wheat prot. isn't a complete protein, and seeing how its the first ing. it prob. means that the majority of the prot. is wheat. They look o.k. i guess for an occasional thing but that seems like a lot of sugar. They would prolly be ok for PWO but if you do a PWO spike then the sugar in there isn't really gunna help you and they have a good bit of sat. fat. It's looks like a malted milk ball with a high protein core.

Sc00t
05-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Meh, stuff like ths is way overpriced. Seriously, if you're going to the movies just buy a big ass soda there and some of those "jujubees" i hear so much about. Lol.

Or just buy some organic brunch bars (those oat-y things that taste yummy.)