PDA

View Full Version : A Dawn of a New Beginning

BlitzMoDe
05-09-2005, 07:00 AM
Well, I have finally hit a point where I am ready to get serious about training. I will start with a little background information. I have never been a big guy in my life. The last time I even saw a pooch on my belly was probably when I was a toddler. In high school, I managed to spend most of my years at around 120lbs. Now, almost 7 years after, I am only tipping the scales at 140lbs at 5'10". I have always wanted to be buff, but have always had money or time matters that prevented me. Either that, or I just never had the drive as I do now to make it happen. I did spend 4 months out of last year in army training. I am in the Reserves. Gained about 10-12lbs during that, but have lost it due to lack of exercise since then. I have been researching over the past several months, and have got a diet and training program down that I have been patiently and anxiously waiting to implement. I almost like the fact I have been inactive since I am hoping for some newbie gains when I hit the heavy metal. From previous times I have done my short spurts of working out with a subpar diet, I gain real easy, but I can also can lose it easy if I slack off. By the way, I hope to keep in mind principles that were taught to me through the army which are abbreviated in my screen name. That is Mo-tivation and De-dication. So now there is only one thing for me left to do. :strong: Pics and more details to follow within the week.

dissipate
05-09-2005, 07:29 AM
welcome to the journal section blitz :) am waiting for your pics and details.

120lb is really light for 5'10 and i think the guys here will be able to better advise you on the weight you should ideally be around.

good luck with your goals!!

BlitzMoDe
05-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the encouragement dissipate! I am not starting at 120 though; that was back in high school. I am at 140 now which isn't much better. :cry: The pics and details are soon to come!