PDA

View Full Version : Just looking for a little critic

SkinnySadMan
05-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi guys I was just wondering if I can pull decent weight for a deadlift for my weight. I'm 16 male, 5'7 130 lbs. and deadlifted 220 lbs. for 3 reps (233 lbs. 1rm according to 1rm calculators.

My long-term goal is to deadlift 2x or 2.5x my bodyweight, but it would be really cool if I can pull 400 lbs if I remain at this weight.

Brotherofiron
05-07-2005, 03:41 PM
why are you asking us? do you want a morale booster? do you want us to say of course! thats a $hit load of weight!!??

what i will say that anyone who gives there all in the weight room gets my respect...

dont ask us if it is good...ask your self if it is good enough...and by the way you are talking...it sounds as if you wont stop untill you get to 400lbs...my advice is to stop asking if it is good enough and just go work your @ss off for it...

Sensei
05-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I think that a "Are my numbers good?" thread should be started and made a sticky so that it can be referred to. This comes up all the time!

I think most people would agree on the following:

Squat and Deadlift: Anything over 2x bodyweight is respectable. Anything over 3x bodyweight is outstanding.

Bench Press: Anything over 1.5x bodyweight is respectable. Anything over 2x bodyweight is outstanding.

CarlP
05-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Respectable isn't the word I would use. Few people are going to bench 1.5x or squat 2x their bodyweight without some hard work.

Optimum08
05-07-2005, 06:25 PM
im with brother...do we really need these "self-confidence" threads...i mean come on...just bust your balls in the weightroom and stop asking if this "is a good amount of weight to lift based on my bodyweight"

WBBIRL
05-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Yep, those no doubt about it... those numbers may be oustanding to some people and a joke to others. The best thing to do is compete aginst yourself, not everyone else. At 130 lbs its going to be hard to measure up to the big boys unless you do it in a lb 4 lb manner. If you really care about getting strong I suggest you start bulking up with alot of protein and lifting. Id suggest trying to pack on another 20-30 lbs of muscle before shooting for the stars. You would be amazed at the difference 30lbs of muscle could make on your body... it would be very noticable.