PDA

View Full Version : Common food with a ton of calories

Kylethechaotic
05-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Will someone tell me some cheap common foods with ALOTTTT of calories?

Max-Mex
05-10-2005, 12:29 AM
oils, pasta, rice, nuts, peanut butter (or almond butter). McDonalds, Wendy's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, White Castle...etc...etc.

EviscerationX
05-10-2005, 03:07 AM
Ben & Jerry's ice cream [any brand], Subway meatball 12", Burger King, etc.

Don't know how cheap these things are...

CarlP
05-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Natural peanut butter. Eat it, love it. repeat as necessary.

Unholy
05-10-2005, 10:59 AM
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard......

leanmuscle
05-10-2005, 11:47 AM
HolyWars is there anything that we need to know about you? LOL

CarlP
05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard......

Oh no. Please stop right there, that song is gonna get stuck in my head. :bang:

Unholy
05-10-2005, 12:14 PM
HolyWars is there anything that we need to know about you? LOL

I like shakes......They are easy to make, high calorie, and healthy for cutting and bulkin.

I suggest gettin 100% rolled oats, some protein, peanut butter, and bananas, you can make a wickid shake with about 1000 calroes in under 2 minutes.

Oh and I know the song is horrible.

Beholder
05-10-2005, 12:19 PM
What exactly is the difference between Quick oats and rolled oats??
I bought quick oats ><

Unholy
05-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Not sure, ive never had quick oats. Best of my knowledge quick oats are freezer dried. Rolled are just plain rolled oats. Either one is fine.

Max-Mex
05-10-2005, 01:21 PM
What exactly is the difference between Quick oats and rolled oats??
I bought quick oats ><

The difference is in how they are processed. Found this on google:

<< 1) All types of oatmeal have all of the nutrients intact (nothing is
removed), but if you're diabetic or trying to lose weight, the larger the
pieces, the better. Whole oat groats (the seeds themselves) are available
in some health food and specialty stores, and cook up the same way as
oatmeal but take a longer time to cook. Next best are the Irish or
Scottish-type oatmeal cereals (often sold in metal cans) called steel-cut
oats; the seeds have just been broken up. Next best are rolled whole oats
(the long-cooking Quaker Oats type that come in round cardboard boxes). The quick-cooking oats and instant oatmeal are least desirable -- the quicker it cooks, the quicker it is broken down in your intestines, causing higher rise
in blood sugar.

Not sure about the first part as I was always under the impression that quick oats had fewer nutrients do to the extreme processing. I could be wrong though.

Unholy
05-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I heard rolled OATS are better. Dont know why though.

Max-Mex
05-10-2005, 01:32 PM
I think it all boils down to what your goals are. If cutting, I would eat steel cut oats as they take forever to digest, hence you feel full longer. For bulking, rolled or quick oats as they will be digested faster. That's my opinion anyway.

CarlP
05-10-2005, 04:30 PM
I think it all boils down to what your goals are. If cutting, I would eat steel cut oats as they take forever to digest, hence you feel full longer. For bulking, rolled or quick oats as they will be digested faster. That's my opinion anyway.

Is the difference really that great? I just use the big tub of quaker oats, easy and cheap.
Edit: I'm also bulking, so I'll eat damn near anything.

waynis
05-10-2005, 04:53 PM
beef

Max-Mex
05-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Is the difference really that great? I just use the big tub of quaker oats, easy and cheap.
Edit: I'm also bulking, so I'll eat damn near anything.

Well think about it. If your body has to take the time to breakdown the food, then you'll feel full longer. Since instant oats are already crushed and very flaky, then you're body will need less time to digest. When cutting, I try to eat foods that will make me full the longest (with the fewest calories, if possible).

ReelBigFish
05-10-2005, 09:23 PM
The difference in oats, in relation to what Max said, is that since they are smaller and made for quicker cooking they are higher-GI than reg. oats so they create more of an insulin spike, but the GL is also important too.

Zearoth
05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Buy a tub of weight gainer, a few bags of milk and you're ready to go. Maybe not the cheapest way to go but I think its the most convenient and easiest to take down. Tons of cals too.

Beholder
05-10-2005, 10:07 PM
I just started to put quick oats into my gainer shakes as I am bulking but man o man, the taste and the texture are a no go.
I even threw the oats into a blender beforehand to make the texture a little better, but the taste of the oats is pretty overpowering.
Im thinking of taking the oats out completely and just using Natty PB instead of both. And to make up for the lost calories just drink a cup of milk ><.

Unless someone has a secret on how to make it taste good w/ Oats. :p

GMCtrk
05-10-2005, 10:39 PM
olive oil and peanut butter

Beholder
05-10-2005, 10:41 PM
From my general experience oils taste bad in general....if olive oil tastes anything like Flax seed oil it isnt going to even come close to my shakes.

Shao-LiN
05-10-2005, 11:04 PM
So put it in a tablespoon, open wide, gulp it down and get it over with. Man up, you taste it for all of 1 second.

Beholder
05-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Haha yeah I do that but was hoping perhaps it would be aiight to use in my shake, but it taints the flavor as well(just tried it).
Im sure I will get used to it all in time and it wont be so much of a chore.

spencerjrus
05-11-2005, 12:07 PM
I take 8tbsp of olive oil and 2tbsp of udos choice oil blend off a spoon every day.

Wild Cat McCane
05-11-2005, 03:19 PM
As far as the oats go, you all seem to forget that we have teeth. Now, I love oats, and I can it just straight out of the quaker oat container, but you gotta chew it.

So you guys are just getting any old olive oil? and then just gulp?

Ironman15
05-11-2005, 03:22 PM
I take 8tbsp of olive oil and 2tbsp of udos choice oil blend off a spoon every day.

Quite a bit of fat from just oils isn't? Granted it is healthy fatss thats about 120 grams of fat not including everything else you take in.

Sc00t
05-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Sticks of butter have to be loaded with cals, right? If you can stomach that crap lol.

Wholemeal bread = better than white
Bags of peanuts rather than crisps (or chips, if youre american)
Organic oat-y style bars rather than candy.

Those are good *replacements* for the usual junk, I've learned recently (the guys on this forum own at advice and helping hands :) )

Milkshakes dude, are a must-have if you wanna bulk. I swear it. And porridge/rolled oats. Put them in your shakes, or cook them up they're awesome.

I usually take a tin of tuna into college with me (in a little tub) and just eat that. Might be a little bland, but it's worth it.

Also, maybe try cooking up a chicken breast to take with you, that'd be a good idea. (or cook 5 on Sunday night, 1 for each weekday.)

Paella is quite good, because it has fish AND rice in it, that's pretty good.

Other than that, the rest of my advice ends in "drive-in".

Hope I covered something others didn't.
-Sc00t

smalls
05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
I like shakes......They are easy to make, high calorie, and healthy for cutting and bulkin.

I suggest gettin 100% rolled oats, some protein, peanut butter, and bananas, you can make a wickid shake with about 1000 calroes in under 2 minutes.

Oh and I know the song is horrible.

Agreed on all points, cept I used quick oats cuz there already partially chopped up.

Unholy
05-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Word, Rolled are pretty ground up usually, the quaker kind I get in the big cardboard tub.

dagr8n8
05-11-2005, 07:23 PM
best cheapist weight gainer is corn syrup.. you can get it in a powdered form.. its like 80$ for a 55 lb bag.. thats got lotsa calroies..eheh.

TOBART
05-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Raisins... buy a big ass bag and keep it somewhere where its almost always in front of you

or take a pound of butter, wrap it in bacon then dip it in sugar, enjoy

Sc00t
05-12-2005, 05:39 PM
That's sick.

Seriously.

Your dentist hates you.
Your doctor hates you.
Your optician hates you.

darius19
05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Raisins... buy a big ass bag and keep it somewhere where its almost always in front of you

or take a pound of butter, wrap it in bacon then dip it in sugar, enjoy

The thought alone makes me want to puke...what were you thinking?

Built
05-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Mmmm, bacon wrapped butter with sugar....

Sorry. Cutting. Lots of stuff sounds good right about now.

Guido
05-13-2005, 09:42 AM
As far as the oats go, you all seem to forget that we have teeth. Now, I love oats, and I can it just straight out of the quaker oat container, but you gotta chew it.

So you guys are just getting any old olive oil? and then just gulp?I agree, man. I just eat the sh*t straight outta the container.

the one
05-13-2005, 11:47 AM
hahah that bacon comment is hilarious, could you imagine eating that hahah ewwww. hey im bulking maybe ill try it haha