PDA

View Full Version : Lunch of a champion:

Sc00t
05-08-2005, 04:59 AM
Last week, each lunchtime I was eating:

1 tin of tuna
3 chicken legs
bunch of grapes
1 mandarin (thats a small orange style citrus fruit)
2 chicken sandwiches (only chicken slices, unfortunatley - and white bread)
1 bag of crisps (chips, as they're called in Americaland.)
A soda (naughty, I know - but what the hay!)

I took brown rice one day, but it was too bland, any ideas what to mix into it?

I found that I was still hungry sometimes, I guess my body is just getting used to eating so much.

What am I missing there? I mean, I'm still hungry. I might replace the soda with say, half a litre of my whey protein shake.

Any thoughts on how to improve that? I'm on a bulk.

Also, what can you recommend for snacking on in classes that will help me with my bulk? (we're actually allowed to snack, how aweXome is that?)

Thanks
-Sc00t

HILL
05-08-2005, 05:45 AM
i make my own protein bars their just short of 500 cals their a gd idea also with the rice i was making a curry and mixing it in with the ice so it was ry i was even eating it cold at one point wouldnt ave the crisps personally i also found tuna is very low in cals for bulking maybe make some shakes and just take them with u their the main part of my bulk at 1000 each

TheGimp
05-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Sounds like a decent attempt, at least you don't seem to be skimping on the calories. Really the things to improve are what you yourself have pointed out - use wholewheat bread instead of white and ditch the soda, go for diet at the very least. These are the only reasons I can assume you are still hungry, as they're fast digesting carbs and will spike blood sugar. Not good for hunger management.

I recommend you add some nuts. Calorie dense, with decent amounts of protein and lots of healthy fats, and easy to snack on too. Almonds would be my personal preference as they tend to be the highest in protein and monounsaturated fat, although you could go for walnuts (a source of EFAs). Any kind you prefer really, or a mixture.

Owen
05-08-2005, 08:39 AM
I usually have a couple of whole wheat bagels with peanut butter on them as a mid-afternoon snack. I smash them flat and put them in a ziplock bag. easy to carry around that way. Plus I like smashing things.

J450n
05-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Phase the crisp and soda out. Try replacing the crisp for nuts and the soda for either semi-skim milk with or without whey. I used to be a Dr.P addict and eat 'pringles' for fun, i don't get the urge much these days.

Sc00t
05-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah. I haven't eaten a candy bar in like, 3 weeks. It's killing me every time i go into the cupboard, but ah well - it's worth it.

I like the idea of the bagels and bags of nuts. I'm going to do those. Thanks guys. Any more suggestions?

TheGimp
05-08-2005, 10:50 AM
With a plastic container and a spoon, the world is your oyster.